Joelinton

Stifler

Joe's scored one since quarantine, he just can't get enough, he just can't get enough...

He's been stuck in a hotel by himself for months as well apparently. He just can't get it up.

I assume it was the Joelinton Travel Tavern he was staying at?

Bruce will make one too many mistakes. Lee Charnley will see what Joelinton always knew and he'll go in there and they go "yeah right, Bruce's pissed off him and pissed off him. Bruce isn't the manager that he thinks he is, OK.. They'll drag him out by his hair and that's when the begging starts. And they go to Joeltinon will you please come back cos you're the best man for the job"

:lol: :lol:

It would be interesting to see us sign an out and out striker ahead of Joelinton - Miggy - ASM.

Let's face it, even if we get taken over we aren't writing off a £40m signing after one season. And we won't be getting bids for him this summer.

Went back to his old self yesterday, he does put himself about but you never really see him in the right place or looking for an opportunity to score or assist, Carroll came on and instantly we looked like we have some threat upfront.

Given he's meant to be a "wide forward" or whatever they claim, he can't run at people, cross or make good runs

He was bullied by the Villa defenders.

He has no exceptional feature of his game to allow him to succeed as a number 9.  He doesn't have great strength, pace, intelligence, skill, movement or timing of runs. 

How have we paid so much for this plodder :lol: 

He's just not got a strikers brain. He doesn't know the role at all. Not surprising as he isn't the number 9 we were led to believe and it's damning that a permanent crock like Carrol is more effective.

I haven't written him off yet, personally.

Sorry but take away the price tag and he’s just crap, thick or just plain stupid.

He never plays on the shoulder , hides from the ball, can’t shoot, has no strikers instinct and for a big lad goes in like a fanny.He has no positional awareness all summed up last night by ASM’s cross into a perfect position and yet again he was behind the ball.What he did V Sheffield U was perfect, then reverts to type and drops too deep again last night, sorry but I thought he may come back fired up, he hasn’t , he’s very very average.

He did revert to type last night unfortunately. I don’t think his hold-up play was very good either, he barely won a header or threaten to challenge for it.

He’s got something though, it peeks through every now and again. I think it’s probably beyond doubt that he wasn’t worth £40m but if you can forget the price tag and consider his age there could* still be a player there.

He has no exceptional feature of his game to allow him to succeed as a number 9.  He doesn't have great strength, pace, intelligence, skill, movement or timing of runs. 

He's not a number 9 is he? That's one of the issues.

Guest godzilla

He's not a number 9 is he? That's one of the issues.

Let's be honest, what actually is he? I've seen virtually nothing to suggest he's anything but a very average (at best) player. Even when he is running with the ball his coordination is non existent. 

taking the "he's not a number 9" thing aside, which i agree with actually, i thought the difference with carroll's first touch was incredibly jarring yesterday...he was killing the ball stone dead surrounded by defenders, with big joe the ball invariably flies off a few feet in one direction from his first touch

He's tall, so Bruce thinks that he's a targetman forward, but his skillset seems to be more of a number 10 / advanced midfielder.

He just doesn't have the poacher instinct. For example, he was unable to anticipate the ASM cross in the first half. Not even close to the ball and would have been a tap in.

I haven't written him off yet, personally.

Sorry but take away the price tag and he’s just crap, thick or just plain stupid.

He never plays on the shoulder , hides from the ball, can’t shoot, has no strikers instinct and for a big lad goes in like a fanny.He has no positional awareness all summed up last night by ASM’s cross into a perfect position and yet again he was behind the ball.What he did V Sheffield U was perfect, then reverts to type and drops too deep again last night, sorry but I thought he may come back fired up, he hasn’t , he’s very very average.

While I agree about the lack of natural striker instinct to get in the box, that cross by ASM was travelling across the box like an exocet, don't think many strikers would have got on the end of that. Not sure you can call it a perfect cross just because Robbie Savage said so.

taking the "he's not a number 9" thing aside, which i agree with actually, i thought the difference with carroll's first touch was incredibly jarring yesterday...he was killing the ball stone dead surrounded by defenders, with big joe the ball invariably flies off a few feet in one direction from his first touch

Yep, thought this as well - suddenly thinking "Ah, this is what hold up play looks like".

Time for Andy to be a senior player and show Joe how to be a footballer, especially now he's got that new contract :lol:

Would like to see him in a more supportive role under a proper manager.

I'd like to see him earn that chance. You know, by showing...something.

He'd be out the door as soon as possible in reality.