Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There's also buying into how Howe wants to play and being physically capable of that. I know he tried but I don't think he'll enjoy it. Get himself to Saudi or someone like Palace where he can do what Zaha does.

Ironically another player who leans on his goals and assists. ASM absolutely buys into Howe's tactics imo, it's self-evident. His injuries (and potentially his likeability according to some ITKs on here) are the only factors that mean I'd reluctantly let him go, not going to lie and say I think Barnes would be a big or exciting upgrade though.

Edited by Kid Icarus

If we're to sell him to a Saudi team whats to stop them giving us something stupid like £80m for him? Easy way for them to move money into us and allow us to spend more this window. 

Just now, Manxst said:

No rules regarding value of transfers at all.  Fair market value only corresponds to sponsorship by related parties I think? 

Yeah but the whole PL would be on the phone to Masters if we sold Krafth for 90m

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yeah but the whole PL would be on the phone to Masters if we sold Krafth for 90m

Man City fucked with their finances with dodgy sponsorship deals. Chelsea fucked about with 8 year contracts. If we can get away with it why not do it? PL teams can cry all they want but teams bend the rules time and time again and get away with it. 

Just now, Geordie Ahmed said:

Fabinho being dogshit all season doesn't scream £40m but here we are 

Agree, but hes got a bigger name. Won the PL and the CL. Got loads of international games for Brazil.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Agree, but hes got a bigger name. Won the PL and the CL. Got loads of international games for Brazil.

You are arguing about a rule that doesn’t even exist man 

15 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Difficult to determine that when it comes to something like transfers 

Realistically we'd struggle to get much more than £30m from any team outside of Saudi so best just take the money and keep quiet.

11 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

But if any team gave us 90m for Krafth, it’d have to have come from a related party surely, and be investigated under something else. It’s totally unrealistic. 50m for ASM isn’t. 

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

But if any team gave us 90m for Krafth, it’d have to have come from a related party surely, and be investigated under something else. It’s totally unrealistic. 50m for ASM isn’t. 

How much did Arsenal pay for Pepe ?

I want him to stay. I'm not basing that on data, or pragmatic well reasoned arguments though. He can dribble and skin people, and that's exciting to watch [emoji38].

Regardless of whether his departure and subsequent replacement would strengthen or weaken the team, I'll be disappointed if a mazy dribbling maverick leaves our squad.

I know that's not the ruthless attitude we need to win, but I'm not the manager so who cares :lol:

4 minutes ago, Manxst said:

we arent talking about 50, ut 80

26 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Didnt say it was a rule. 

You mentioned ‘fair market value’ which isn’t a thing for transfers :lol: and you mentioned all the clubs being on the phone to masters as if masters could do anything about it :lol: 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

You mentioned ‘fair market value’ which isn’t a thing for transfers :lol: and you mentioned all the clubs being on the phone to masters as if masters could do anything about it :lol: 

You dont think there would be trouble if our players were going for 80m each to the Saudi League?

2 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Barnes has been slated by Leicester fans for being lazy so not sure he naturally buys into the way Howe wants to play

I'd be gutted if Maxi goes but there seems to be a lot of noise about it I do feel it's almost inevitable 

I hear this argument a lot. 

It's very easy to pontificate about players being lazy or unmotivated (we had our fair share in that category under Ashley), but I also think it's worth considering that individuals need to feel challenged. It's why so many players take about a fresh start. It's a new set of teammates, new city, and it allows you to shake off some of the baggage you might have been carrying. 

I'd like to believe Eddie Howe will have done his background checks on Barnes.