Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

He’s my favourite player since HBA.

Sadly I can see him wanting out this summer unless he’s thrown a load more coin. I know he signed a new contract recently, but we’ve been a different team with him in it.

He’s Brewcie’s Zaha.

As soon as he gets the ball you can see the opposition shitting themselves, regardless of what he actually does with it.

Such a huge asset to have.

I laughed out loud at one point in the first half at the West Ham players sprinting back to their goal when he got the ball near the half way line.

https://theathletic.com/2526094/2021/04/18/have-newcastle-united-solved-the-allan-saint-maximin-conundrum/

First comment:

Here's a thought: If you could get Murphy to contribute just a bit more in attack he's a better bet than ASM. The caveat is that is over the course of a season. Murphy defends better and is fit a lot longer.

So sell ASM and get another couple of Murphys and we'd be sweet.

Of course preferably those other Murphys don't take 3+ years to get up to speed...

On 17/04/2021 at 16:37, toon25 said:

He’s my favourite player since HBA.

Sadly I can see him wanting out this summer unless he’s thrown a load more coin. I know he signed a new contract recently, but we’ve been a different team with him in it.

He’s Brewcie’s Zaha.

Excellent comparison

23 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

It's minging feeling like every time he goes down there's the chance he'll have to be taken off.

He gets the Adama Traore treatment of the opposition struggling to stop him so they do everything they can to foul him

Edited by joeyt

Guest HTT II
Just now, joeyt said:

How is he a bit of a fanny

Goes down at the slightest of contact and seems to take an age to just get up, nowt wrong with several of the challenges he received today and at one point when he didn’t win the foul, but went down, he sort of just gave up. Realise you’re a marked man, learn to live with it/deal with it and just get on with things because Allan, you’ve world-class potential!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, joeyt said:

He gets kicked all game, most of the tackles are designed to completely take him out.

Yet he keeps trying to get the ball and dribble past players.  He's not a fanny at all

I disagree, I think he makes the most of his fouls and takes an age to get back up. Half the fouls are little nudges and knicks not total wipe outs, compare and contrast to Ronaldo pre Real Madrid or Ginola when he first joined us, I think he’s a massive fanny but a tremendous footballer who under the right coach and in the right team would develop into a truly special, world-class player. He protects the ball so well, is so strong with it at his feet when running and that change of pace and that change of turn... he’s brilliant in short, but a far way off being what he could be. He’s very frustrating IMO.