Joelinton

Stifler

7 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Apparently blew a 43. 

35 is the legal limit but they only charge you at 40. Think they say 4 units (2 pints or so) takes you to the limit. 

If you’re 5 stone perhaps. 

I think given Howe's comments after the Liverpool and Arsenal matches about his own conduct and behaviour on the touchline, and being an influence on younger supporters, he'll probably take some sort of action, and maybe even drop JL for a match as punishment for this, and letting the team, squad and club down.

If he's been charged, he must have been over the limit, even if its marginal, he's drove over the drink limit, and Howe's expected standards from our players have slipped.

Edited by TK-421

I’m slightly surprised at the strength of outrage tbh, because I think a hell of a lot of people have driven close to or even slightly above the legal limit, some regularly. Loads of people think it was only a couple of drinks, or it was x hours ago, and they feel fine.

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

An individual who has been arrested (much less charged/convicted) would have (is advised to by the US authorities) to apply for a visa as opposed to getting a standard visa waiver via ESTA. It may be that any visa application could be denied, although that’s usually for serious or imprisonable offences which I’m not sure Joelintons will be classed as.

Isn’t there a big difference depending on what you’re doing. I remember joey Barton was allowed on holiday, but the following month wasnt allowed a ‘work visa’ to take part in our summer tour. 

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m slightly surprised at the strength of outrage tbh, because I think a hell of a lot of people have driven close to or even slightly above the legal limit, some regularly. Loads of people think it was only a couple of drinks, or it was x hours ago, and they feel fine.

And for that reason there should be no grey area or wriggle room. No room for an “error of judgment” limit should be zero no exceptions. 

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

In college I had a cop follow me home driving drunk, all the way into my trailer park. I didn't even notice him until I pulled into my driveway and he cruised past behind me.

My reaction was to run inside and turn off all the lights and hide in case they came back for me [emoji38]

That was also when I retired from drunk driving, I figured I'd used up all my luck at that point. 

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

And for that reason there should be no grey area or wriggle room. No room for an “error of judgment” limit should be zero no exceptions. 

Of course it should, honestly some on here should give your heads a shake trying to justify 'just' being over the limit. 

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

How long would you give it after a night out ?

Can you get accurate home testers?

Guest reefatoon
37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Some of you really are some odd balls. 

Boo him? Ban him for 6 months? Have any of you ever made a mistake? Have you no more info than news story? He was charged, he was not convicted. Thankfully nobody is hurt. Thankfully he isn't hurt. 

He will be dealt with by law and the club. 

He's a human being who's done a fuck load of good for the club and the city, but hey let's jsut make shit memes and songs and jokes about him.

Have a feeling you would be saying something completely different if he had done it when he was shite under Bruce. But we all love him now so people feel they can be more lenient. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Of course it should, honestly some on here should give your heads a shake trying to justify 'just' being over the limit. 

I don’t justify it, I’m borderline teetotal myself so it would never happen to me. It just seems to be something that only gets outrage when someone gets caught. If it was that socially unacceptable then it wouldn’t happen as much as it does. People drive after drinking a relatively low amount at a restaurant or pub all the time and people don’t say anything because they think “well they’re not drunk so it’s fine”.

14 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Isn’t there a big difference depending on what you’re doing. I remember joey Barton was allowed on holiday, but the following month wasnt allowed a ‘work visa’ to take part in our summer tour. 

I’m sure a load of people don’t bother declaring an arrest, let alone a conviction, and are ok/allowed in to the USA. Their government states that you should do though, prior to entry, and should apply for a visa prior to a visit. Depends if they catch you, I guess, what your offence was, and if that justifies them letting you in or putting you on the next plane home. Plus, as you say, a holiday would be seen differently to work- whether that counts for or against your entry, I wouldn’t know. 

10 minutes ago, madras said:

That’s the small detail, I’ve always believed it should be a zero limit policy. This discourages from a drink here or there with a meal, or it’s only one or a couple. As for the night before. If in doubt don’t! 

9 minutes ago, madras said:

You can get personal testers for about $30-$50 at drugstores here in the U.S. (I assume you can over there, too).   Decent ones are as accurate as the ones cops use. 

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I don’t justify it, I’m borderline teetotal myself so it would never happen to me. It just seems to be something that only gets outrage when someone gets caught. If it was that socially unacceptable then it wouldn’t happen as much as it does. People drive after drinking a relatively low amount at a restaurant or pub all the time and people don’t say anything because they think “well they’re not drunk so it’s fine”.

You should not drink and drive full stop. Have you lost anyone close due to someone being over 'the limit'. I have and I would suggest if you haven't, then your opinion would be completely different if you actually had

Just now, et tu brute said:

You should not drink and drive full stop. Have you lost anyone close due to someone being over 'the limit'. I have and I would suggest if you haven't, then your opinion would be completely different if you actually had

… I never said you should drink drive. Wtf are you on about?

12 minutes ago, madras said:

Home testers can be fairly accurate initially, but they will eventually deteriorate and become less accurate over time, so can’t give an accurate measurement. Plus they would have to be initially calibrated so as to show the correct measurement, and who’s to say that is done right in the factory etc? 

2 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

You can get personal testers for about $30-$50 at drugstores here in the U.S. (I assume you can over there, too).   Decent ones are as accurate as the ones cops use. 

You can get 2 for £5 from Halfords. France used to require drivers had a breathalyser in their car at all times so they for people traveling to France. Got a pack out of interest to test the other half as a joke to see how drunk she gets on a Friday at home.

they are accurate enough to appease a French copper. 

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You said it's an outrage only when someone is caught out. 

Right? That’s very different to saying people should drink drive or that it’s ok. I commented on the level of reaction being a surprise to me given my experience of growing up in this country.

Edited by Kimbo

Problem with the system is.

The limit is 1 pint.

90% of drinkers will have 1 pint and be fine to drive. Breathalyser check may equate to being below the limit.

I am 10yr sober. So 1 pint of piss fosters and I would be swerving all over the road. Get the book chucked at me and get a 20 month ban and a fine. Kill someone and do a long stretch.

If you have even the slightest of doubts before getting in the car. Don’t drive.

Joe knew full well that he may possibly fail the test. Just like Joe blogs after a swift pint before driving home. 

You take a gamble. Expect to accept the consequences.

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Have a feeling you would be saying something completely different if he had done it when he was shite under Bruce. But we all love him now so people feel they can be more lenient. 

Or if it was a Sunderland player

30 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I agree with this like. Surprised it isn’t a rule already.

I am sure there is even a cocaine limit, but think that is to do with other (legal) drugs having something in them. May be wrong. 

35 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Just par for the course in social media reality. Everything can only be incredible or appalling. Nuance is poison because it requires active and conscious thinking.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

I agree with this like. Surprised it isn’t a rule already.

I am sure there is even a cocaine limit, but think that is to do with other (legal) drugs having something in them. May be wrong. 

Same with alcohol, with various other legal products containing alcohol that could provide a trace result, like mouthwash. Hence you couldn’t have a zero policy.