Newcastle 0 - 1 Chelsea - Post match thread

Dave

Glenn Roeder - 7 - Prepare the team well in not losing the game.

Except we did actually lose.

We lose due to the combination of a silly rash challenge by Butt, an overreaction by Robben, and ball being shifted forward.

I am glad we did not lose in open play. And we generally played as well as Chelsea.

We lose due to the combination of a silly rash challenge by Butt, an overreaction by Robben, and ball being shifted forward.

I am glad we did not lose in open play. And we generally played as well as Chelsea.

Nah, we lost because Chelsea changed their team when the game was dead, and we didn't.

It was the thickest piece of non-management i think i have ever seen in a Newcastle match.

He lost it in the subs, lack of for him.

Rating: 3, thats being generous.

So in two games agaisnt Chelsea we lose on a scuffed shot that falls straight to Drogba and a questionable free kick.  Although still not where we want to be, that's a lot better than I would have predicted us to do a few months back.

it's amazing how much being at the right position makes a difference, especially for young players. look at ramage, for last month or two, hes almost always played consistently decent, not too many mistakes. I remember the beginning of the season, he was out of position, and was horrendous, and we were ready to burn him at the stake. hopefully roeder stops screwing with the players, and plays them at their natural positions, especially once the injuries end. players like dyer need to be where they can maximize their impact, otherwise they look awful and do nothing, and the team looks like a mess.

it's amazing how much being at the right position makes a difference, especially for young players. look at ramage, for last month or two, hes almost always played consistently decent, not too many mistakes. I remember the beginning of the season, he was out of position, and was horrendous, and we were ready to burn him at the stake. hopefully roeder stops screwing with the players, and plays them at their natural positions, especially once the injuries end. players like dyer need to be where they can maximize their impact, otherwise they look awful and do nothing, and the team looks like a mess.

Players like Ramage & Hunty will develop quicker from these out of position experiences.

Taylor was the same, now settled where he is, a good player at that.

Dyer needs to be straight through the middle for me though, old dog no tricks spring to mind, defending is different though, you learn, its not as natural as attacking.

trust me,with roeder he will play moore as cb the first game he is back..

If it meant Moore coming in for Ramage, and Ramage replacing Baba as the left-back - and i'd be OK with that. We've got enough firepower from midfield to not need another sprightly wing-back... Ramage is good from a defensive side of things. Far better than Babayaro.

(Nobby --- Taylor --- Moore --- Ramage)

I just can't believe people are actually singling any of our players out for the blame. None of them were awful. Take it on the chin and move on. We've got a more important match on Saturday coming up and the next couple of weeks are going to shape our season. Get behind the lads rather than making any of them scapegoats.

This game is gone. I'm on about the "big picture" when I refer to Parker. Unless you think tonight is the only game he's been shit, like. 

Why the F*** didn't we get a pen for the f***ing blatent push on Sib as well.

You think that should of been a penalty? No way in hell that was a penalty...If you meant that situation when he got pushed in the back and threw himself on the ground..Was it Carvalho who pushed him a "little" ??

You could have sent Given a f***ing telegram telling him what was on the way.

Appalling piece of goalkeeping.

Roeder said he could have done nothing about the goal saying it was a perfect taken free-kick.

Why the F*** didn't we get a pen for the f***ing blatent push on Sib as well.

You think that should of been a penalty? No way in hell that was a penalty...If you meant that situation when he got pushed in the back and threw himself on the ground..Was it Carvalho who pushed him a "little" ??

But when you consider what free-kicks they got...

Guest Gemmill

Mourinho is a wanker. He should tell his players to stop diving before acusing others. Hate the cunt, hate robben, hate drogba, hate abramovich and I hate chelsea!

No no no!  He's an amazing manager who only acts like THE BIGGEST ARSEHOLE ON THE FUCKING PLANET to take the attention and pressure off his players.  Honest.  The man in the newspaper told me.

:roll:

Just back from the match and my observations:

Played the wrong formation - shuda gone 4-4-2 and played as Everton did at them at the weekend, didnt look at all like scoring in the 2nd half, almost like we were playing for the nil nil

Defence was good - Ramage and Taylor looked good until we were chasing the game, Ramage in particular stands out

Huntington isnt upto it - at the moment anyways, i know he was out of position etc but his general footballing ability looks limited, a la Ramage but worse, but he tried his best so fair play.

Chelsea - whey what can you say, for a team like they have to play as they do is a joke, Mourihno wants to take a look at his players b4 criticising others, i thought the FK was a FK for the goal but what was Given doing was my immediate thought - havent seen it back. Mikel is gash, Bridge and Ferreira looked gash as did the Cannibal. Changed so much when they got the subs on.

Entertainment Value - 5

Support/Atmos - 6

NUFC Performance - 6

Roeder Performance - 3

Nah, we lost because Chelsea changed their team when the game was dead, and we didn't.

It was the thickest piece of non-management i think i have ever seen in a Newcastle match.

Glenn Roeder - 7 - Prepare the team well in not losing the game. Unable to make tactical change to win a game however.

May I add something.

Do you think we have better chances winning the game from the spot kick or from open play?

After Mourinho brought in 3 first teamer subs, should we surrender our working formula and try to win a game with more offensive play?

My problem with Roeder remains the same. He should have taken Dyer off. He is ineffective offensively and he is also of not much help defensively. Other than that, if I were in Roeder's seat, I wouldn't make any other sub.

Urrgh, feel like I'm going to be sick. I agree.