Joelinton

Stifler

Gayle was out injured for a lot of the season.

I was beginning to think Joelinton's contract had a clause stipulating he must start every game he is fit for. I think yesterday was only the second time he wasn't started in the league.

How Joelinton cost £40m is a mystery. That amount must have performance clauses built in? If it was a straight £40m, Hoffenheim have pulled off a miracle. I guess we'll know when the accounts come out.

It was £38M upfront.

It was £38M upfront.

It doesn't add up. It's not like NUFC were in a bidding war. It's not like his playing record justified anywhere near that price. Mike Ashley sanctioned paying that fee based purely on the possibility that Joelinton might turn into a world beater? The scout needs sacking but so does whoever agreed with him.

It was £38M upfront.

It doesn't add up. It's not like NUFC were in a bidding war. It's not like his playing record justified anywhere near that price. Mike Ashley sanctioned paying that fee based purely on the possibility that Joelinton might turn into a world beater? The scout needs sacking but so does whoever agreed with him.

So Ashley could turn around and say, "look, you wanted me to smash the transfer record and I did. And he was shit, I'm not doing it again."

He's totally and utterly shit, surely nobody can try and defend him now

I don't want to sound smug but I've been saying this since the first time he played for us.  Yes, even when he scored that early goal against Spurs.  He is one million miles away from being a centre forward/number 9.  And don't give me that "but he's really a wide left player".  The bloke is shit!

I never get why anyone would want to be smug about calling it right about someone being shit.

Just that most fans thought "oh he must be great,he cost £40 million".  I used my own eyes and said "this bloke is never a centre forward".  I should be a football scout really.  ;)

I never get why anyone would want to be smug about calling it right about someone being shit.

Just that most fans thought "oh he must be great,he cost £40 million".  I used my own eyes and said "this bloke is never a centre forward".  I should be a football scout really.  ;)

Straw men.

I mean if you just read through the first few pages off this thread no one was particularly excited by this

OK, whatever.  Explain this then.  Everyone has seen him play this season in possibly most games.  When the thread comes out on this board who would your first 11 be against ........ whoever, then how the fu#k does he appear in most fan's teams?  Now all of a sudden we all knew he was shite?  When did that happen?  I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team, yet just you wait for the expected team against Brighton.  The useless twat will still be there.  Amazing!

I mean if you just read through the first few pages off this thread no one was particularly excited by this

OK, whatever.  Explain this then.  Everyone has seen him play this season in possibly most games.  When the thread comes out on this board who would your first 11 be against ........ whoever, then how the fu#k does he appear in most fan's teams?  Now all of a sudden we all knew he was shite?  When did that happen?  I wouldn't have him anywhere near the first team, yet just you wait for the expected team against Brighton.  The useless twat will still be there.  Amazing!

Rod man. I know we've never always seen eye to eye, but everyone knows he's shit. You know it, I know it and the rest of this forum knows it.

Just relax man. We know he's crap.

We all knew he was shite but the alternatives have been injured Carroll and injured Gayle most of the season. I don't think anyone would put him in the team in front of Gayle now