Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’m sure this isn’t the first time he’s done this either. 

That’s mental that, probably a Hoppings Watch mind [emoji38]

I don't know if the aspect of that video is all skewed, but the bloke recieving the watch looked like that mad bloke from weird science for a second!

Nice gesture from maxi, he's a firm fan favourite if not frustrating at times [emoji38]. That said, he was class yesterday!

Just now, Zero said:

Much better than last season, keep it up

On a par with his performance Vs Everton, but more team focussed. Keeping it up is the aim. I think he needs to be happy in himself, and he should be delighted with his contribution yesterday.

He played a blinder yesterday, not because he was brilliant, but because he did the hard work first that entitled him to go a bit more maverick later on.

If he keeps up that attitude he'll have a great season.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

He was definitely less greedy in the final third!

Noticed all pre season that he is linking up more and more 

If we solve the RW properly (that’s nothing against Miggy btw) and ASM really starts to mature then we will be lethal 

I was worried he would get over coached into passing. I don't want to lose that gung ho dribbling too much. It's all about picking the right moments. He had Williams on toast.

Just now, STM said:

I was worried he would get over coached into passing. I don't want to lose that gung ho dribbling too much. It's all about picking the right moments. He had Williams on toast.

In a nutshell - pick your moments - he has incredible ability - if it’s harnessed then my word 

Just him cutting inside taking a couple of defenders tracking him out of play can open a lot of space up, we saw it against Bilbao for the goal, and he was doing it yesterday.

It's exciting watching him repeatedly rince a fullback but he absolutely needs (needed) neutering like.

He'll still get opportunities to score the odd wondergoal.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

4 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Wish he'd go the byline a bit more

Yeah, needs to keep his FB guessing, but I feel he did that yesterday.

But let's just pause a minute, and celebrate his most valuable contribution of the game, a simple little pass for Joelinton to assist our second goal.  End product.

Edited by Happinesstan

12 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Thing is, if he just spends the first 45 mins playing the team game, everybody will be less frustrated if his individual attempts fail. In fact, you find yourself longing for him to do something. Keeps everybody happy. 

Linking up more will only open up more space for him to take players on, because the other team will feel more hesitant to just close him down with multiple players like they often did last season, as it will free up too much space for other runners.

He's getting a much better understanding of that now, and both he and the team will start to benefit big time.

Should really have squared it to Wilson but understand why he shot, Wilson was rightly raging

Though it was nice to see at the end of the game Wilson and ASM laughing and joking, though reckon Wilson was again telling him he should have passed

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Should really have squared it to Wilson but understand why he shot, Wilson was rightly raging

Though it was nice to see at the end of the game Wilson and ASM laughing and joking, though reckon Wilson was again telling him he should have passed

Yeah, but it's like I was saying, he had earned the entitlement to have a crack from there. Wrong decision but wholly forgivable.

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Just because it was you I’ve found it 

There's a time and place for everything. It's shitty parenting.

Tell your little girl that it's not the right time, and he likely wants some time to himself and a rest after a 90 mins match. Instead he's gone hunting the man down in the train and being a nuisance.

No matter what these players do it will never be enough. My God.