Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 minute ago, xLiaaamx said:

This is pointless. If you just take end output then out of Ginola, Robert, HBA and ASM you'd conclude Robert was by far the best, my guts telling me he was the least talented out of those 4 however. 

I'd 100% take Robert over Ben Arfa as well he would be my last pick from those 4.

Just now, xLiaaamx said:

This is pointless. If you just take end output then out of Ginola, Robert, HBA and ASM you'd conclude Robert was by far the best, my guts telling me he was the least talented out of those 4 however. 

Robert's end product was insane from what I can recall. He didn't dribble as much, was a bit more direct, but his left foot was a wand, could cross the ball with real whip, and had a rocket left foot on the shot.

Just now, TRon said:

Robert's end product was insane from what I can recall. He didn't dribble as much, was a bit more direct, but his left foot was a wand, could cross the ball with real whip, and had a rocket left foot on the shot.

Just go back and watch his two screamers against Spurs, immense on his day. 

Robert guaranteed double figures in goals and his free kick ability meant teams were shit scared to foul Shearer and give him that opportunity. Plus he was ace at picking out players with crosses and through balls. Shame about those briefs though.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Easy to forget just how productive HBA was at his best, that too in a Pardew side.

If Hughton stays on instead of that idiot coming in Ben Arfa would have gone on to become a massive player at Newcastle. Hughton would have accommodated him, and not been trying to turn him into a right back like that moron.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

If Hughton stays on instead of that idiot coming in Ben Arfa would have gone on to become a massive player at Newcastle. Hughton would have accommodated him, and not been trying to turn him into a right back like that moron.

Said it on here before, but the one thing I really loved about Ben Arfa was how strong he was on the ball for such a slight fellow. I see a bit of that in Bruno, how he just keeps players off the ball using bodyweight and leverage. Just massively underappreciated due to PFM culture around the club at the time.

Just now, ManDoon said:

I just don’t get why our current player being really good suddenly means our other players were not. Very odd. 

Why didn't PSG keep him then If he was that good? And I didn't bring him up, the constant wankathon over him on here just bemuses me.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Fucking tedious this like 

I agree it is ... but I just can't let people dismiss Ben Arfa the way some do on here man. That man was a killer.

I find the comparison to ASM a bit embarrassing to be honest, and I like ASM, but just ... no.

Just now, ManDoon said:

Why didn’t Chelsea keep KDB if he was so good? Or Salah. Why didn’t Nice keep ASM if he was so good? 

Doesn't really work though does it they all went on to have good careers Ben Afra hasn't got himself back out of a poor French league. So the Messi comparisons are lost on me sorry.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Why didn’t Chelsea keep KDB if he was so good? Or Salah. Why didn’t Nice keep ASM if he was so good? 

Exactly towards the end Vieira was refusing to play ASM.

The same way Pardew ended up refusing to play Ben Arfa here.

All so circumstantial. Ben Arfa under someone like Keegan or a Harry Redknapp man, would have been so impossibly special.

"For some reason". Very diplomatic of you, Doon, well played.

Can we get back to talking about how fucking mint Maxi was last night? Looked a yard quicker, was making better decisions, and the prospect of him and Bruno together on the pitch for longer than six minutes is wank-tastic.

31 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why does it always have to be like this? :lol: I just want to enjoy ASM for who he is without feeling coerced into talking about why he's not the same as one of my all time favourite Newcastle players.

Man in pub/YouTube comments level debate. Tedious shit I agree.

14 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

"For some reason". Very diplomatic of you, Doon, well played.

Can we get back to talking about how fucking mint Maxi was last night? Looked a yard quicker, was making better decisions, and the prospect of him and Bruno together on the pitch for longer than six minutes is wank-tastic.

There was something epic about how Bruno came on, immediately won the ball and proceeded to thread it through to ASM, that was almost prophetic. A certain sign of things to come for sure :thup:

8 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Loved the way Bruno won the ball and his immediate first thought is to spring forward, such a good indicator of his general ability, mentality and confidence.

Aye, him looking to instinctively move the ball forward and play into space should hopefully set the tone for our forward players to make the right kinds of runs going forward. 

Always said a good pass is only as good as the run made. 

Sensational second half. He’s can be unplayable when shows he can go outside, get to the byline and put in crosses as well as his stock move of cutting inside and slaloming through the defence. So much harder to defend.

It felt to me like he was the key part of the team attacking and not just a match winner having to do it all himself in sporadic moments.