Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Imagine selling ASM with Almiron, Murphy and Fraser as back up. It would be insanity.

I would have thought the only reason to sell ASM would be to bring in a really high quality wide man who would fit the system better, presumably the likes of Gordon or Harrison.

35 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

BIG NO. And no.

There's not an argument to have Gordon over ASM

Well he's supposedly one of our targets, as is Harrison, so it appears there is an argument.

I think both ASM and Wilson limit our transfer strategy to a certain extent, not that it's their fault or there's anything we can do.

Both have to play, both have question marks over them, both probably need to be upgraded in the medium term. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I don’t know if it’s the Ashley-era or what but the season starts in a week and there’s always someone suggesting we sell our best winger. Would rather just sign one.

Just now, Pata said:

I don’t know if it’s the Ashley-era or what but the season starts in a week and there’s always someone suggesting we sell our best winger. Would rather just sign one.

I'd love for him to be replaced on the pitch, but I certainly wouldn't advocate selling him. We need a squad.

The minute we get a better attacking kid or another top winger I think we’ll see a far better version of maxi. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who goes into full maxi mode in preseason 

19 hours ago, Shearergol said:

I'd love for him to be replaced on the pitch, but I certainly wouldn't advocate selling him. We need a squad.

I’d sell if it meant we were signing Harrison and Barnes

21 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

I still get the feeling we will sell him 

All of the players we are linked with seem to play on the left 

Personally I would like to see him stay and get to play with better players but have a nagging feeling he isn’t a (Howe) player 

We won't sell him.

19 hours ago, Pata said:

Best winger? We’ve only got one

5 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

We won't sell him.

That's because there's been no offers for him, and it's more than likely the rumours of Spurs or Chelsea interest are probably horseshit.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

That's because there's been no offers for him, and it's more than likely the rumours of Spurs or Chelsea interest are probably horseshit.

Don't think we'd sell even with a good offer, we're clearly struggling to get players in why would we make things harder for ourselves to get a replacement for Maxi as well. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the usual agent led rumours to perhaps try and get an improved contract or to simply just get people talking about him and his name in the papers.

3 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

Don't think we'd sell even with a good offer, we're clearly struggling to get players in why would we make things harder for ourselves to get a replacement for Maxi as well. 

Just a hunch, and it might be wrong, but if we could sell Maxi for the same sort of money it would take to get someone like Harrison in, I think we would do it.

Just now, TRon said:

Just a hunch, and it might be wrong, but if we could sell Maxi for the same sort of money it would take to get someone like Harrison in, I think we would do it.

That would be rubbish, sell a winger and replace him with a worse one leaving us still needing one.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Personally can't wait to see him with better players around him and longer under Howes coaching, think he'll have a great season.

2 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

That would be rubbish, sell a winger and replace him with a worse one leaving us still needing one.

Makes you wonder why we have shown any interest in Harrison then? I was thinking maybe Howe doesn't think he's worse?

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Personally can't wait to see him with better players around him and longer under Howes coaching, think he'll have a great season.

Honestly would love that to be the case, but I don't think he's ever going to be a team player, it goes against every instinct in his body. Even when he tries to look like he's following instruction, he still waits until the last possible moment to release the ball, and by then the opportunity has gone. It's just not how he wantst to play the game.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Makes you wonder why we have shown any interest in Harrison then? I was thinking maybe Howe doesn't think he's worse?

He might not, and I would be satisfied with Harrison but why sell ASM? We don't need to, I agree in the future if he doesn't improve his output he should be replaced but we're desperate for wingers so selling our best one would be madness imo.

32 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

What's he on £100k? So we'd have that as a starting point to offer a salary. Add £50k to that and we're flying. Right now, £50k gets us another Ryan Fraser.

32 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Talk of selling your best players is ludicrous. 

Hard to believe there's such imbeciles on here, literally makes me think of Mackem wums!

Ultimately it will be a Howe and co. judgement call. I don’t think it is ridiculous to talk about. The only way, at least I hope the only way, it would happen is if it opened up opportunities to sign two more ‘Howe’ type wingers. Or a top drawer replacement/clear improvement. All teams shuffle the deck, particularly with a relatively new manager who didn’t buy the majority of the squad. This sometimes might mean discarding a fan favourite or two.

Edited by Coffee_Johnny