Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Lots of questions need to be asked about why players seemingly didn’t know what they were doing. Why subs didn’t know where they were supposed to be. Given we played a front three of Rondon, Perez and Almiron why that’s been changed playing an extra cm if we’re supposed to be sticking with what the players are familiar with.

That’s just from reading twitter updates.

I hope everyone who couldn’t stay away from one game enjoyed that today.

We would have got something playing against an Arsenal side like today last season 100%

The scoreline doesn't reflect how shit this game was and how shit we particularly were

Longstaff looked absolutely nothing as expected today, totally not his usual self. Willems - how can a debutant be this asleep just after coming on, shocking.

Reminded me of Souness when he put on 9 forwards when we were losing........................and we lost by a much bigger margin

:lol:

He basically did the last 5 minute desperation subs at 60mins when we were only 1-0 down  :lol: What a fucking moron.

Hopeless in more than one sense of the word

To the fans who mocked the boycott and the people who wanted better, enjoy the club that you deserve

hear hear

Almiron was our best player till he tired. First half was reasonable but as the game wore on we looked completely out of ideas and overwhelmed by a simple passing game. We're going to have to go 442 with close support for JoeLinton (not up to PL pace yet) or goals are going to be hard to come by. Not sure SB really understood what was going on out there. 

Don't think I've ever seen a top flight manager completely gut his midfield like that thinking it would get his team back into the game like. Even Pardew and McClaren wouldn't have made a decision of that ineptitude.

The fact that we didn't even have a central midfielder on the bench is crackers in itself.

Not writing him off but a bit confused as to why Joelinton cost so much money

I think he played well. To be honest was against 2 centrebacks the whole game and got in to couple of good situations. We lost the controll totally when Jonjo game off for Willems (wtf that was btw)

We had Dummet, Willems, ASM and Ritchie on at the end. And no one on the right wing.

I thought Joelinton's first touch was really quite good for pretty much the entirey, there's clearly potential there as a target man. Didn't look remotely threatening in front of goal but then it is very early days so it's difficult to judge what sort of prowess he really has.

Anyway, glad we spent on him more than double what a better striker would have cost.

Can't see arsenal playing this s*** again this season.

They aren't that great tbh, they'll probably lose to a few weak teams this season. Their defence is crap, just we aren't really testing them.

Have you seen how many players they've got injured/unavailable?  This was a great time to play them.

Yeah, think they were lucky as well, that they played us.

Nah, everything should be clicking straight away you know. Just like it did for us at the start of last season.

The season where we played well every single game and never lost.

When Rondon was labelled slow and crap to start and Ki was useless, etc etc etc.

It's all so petty and dishonest man. Just like the owner is. What a disgusting state of affairs everything to do with the club is.

No. Your manager has just told everyone how happy he is, and we've just played the weakest arsenal team anyone will see this season. Anyone watching that knows the man has no clue, and no plan.

I've never criticised you before but you need to open your fucking eyes here like. That was as bad as it gets.