Newcastle 0 - 1 Chelsea - Post match thread

Dave

Trying to win a game.

I agree - how naive can you get? :roll:

Naively trying to win the game. Read properly. You should recognise the word NAIVE.

Alright then, smartarse, i'll turn it on its head. How do you 'naively' try to win a game? :?

Is the whole ball has to be over or more than half the ball ?

Im not really sure mate....Sounds better with more than half the ball, but i think it is the hole ball...impossible to know for sure without givig the refs some video help

We were outdone by gamesmanship at the end of the day. Robben was fouled in a crossing position, but Chelsea casually rolled it a good few yards back and suddenly it was an inviting angle for a shot. Everybody was amazed that the ref didn't do anything about this, it was shortsightedness which probably cost us the game.

Nevertheless I was amazed we only put a few men in the wall (what was it - three?) for a free-kick from that distance. When I saw Drogba lining up to take it I thought to myself 'surely that's not our wall'. It's no use blaming Parker, there should have been at least another man in that wall, probably two. It was a childish mistake and we were punished, even if Chelsea did cheat to get the angle they did.

We were outdone by gamesmanship at the end of the day. It was pretty much an unshootable position where Robben was fouled, but Chelsea casually rolled it a good few yards back and it was an inviting angle.

I was amazed we only put a few men in the wall (what was it - three?) for a free-kick from that distance. When I saw Drogba lining up to take it I thought to myself 'surely that's not our wall'. It's no use blaming Parker, there shoul. It was a childish mistake and we were punished, even if Chelsea did cheat to get the angle they did.

Don't blame Chelsea too much. It was our fuking numpties who sat there in the wall doing nowt about the 2 yards stolen. It wasn't a quick free kick as well, the ball sat on the white line for nearly 50 seconds!

Guest smoggeordie

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2373/vlcsnap189521iw9.jpg

The hole ball needs to be over (or?)..And that one was not, not going by that picture anyway..

What about this one

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/639/goalnh5.png

Don't blame Chelsea too much. It was our fuking numpties who sat there in the wall doing nowt about the 2 yards stolen. It wasn't a quick free kick as well, the ball sat on the white line for nearly 50 seconds!

I'd have to see it again but I thought it was a free-kick (never a yellow card though).

Had they not moved the ball I doubt they would have even attempted the shot they did. But I agree our players should have went mental as they were sneakily gaining crucial yards and changing the angle of the kick.

What good would it have been playing for a draw, some may not rate Roeder but he is not stupid enough to have wanted a 0-0 at FT, to have then had to play an extra 30 mins, not with the schudule we have over the crimbo period.

Who said they wanted us to play for a draw?

I'd have to see it again but I thought it was a free-kick (never a yellow card though).

Had they not moved the ball I doubt they would have even attempted the shot they did. But I agree our players should have went mental as they were sneakily gaining crucial yards and changing the angle of the kick.

tbh, watch it again, and they sneak the yards in the 1st couple of seconds, then the ball sits on the white line for about a minute (how i remember it anyway)

T*** on the Chelsea forum:

"Robben was fouled twice en route to the free-kick - he stealthily avoided the Solano challenge but was hacked down by Butt."

Thats' correct imo. But robben doesn't need to act like he's got a rocketlauncher up his ass.. And i hate that diving from him, and that acting like if he was shot with a shotgun

Guest makemeacupoftea

I agree with everything Delima as said, our subs could do fuck all so why bother?

Chelsea probs would have been happy if we made subs

"Robben was fouled twice en route to the free-kick - he stealthily avoided the Solano challenge but was hacked down by Butt."

Thats' correct imo. But robben doesn't need to act like he's got a rocketlauncher up his ass.. And i hate that diving from him, and that acting like if he was shot with a shotgun

So he was 'hacked' down was he?

Guest smoggeordie

So he was 'hacked' down was he?

You're on a fucking posting spree tonight mate :lol:

I agree with everything Delima as said, our subs could do fuck all so why bother?

Chelsea probs would have been happy if we made subs

Sibby looked a threat or was i too pissed?

Could of done with him 20mins earlier.

I agree with everything Delima as said, our subs could do F*** all so why bother?

And you know this how?

Pathetic attitude is that tbh. There was absolutely nowt happening for us as it was - we may aswell make the substitutions, even if we're not guaranteed a great reaction.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2373/vlcsnap189521iw9.jpg

The hole ball needs to be over (or?)..And that one was not, not going by that picture anyway..

What about this one

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/639/goalnh5.png

bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Geordiesned

I haven't read any of this thread buy here's my thoughts;

Firstly Chelsea are a cheating bunch of cunts. Robben is a fucking disgrace to the game. I bet that cunt Mourinho won't mention his diving to the press! I wonder how much the Russian gangster paid for Chris Foy tonight.

Also, Roeder was clueless yet again. Dyer on the right, Emre upfront/just off Martins and Milner on the left did not work. The first time Dyer ended up in a forward position early in the 2nd half we nearly scored! Dyer should have been up front (his pace would have exploited a weaken Chelsea central defence - inparticular Boulabollocks), Emre on the left (he was completely wasted) and Milner on the right.

Why did it take so long to bring Siba on? What the fuck's he going to do in 3 minutes?

Roeder has largely escaped the flak over the last month or so thanks to an upturn in fortunes but tonight for me showed how clueless he is.

I agree with everything Delima as said, our subs could do F*** all so why bother?

And you know this how?

Pathetic attitude is that tbh. There was absolutely nowt happening for us as it was - we may aswell make the substitutions, even if we're not guaranteed a great reaction.

Why bother at all eh?

Fuk it, lets slit our rists and all die.

Guest makemeacupoftea

And you know this how?

May as well keep the better players on, more chance