Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

If he's still got long term effects he shouldn't be leaving the country to spend Christmas with his family

Something doesn't add up

Could be just sheer lack of professionalism from the club. Charnley's got enough on his plate taking mail to the post office and getting sandwiches for club staff, might easily have slipped his mind to give clear instructions to players on isolation procedures.

Wasn't ASM brought as a favour? I'm sure i remember reading that rumour in the summer? If so it wouldn't surprise me if the "beef" is a cover up and he was/always was going to be sold in this window to give cabbage money in the window

Wasn't ASM brought as a favour? I'm sure i remember reading that rumour in the summer? If so it wouldn't surprise me if the "beef" is a cover up and he was/always was going to be sold in this window to give cabbage money in the window

Wasn’t it that Joelinton was bought as a favour to bring in Maxi?

Guest neesy111

What the hell are you on about? The only favour I think I've seen talked about is that ASM friend who has never featured. His mate from back home i think it was.

Joelinton and ASM share the same agent.  He's talking about favours regarding these dealings.

The fact we brought in his bezzie mate who can't actually play football suggests everything is totes rosy. Wonder if Bruce is still "having a look at him." Such an insincere, disingenuous club.

I would add insecure. Ever since Ashley bought us we’ve never truely believed in ourselves which is partly why we’ve always been doing this type of s*** which agents.

The fact we brought in his bezzie mate who can't actually play football suggests everything is totes rosy. Wonder if Bruce is still "having a look at him." Such an insincere, disingenuous club.

I would add insecure. Ever since Ashley bought us we’ve never truely believed in ourselves which is partly why we’ve always been doing this type of s*** which agents.

I don't think insecurity would have been behind us paying £40m for Joelinton out of nowhere. Someone is probably making a nice little stash out of that one in the small print.

• 2 weeks later...

So Medium-term covid then? Assume he's good to go pretty soon and definitely definitely hasn't fallen out with anyone and definitely hasn't been sorting out a move for this window or next. Definitely 

He's our best player. But his fitness was a little suspect even at the best of times.

If it's true then we might get the odd 10 mins out of him. If he has any lung damage like some cases you hear of then his career is fucked. Most likely the covid excuse was bollocks however.