Joelinton

Stifler

10 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Some of the comments on here, unbelievable.  Any drinking, no matter how little, then driving is indefensible.

Agreed, people don’t realise a car is a dangerous weapon and to defend it is silly.

39 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Blew 43. The limit is 35 and the threshold for being charged is 40.

Source? If that's correct I doubt it'll be more than a 12 month ban and an enormous fine (they means test the fines now).

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

In all seriousness it's shit craic but he'll hopefully learn from it, some of the histrionics are bit...  [emoji38]

He has history for shit craic so let’s see if he learns 

He'll get booed at the next home game no doubt - what an absolute idiot. Someone in his position - you just cant take the chance. Nobody can.

Theres probably an internal disciplinary process for when the police become involved too.

I know ive joked about a maiming bonus in his matches but fucking hell...

Just now, Lazarus said:

He'll get booed at the next home game no doubt - what an absolute idiot. Someone in his position - you just cant take the chance. Nobody can.

Theres probably an internal disciplinary process for when the police become involved too.

I know ive joked about a maiming bonus in his matches but fucking hell...

I'd be surprised if he gets booed

The more I think about it the more I hope he gets suspended for 1 game at least 

Think he’s the type to hold his hands up and realise he’s made a big mistake. Don’t really want to see him serve a club-enforced ban given he’s my favourite player and we’re on an amazing run of form. Not sure what the best thing for the club to do is 

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

As a bit of a comparison, Acuna was given a 2 year ban and a fine but that was 20 years ago. No idea how that compares to today. Acuna was twice the limit too. And dressed as Captain Hook.

imagine that’s where he’ll land

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Obviously a stupid fucking thing to do. Driving ban heading his way.

Not sure whether he should really be dropped though? Fined perhaps for bringing the club into disrepute, but dropped?

Yeah I agree with this, probably a years ban and canny big fine from club. 

Think you have to show some sort of internal discipline on the outside. Fine, plus perhaps dropping him.

Howe will offer him support internally though.

Slap his wrist, make a show of it and move on.

I get the feeling Howe will see him as more than just a footballer, he's a role model and loads of kids (adults too) look up to him and adore him (didn't someone get a tattoo of him?)

He's put Howe in a real shit situation, I do feel one match suspension should happen

Y'all realize you're all shitting your pants over this because you've been educated to believe that drink driving is this morally reprehensible thing that is reserved for only those of exceptionally low morale fiber. Not everyone has been brought up being told that having a few beers and then driving is tantamount to diddling kids. So perhaps take a step back and understand that maybe Big Jo doesn't deserve to be flogged for this, especially given it's his first offence of this type (to my knowledge...). Educate him, make sure he understands the seriousness of it, and if he does it again then you can cut his dick off or whatever else is deemed appropriate.