Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

13 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

the double hands on hips from Isak and Fabianski may well be my favourite single moment from last season

That or Murphy massive smile after his 2nd V Spurs on the screen over the Spurs fans, Big Brotherish (Orwell's, not CH4's) 

This whole case appears grim from the outside. I’m not going to comment much as I haven’t followed all the proceedings etc but there’s a known extremely high bar for rape / sexual assault convictions. It’s hard not speculate but you can imagine that there was a willingness and consent to some degree and then things got a lot more messy once they were inside his house. Whole thing is unsettling

They're all at it

Trippier; Grealish the lot

Sometimes I don't know why the fuck I'm so obsessed with a bunch of highly paid fuckers who are detached from anything in the real world

I don’t really see the problem like. I’m all for penalising rape hard, but Mendy has been tried twice now and cleared both times. Top level football being a small community, why can’t fellow pros, friends in some cases, be supportive of each other when some very serious allegations that ruined the career of one of their own have been judged to be tenuous at best? Juries don’t clear rape suspects lightly, so with that in mind why is everybody going on like fellow players are supporting a convicted rapist?

Edited by Unbelievable

7 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

He's entitled to be treated as innocent, so fair enough but juries clear rape suspects lightly all the time

Any evidence for that? I’d imagine rape being quite a heinous crime the bar for conviction must be quite small if jury members have severe doubts. It also often leaves strong physical evidence I suspect. Stand to be corrected though.

Edit: I was intrigued so decided to google it. Looks like the conviction rate is actually very high comparatively speaking, much as I suspected. Source for those interested: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2023/feb/juries-convict-defendants-rape-more-often-acquit

Edited by Unbelievable

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Any evidence for that? I’d imagine rape being quite a heinous crime the bar for conviction must be quite small if jury members have severe doubts. It also often leaves strong physical evidence I suspect. Stand to be corrected though.

Having a quick google for evidence you may have a point, jury convictions for rape have gone up from what i thought, it's getting to trial is the (severe) problem, so I have to acknowlege i was basing on haunting anecdotal testomony of court reporter talking about rape trials. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

F1AdCz3WIAMHe03.jpeg

What data is that based on, i.e. who decided how many of the non-reported cases were false. I mean, how could one even know if they were unreported? It’s easy to create a graph that looks scientific, but that looks like pure guesswork.