Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Not there yet tactically obviously but hopefully we'll see some improvement in the next few weeks as the team gels.  It's a fixture you could realistically expect to lose / draw but the complete absence of any threat to their goal was troubling.  If you're not scoring because you're missing chances it's one thing, not scoring because you're not making the chances in the first place is another.

Tough first 10 games, let's see how we get on in the next few weeks.

Let’s not forget last season we won 1 game out of 12 against the top 6. There’s not a lot to suggest the superior tactics of Rafa would have got us the win there. I’m willing to be patient with the new lads, Joelinton & Almiron will need time to work together, and something has to be worked out between Shelvey & Longstaff, as Longstaff was unrecognisable from last year, whereas Shelvey was integral. So if we’re playing 3, it will need to be organised/defined a bit better.

Guest reefatoon

Disappointing day for the Brucelites. They turned up fully supporting the Bruce almighty resolution and it didn’t quite work out. But they did manage to get a glimpse of that magic 5-1-4 formation that guarantees no goals. Beautiful thing.

KaKa[/member] come on man, if you can't see the difference between the beginning of last season where we were solid and well drilled and had a game plan that we stuck to until it became second nature and the results inevitably came in and today's absolute amateur hour then there's no hope for you. I know you like to look for the positives mate but that's really clutching at straws, it's only going to get worse from here don't do it to yourself man :thup:

Not too optimistic for a result against Norwich either, their fans and players will be up for it

They seemed like they have ideas in attack and can pose a threat. Not to mention they will want to put the Liverpool result behind them.

Still struggling to figure out what our plan was today, we weren't compact, we didn't outplay them, we had no plan. The entire team looked blunt and lost.

Let’s not forget last season we won 1 game out of 12 against the top 6. There’s not a lot to suggest the superior tactics of Rafa would have got us the win there. I’m willing to be patient with the new lads, Joelinton & Almiron will need time to work together, and something has to be worked out between Shelvey & Longstaff, as Longstaff was unrecognisable from last year, whereas Shelvey was integral. So if we’re playing 3, it will need to be organised/defined a bit better.

Aye, think we need to go back to the 2 in midfield. Won't score enough and Longstaff looks like he can't play as one of the side players in a 3

Disappointing day for the Brucelites. They turned up fully supporting the Bruce almighty resolution and it didn’t quite work out. But they did manage to get a glimpse of that magic 5-1-4 formation that guarantees no goals. Beautiful thing.

They turned up and sat in almost complete silence.

Can't see arsenal playing this s*** again this season.

They aren't that great tbh, they'll probably lose to a few weak teams this season. Their defence is crap, just we aren't really testing them.

Have you seen how many players they've got injured/unavailable?  This was a great time to play them.

Yeah, think they were lucky as well, that they played us.

Nah, everything should be clicking straight away you know. Just like it did for us at the start of last season.

The season where we played well every single game and never lost.

When Rondon was labelled slow and crap to start and Ki was useless, etc etc etc.

It's all so petty and dishonest man. Just like the owner is. What a disgusting state of affairs everything to do with the club is.

No. Your manager has just told everyone how happy he is, and we've just played the weakest arsenal team anyone will see this season. Anyone watching that knows the man has no clue, and no plan.

I've never criticised you before but you need to open your fucking eyes here like. That was as bad as it gets.

You guys are so dishonest man. It just makes me laugh.

You were all saying the same crap at the start of last season.

Slating new players. Calling the team and the play rubbish. After the first game.

Already you're all hurling abuse at the players that have just joined, who have nothing to do with the manager or owner, and just imagining they are doing far worse than they are. It is so pathetic man.

I swear you lot actually deserve Mike Ashley man. The ones fillign the stadium and the ones that are so nasty all the time about everything. It is disgusting.

Joelinton needs to play with more aggression and needs to get the ball and turn at defenders. Looked leggy tbh. Almiron looked bright. Wish he didn’t go down so easily in first. ASM was decent as well. Could be exciting. The subs were baffling. Ultimately cos for us a point or even a chance at 3. But we were lucky to face a weekend Arsenal side. I can gty that our academy coaches wouldn’t have made those subs man.

They aren't that great tbh, they'll probably lose to a few weak teams this season. Their defence is crap, just we aren't really testing them.

Have you seen how many players they've got injured/unavailable?  This was a great time to play them.

Nah, everything should be clicking straight away you know. Just like it did for us at the start of last season.

When Rondon was labelled slow and crap to start and Ki was useless, etc etc etc.

It's all so petty and dishonest man. Just like the owner is. What a disgusting state of affairs everything to do with the club is.

No. Your manager has just told everyone how happy he is, and we've just played the weakest arsenal team anyone will see this season. Anyone watching that knows the man has no clue, and no plan.

I've never criticised you before but you need to open your fucking eyes here like. That was as bad as it gets.

Slating new players. Calling the team and the play rubbish. After the first game.

Already you're all hurling abuse at the players that have just joined, who have nothing to do with the manager or owner, and just imagining they are doing far worse than they are. It is so pathetic man.

I swear you lot actually deserve Mike Ashley man. The ones fillign the stadium and the ones that are so nasty all the time about everything. It is disgusting.

Having Rafa to turn it round and not Steve fucking Bruce is quite a big difference.

:lol:

username makes sense

Joelinton needs to play with more aggression and needs to get the ball and turn at defenders. Looked leggy tbh. Almiron looked bright. Wish he didn’t go down so easily in first. ASM was decent as well. Could be exciting. The subs were baffling. Ultimately cos for us a point or even a chance at 3. But we were lucky to face a weekend Arsenal side. I can gty that our academy coaches wouldn’t have made those subs man.

If Willems moves for that ball we'd probably be looking at a 0-0 and considering it a decent point.

Tactics can't fix stupid.

Guest neesy111

I'll admit I was wrong about Rondon.

But the rest of the post man. :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

KaKa, you’re having a shocker here to be fair, supporting this shitshow

I am not supporting anything.

I just despise the lies and hyperbole.

It is despicable.

I understand that and I personally don’t blame Willems for that goal. He’s clearly not match fit and shouldn’t have been on in the first place. That substitution was horrendous.

But you have been trying to put a positive spin on Bruce being here in the teeth of overwhelming evidence that he’s not good enough.

Guest reefatoon

Kaka’s usual pretend chirpy post match Wumming doesn’t work anymore when nobody gives a fuck on how the game panned out. You need a new tactic fella.

Not too optimistic for a result against Norwich either, their fans and players will be up for it

They seemed like they have ideas in attack and can pose a threat. Not to mention they will want to put the Liverpool result behind them.

Still struggling to figure out what our plan was today, we weren't compact, we didn't outplay them, we had no plan. The entire team looked blunt and lost.

As if Bruce has a plan :yao:

KaKa[/member] come on man, if you can't see the difference between the beginning of last season where we were solid and well drilled and had a game plan that we stuck to until it became second nature and the results inevitably came in and today's absolute amateur hour then there's no hope for you. I know you like to look for the positives mate but that's really clutching at straws, it's only going to get worse from here don't do it to yourself man :thup:

I genuinely don't care, honestly.

But when people are writing off players as duds 5 mins into their debut, and the likes it is just so bloody stupid.

They're just on here to spew their hate man. Why bother watching then?

This club is so utterly revolting at the minute. Every single thing about it.