Joelinton

Stifler

Unless he’s broken club rules he can’t be getting disciplined by the club. The club should guide him and perhaps get him to do a bit for the Newcastle Foundation.

Let the Court deliver the legal punishment and learn from it. 

As for booing him, give your head a shake, he’s human, he’s made a really stupid decision.

1 hour ago, Gawalls said:

You seriously saying the law is too blame for joelington breaking a law that existed well before he did it?

To quote jack white - you can’t take the effect and make it the cause

That’s absolutely not what I’m saying, no. 

if you read the rest of the thread then you will see it was a reply to a conversation that has nothing to do with Joelinton. 

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Unless he’s broken club rules he can’t be getting disciplined by the club.

I’m pretty sure that a court appearance will come under bringing the club into disrepute, which I’m also pretty sure will be deemed a disciplinary ’offence’ by the club. 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

I’m pretty sure that a court appearance will come under bringing the club into disrepute, which I’m also pretty sure will be deemed a disciplinary ’offence’ by the club. 

Unless he was representing the club I can’t see how he’s bringing the club into disrepute. 

We’ve got owners who have an absolutely shocking human rights record and Joelinton is getting hammered on here for a stupid decision thank thankfully didn’t harm anyone. 

A bit perspective is needed and yes, I know I’ve used a really crass comparison.

Edited by Tsunami

11 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Unless he was representing the club I can’t see how he’s bringing the club into disrepute. 

Because of the popularity of football and the players, Joelinton and all other employees represent the club 24/7, and their actions are constantly being scrutinised by fans, media etc etc. His name is associated with NUFC. He’s not known as Joelinton, but Joelinton the NUFC player. The club has been dragged into this by his actions whether you agree that he represented them at the time of the alleged offence or not. 

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Because of the popularity of football and the players, Joelinton and all other employees represent the club 24/7, and their actions are constantly being scrutinised by fans, media etc etc. His name is associated with NUFC. He’s not known as Joelinton, but Joelinton the NUFC player. The club has been dragged into this by his actions whether you agree that he represented them at the time of the alleged offence or not. 

Might also be some implications if he gets a criminal record. Can he still go to Saudi for warm weather training/camps. Pretty sure this will mean he can’t do USA tours for the club now.

I wonder what the Saudis will think of the drinking element, pretty sure that’s something they frown upon. 

Stupid and reckless. He should be (and almost certainly will be) punished by the club on top of whatever legal punishments he gets assuming he's found guilty.

Purely from a club point of view, it's not something you can tolerate or be seen to tolerate, and for sure it's blot on his copybook.

Very surprising for a player who I'm totally invested in as a potential legend here.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

The US is fine with felonies. Canada and Mexico not so much. 

An individual who has been arrested (much less charged/convicted) would have (is advised to by the US authorities) to apply for a visa as opposed to getting a standard visa waiver via ESTA. It may be that any visa application could be denied, although that’s usually for serious or imprisonable offences which I’m not sure Joelintons will be classed as.

9 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

No excuses, absolute idiot move, wonder if he was bladdered or just a bit over, either way he's been an absolute tit but he's a young man and hopefully learns from it.

Would imagine he will receive a fine and wouldnt be surprised if he's not in the squad for Sunday.

Apparently blew a 43. 

35 is the legal limit but they only charge you at 40. Think they say 4 units (2 pints or so) takes you to the limit. 

Edited by Hhtoon

Some of you really are some odd balls. 

Boo him? Ban him for 6 months? Have any of you ever made a mistake? Have you no more info than news story? He was charged, he was not convicted. Thankfully nobody is hurt. Thankfully he isn't hurt. 

He will be dealt with by law and the club. 

He's a human being who's done a fuck load of good for the club and the city, but hey let's jsut make shit memes and songs and jokes about him.

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Not the 1st time hes been in trouble up here to be fair.

And for those defending him - Im sure you wouldnt want a half cut dentist/doctor/pilot to be anywhere near you.

Not seen many defending him like, the baseline seems to be that he's a total fucking moron.

The problem is that saying anything like, we don't know how he'll be punished because we don't know the severity of his actions or some cultures aren't as hot on drink driving are seized on as apparent justifications.

I'm sure he'll be punished both by the law and the club accordingly.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Some of you really are some odd balls. 

Boo him? Ban him for 6 months? Have any of you ever made a mistake? Have you no more info than news story? He was charged, he was not convicted. Thankfully nobody is hurt. Thankfully he isn't hurt. 

He will be dealt with by law and the club. 

He's a human being who's done a fuck load of good for the club and the city, but hey let's jsut make shit memes and songs and jokes about him.

I'm about here, tbf. 

He'll be dealt with.

Hopefully genuinely remorseful 

Eat shit and move on