Joelinton

Stifler

Why do people speak so highly of him, surely they must see something in training that we don't.

Being a good Pro doesn't make you a good footballer.

What are you expecting Bruce to say?

"I'm pleased for Him" would do like, no need for all the other fluff.

Hahaha. Round the bend you.

Why do people speak so highly of him, surely they must see something in training that we don't.

Being a good Pro doesn't make you a good footballer.

What are you expecting Bruce to say?

"I'm pleased for Him" would do like, no need for all the other fluff.

Hahaha. Round the bend you.

You're the Judge I'll trust your opinion.

Still no idea what his position would be, but he's definitely not the centre forward we signed him to be.

Forward in a two upfront playing a supporting role.

Strange that he's not been used in that system, but we don't really have anyone for him to play off other than Carroll who is an unreliable crock.

i mean bruce's more "attacking" formation is only going to help joelinton but we all knew this, he's been too isolated for too long over the season and having ASM/Almiron buzzing around him and transitioning the ball the way the do means he'll be free to make more of those central runs going forward

he still does some of the most outrageous shit i've seen when in front of goal but imo def worth keeping around post takeover and post bruce to see if anything could be made of him

Still no idea what his position would be, but he's definitely not the centre forward we signed him to be.

Strange that he's not been used in that system, but we don't really have anyone for him to play off other than Carroll who is an unreliable crock.

Out of what we've got, i'd has put ASM alongside him, but like you say, we haven't got anything really to go with. Him and Rondon would have been canny.

Out of what we've got, i'd has put ASM alongside him, but like you say, we haven't got anything really to go with. Him and Rondon would have been canny.

Definitely agree on Rondon.

I like him tbh. Not worth 40 mil but that’s not his fault. Been played out of position but not his fault either. There must be a player in there somewhere, has a decent first touch and with the size of him you would imagine some decent physical attributes.

Joe's scored one since quarantine, he just can't get enough, he just can't get enough...

He's been stuck in a hotel by himself for months as well apparently. He just can't get it up.

I assume it was the Joelinton Travel Tavern he was staying at?

Joe's scored one since quarantine, he just can't get enough, he just can't get enough...

He's been stuck in a hotel by himself for months as well apparently. He just can't get it up.

I assume it was the Joelinton Travel Tavern he was staying at?

Bruce will make one too many mistakes. Lee Charnley will see what Joelinton always knew and he'll go in there and they go "yeah right, Bruce's pissed off him and pissed off him. Bruce isn't the manager that he thinks he is, OK.. They'll drag him out by his hair and that's when the begging starts. And they go to Joeltinon will you please come back cos you're the best man for the job"

For his goal - he laid the ball off, turned and busted his gut to get on the end of the return pass.

Has he ever done that in a Toon shirt before?

Not really no, but then how often has there been someone in his near vicinity to even lay it off to, who was then in a position to get it back to him? Not often at all.

It was just so evident that he is far more noticeable and involved throughout the game with this change in system, and it just means he should then play with more effort and desire as he is actually a part of what's going on.

Guest Carrick18

For his goal - he laid the ball off, turned and busted his gut to get on the end of the return pass.

Has he ever done that in a Toon shirt before?

Not really. He looked sharp though. It was interesting to see. Maybe the isolation, sans family and friends, has sharpened his focus.

Remember before we signed him looking at the YouTube videos. The phrase “the new Firmino” was used several times.

Absolute nonsense.

I can’t tell what sort of player he is or wants to be.

He was more direct today but you don’t just suddenly decide you’re going to start playing like a no.9!

In any case, hopefully some new confidence will bring more goals before the season is over.

I'd have hauled him off at HT, but he's won the game for us there through the sending off. I don't like our players using the dark arts, we're not a team that usually gets decisions and the memories of Mitro's shit attempts are too raw, but Joelinton's done a number on the guy there. The first booking was for absolutely nothing. His manager must be fuming.

In fairness to Joelinton, we are bottom in the league for shots inside the 6-yard box and about the same for shots inside the box. He's been feeding off very little all season. ASM has looked great, but had he done what he's done twenty-thirty yards higher up the pitch, he'd be find of the season and we'd be hearing constant rumours of big bids for him from the top clubs. Ours is not a system that flatters attacking players.

It is like he has a magnet pulling him to the left wing. I guess it frees up bit of space for miggy but we need someone else through the middle and in the middle. He was ok today and that is probably the most I have celebrated a goal since miggys first. Hope he kicks on from here. He is the best we have. Doesnt say much but he is.