Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

You know, I think I'm really beginning to get a better idea and understanding of why the boycott attempts are not garnering more support. If this is the spirit behind it and how you guys are attempting to convince others to get on board.

Just continuous hateful ranting and raving all the damned time man. For goodness sake.

Seems to me that you are on a bit of a rant and rave right now.

He's not wrong though, QM.  Bruce could have a cup of tea and there'd be 7 pages of vitriol saying he should have had a coffee.  It's just way over the top.

Isn't it more that Rafa's setup would have at least given us a chance to gain points? With Bruce, it's absolutely comically predictable.

How can something be predictable when it doesn't precede anything though? After 18 games if the same mistakes that cost us today are happening, then yes, predictable, but after the first game? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Fwiw there was some promising signs in the first half today in our play and a few players in particular caught the eye. I'll choose to not plummet into abject misery just yet.

You're far too sensible. You're completely wasting your time though. They've been waiting all summer for something to go crazy over. Even though they all claim not to care anymore.

You can be such an idiot at times. This is the most relaxed  a fair few of us probably have been about a season. I just find it quite bizarre that some people treat this as some sort of clean slate every season with the "let's just see what happens" mentality. Ashley has steered this club from one catastrophe to the next. Losing Benitez was one such catastrophe, and he just compounded it tenfold by appointing Bruce. Their records speak for themselves.

100% agree  O0, i guess the "let's just see what happens" stuff is all some people can do, it's the reality of continuation i suppose.

For me it's because I'm obviously going to keep supporting Newcastle United and be emotionally invested in it, just as everyone posting in this thread today is one way or another, whether they like it or not. And whilst I'd be far happier with Rafa still here, I'm willing to try and call what I see on the screen as it is and not look at everything purely comparatively through a pre-determined negative lens, as I think it skews what is actually there and is therefore not smart.

I'm sure we'll all be back next week, looking on with at least some level of excitement and interest at what the players can produce.

I don't doubt that, the only thing the excitement and interest is not me right now. I've never felt so flat, depressed and totally down hearted watching us, i have nothing, not looking forward to a game, no warm feeling as a game approaches, weirdly i never felt this bad under Pardew, this is different to that time.

You know, I think I'm really beginning to get a better idea and understanding of why the boycott attempts are not garnering more support. If this is the spirit behind it and how you guys are attempting to convince others to get on board.

Just continuous hateful ranting and raving all the damned time man. For goodness sake.

Yet you are calling people idiots.

Only those that called me an idiot first. Keep it coming. What's next?

Isn't it more that Rafa's setup would have at least given us a chance to gain points? With Bruce, it's absolutely comically predictable.

How can something be predictable when it doesn't precede anything though? After 18 games if the same mistakes that cost us today are happening, then yes, predictable, but after the first game? I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Fwiw there was some promising signs in the first half today in our play and a few players in particular caught the eye. I'll choose to not plummet into abject misery just yet.

You're far too sensible. You're completely wasting your time though. They've been waiting all summer for something to go crazy over. Even though they all claim not to care anymore.

You can be such an idiot at times. This is the most relaxed  a fair few of us probably have been about a season. I just find it quite bizarre that some people treat this as some sort of clean slate every season with the "let's just see what happens" mentality. Ashley has steered this club from one catastrophe to the next. Losing Benitez was one such catastrophe, and he just compounded tenfold it by appointing Bruce. Their records speak for themselves.

Pretending today's game was the worst we've ever seen and it proves all the players signed are terrible is so ridiculous, and going on and on about it in the match thread is tedious and stupid. It is immature and childish and it s completely ruining the forum.

You do not have to do that all the damned time to prove you no longer support the club. If you cannot understand that. You sir, are the idiot.

I never said it's the worse we have ever seen, so I am not sure how I could pretend that it is. I never made any comment about the players. In fact, I didn't comment at all in the match thread during the game. You are clearly confusing me with confused, or just a little butt hurt for being called out as a hypocrite.

I was speaking generally, genius, and have been the whole time. You are the one that interjected yourself into the conversation, and are now claiming I am addressing you specifically. Go away.

Then don't directly quote me. You could have chosen 15 posts to quote around mine. Jesus, man. In your attempt to WUM, the handle has somehow flown off you.

You can be such an idiot at times. This is the most relaxed  a fair few of us probably have been about a season. I just find it quite bizarre that some people treat this as some sort of clean slate every season with the "let's just see what happens" mentality. Ashley has steered this club from one catastrophe to the next. Losing Benitez was one such catastrophe, and he just compounded it tenfold by appointing Bruce. Their records speak for themselves.

100% agree  O0, i guess the "let's just see what happens" stuff is all some people can do, it's the reality of continuation i suppose.

For me it's because I'm obviously going to keep supporting Newcastle United and be emotionally invested in it, just as everyone posting in this thread today is one way or another, whether they like it or not. And whilst I'd be far happier with Rafa still here, I'm willing to try and call what I see on the screen as it is and not look at everything purely comparatively through a pre-determined negative lens, as I think it skews what is actually there and is therefore not smart.

I'm sure we'll all be back next week, looking on with at least some level of excitement and interest at what the players can produce.

tenor.gif

Dude, just go and have a break for half an hour, trust me it works.

He's not wrong though, QM.  Bruce could have a cup of tea and there'd be 7 pages of vitriol saying he should have had a coffee.  It's just way over the top.

I think it would be if it was taken in isolation. Given how everything transpires this summer, I am not so sure that it is over the top.

You can be such an idiot at times. This is the most relaxed  a fair few of us probably have been about a season. I just find it quite bizarre that some people treat this as some sort of clean slate every season with the "let's just see what happens" mentality. Ashley has steered this club from one catastrophe to the next. Losing Benitez was one such catastrophe, and he just compounded tenfold it by appointing Bruce. Their records speak for themselves.

Pretending today's game was the worst we've ever seen and it proves all the players signed are terrible is so ridiculous, and going on and on about it in the match thread is tedious and stupid. It is immature and childish and it s completely ruining the forum.

You do not have to do that all the damned time to prove you no longer support the club. If you cannot understand that. You sir, are the idiot.

You could just as well say that a lot of people are bored of your obsession with putting a positive spin on everything just to stand out. Going on and on about it in every thread is tedious and stupid. It is immature and childish and it's completely ruining the forum.

However, this is a forum where people share opinions, so I won't say it.

Except I don't do that do I?

You guys just lie all the time to suit your narrative man.

It's so terrible.

Joelinton clearly is not a centre-forward, ASM looked like a pauper's Ben Arfa as expected. Team looked lost and - as expected - as soon as we went down, they didn't have a clue, namely because the manager had lost the plot and his mind 50 minutes into the game. This season is gonna be hilarious for the divvies that renewed their tickets.

You're 100% right man. I'm switching off.

I used to love coming on here to just unwind and discuss the football man.

This is just so shit man. Damn.

No, he deserves every bit of shit he gets, he wasn't forced to take the job, and shit on his former club in the process.

The bloke is a tit aswell as a shit manager, fuck him.

I don't doubt that, the only thing the excitement and interest is not me right now. I've never felt so flat, depressed and totally down hearted watching us, i have nothing, not looking forward to a game, no warm feeling as a game approaches, weirdly i never felt this bad under Pardew, this is different to that time.

That's fine, I just think it's a shame that in reading this forum, it comes across like there's only one type, or one approach to being a Newcastle supporter that is correct, and anything that veers away from that is looked upon with a kind of weird manufactured anger. Unless you're being heavily critical of everything NUFC at any given time, then you're bombarded with a frenzy of people telling you how wrong you are. It's a bit silly really.

You could just as well say that a lot of people are bored of your obsession with putting a positive spin on everything just to stand out. Going on and on about it in every thread is tedious and stupid. It is immature and childish and it's completely ruining the forum.

It's so terrible.

You do it all the time, liar.

You're 100% right man. I'm switching off.

I used to love coming on here to just unwind and discuss the football man.

This is just so shit man. Damn.

Don't overreact mate, at the moment you know how it is, this is just what Ashley wants a divided support. Look all the blame is on him, we're just bickering at what the best approach is.

Best talk about football that doesn't involves us to be honest.

I think it would be if it was taken in isolation. Given how everything transpires this summer, I am not so sure that it is over the top.

Howay, negativity is understandable, going on like a 3 year old who wants their toy back isn't.  Kaka's motto describes the outlook of certain posters, 'Everything is bad forvever'.

Poor bench selection by bruce to have so many defenders and not a center midfield sub.

Poor substitutions

Poor managerial performance

I’ll happily judge him by his body of work. And today he cost us a point at minimum.

Can I refer you to post #296.

I mildly suggested that I was sceptical that Joeshinton doesn't look like a £40M footballer and you completely overreacted, 'saying you people are pathetic' and accusing me of writing other players off that I'd never said a bad word about.

Take a look at your own actions before you start having a go at everyone.

No, he deserves every bit of shit he gets, he wasn't forced to take the job, and shit on his former club in the process.

The bloke is a tit aswell as a shit manager, fuck him.

Thought you didn't care?

It's so terrible.

I admire the positivity, and have said as much in the past. I don't, however, think people are lying to suit their narrative. Your reputation for bipolar posts was not created in a vacuum.