Newcastle United 0 - 1 Arsenal - 11/08/19 - post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Guest chopey

I dont think we were outclassed because I thought Arsenal were poor (I'm not surprised with the team they put out) but we don't have enough goals to stay in this division.

I dont think we were outclassed because I thought Arsenal were poor (I'm not surprised with the team they put out) but we don't have enough goals to stay in this division.

Outclassed is maybe a bit strong of a word. But I felt that Arsenal were in control and comfortable for almost the entire game.

Guest neesy111

This was my view, I think us with a better manager etc would have won today.  Really think Arsenal were there for the taking today.

Looking at his Twitter profile. Seemingly full on captain Brexit. I can imagine having a Spanish bloke in charge, really riled him up no end.

I was at the Magpie Group meeting at the Irish club on Wednesday. Afterwards I was waiting to talk to the guy who has the Maintain SJP Twitter account. He got stuck talking to this fat old man who looked like he’d been in the bar all day and was somehow only there because the meeting gathered around him. Anyway he was talking to the maintain SJP guy and asking him what’s up with the sex allegations with Beardsley. The guy was so stupid and drunk that he though the guy he was speaking too was someone who would know, and managed to get Beardsley mixed up with the guy who was abusing the kids. He then went on about how it was the ‘coloured’ lad who made all the bother and made up his own tale of events where Beardsley only told them to go over to a different position and the ‘coloured’ lads didn’t like it.

Anyway, but of topic but looking at that guys twitter page, I can picture what a sad old fat bastard he’ll become.

Just remember that i don't agree with myself when i say this, Bruce like any new manager needs time to shape how he wants his team to play.

Shame it's him mind, but on the outside watching in now, all we can do is watch that happen. Should be fun or not.

Is he the shaping the team though considering most of the signings aren't his though?

Oh i know, he'll just have to mould what he's got, i don't like that policy, not that i would want him spending it either though.

I was just saying, all we can do is watch it all unfold, he needs time, the new players need time. The same as if we had been took over and had a new decent manager, just looking at the reality of the situation, not endorsing it like.

Head coach, he needs to coach brilliance into his players and accept players selected by a chairman with no football experience and scouts that have never played at a decent level or coached, they may see talent but it's just FIFA scouting if they don't understand what works in this league

That happens in a lot of leagues though, it's not something i agree with like.

It can work if you have really good scouts and then pick a talented manager. I don't know any other club which actively looks for washed up cretins to be head coach.

Aye it's ridiculous, the most important man at the club has to be the manager, we have Steve Bruce  :lol:

Guest chopey

We don't have a manager thats the problem, we have a head coach that puts subs on with no instructions and plays three ball playing midfielders as DM's leaving our two attackers marked by about six people.

Thought they were decent first half particularly Almiron. As soon as Arsenal stepped it up they were on top and deserved the win. Midfield 2 bar Hayden worth both poor which was then compounded after the subs. Never looked like scoring once we fell behind. Nowt out wide for the majority of the game too which made us a lot easier to defend against, lost count how easy it was for them to get down the sides even if they made little of it.

Got beat 0-2 last season to them so it’s a big moral win for Bruce, Charners and the Donnay Army.

Thought they were decent first half particularly Almiron. As soon as Arsenal stepped it up they were on top and deserved the win. Midfield 2 bar Hayden worth both poor which was then compounded after the subs. Never looked like scoring once we fell behind. Nowt out wide for the majority of the game too which made us a lot easier to defend against, lost count how easy it was for them to get down the sides even if they made little of it.

Got beat 0-2 last season to them so it’s a big moral win for Bruce, Charners and the Donnay Army.

Was it not 1-2?  I seem to remember us getting a last gasp goal.

Guest godzilla

The lack of creativity in midfield has been a problem for a few years now. And as much as people try to stick up for them, Manquillo, Dummett and Ritchie should be nowhere near that team. Think this team is a knocking bet to go down especially with Clown Bruce in charge. The fact that Willems was not told before coming on where exactly to play and that he had four defenders on the bench to cover injuries sums him up. The bloke is not fit to manage this club but Ashley doesn't give a f*** and will continue his gamble mode to relegation.

That was not far off an Arsenal reserve team either.

First half we looked decent. Gave as good as we got. Nullified pretty much everything they had to offer. Looked pretty dangerous at times. But alas, didn’t score.

Second half was just shit. Bruce’s substitutions played a huge part in that, but also an absolutely infuriating lack of ability from some players in not being able to play a simple pass.

All in all I don’t think the performance was much different at all to various performances under Rafa against the bigger teams. I watched plenty of games under Rafa where we couldn’t retain the ball or get forward. What I didn’t see from Rafa very often though was completely mental subs, although he wasn’t without the odd moment of madness in that regard too.

Hoping Bruce realises that he fucked up his sub selection today and doesn’t make the same mistake again. (Not holding my breath though)

Was it not 1-2?  I seem to remember us getting a last gasp goal.

My mistake, thought we got beat 0-2. Still a moral win for the local lad.

Bruce felt the pressure of needing to play the new guys.

He got away with having a couple of them on the bench, but I think words would have been said had he not played them or more anger from the fans for not playing them would have got to him. Taking off a midfielder for a leftback is just mental, even more mental when you don’t tell him where to play.

Bringing on ASM for Longstaff was baffling, yet again another change where the positions do not match up.

Bruce has no one but himself to blame for not preparing the team in training, during the match, or even at half time. It has a clear effect on on us, and was likely a contributing factor behind how ineffective we were going forward, possibly preventing us from getting an equalising goal.

First half we looked decent. Gave as good as we got. Nullified pretty much everything they had to offer. Looked pretty dangerous at times. But alas, didn’t score.

Second half was just shit. Bruce’s substitutions played a huge part in that, but also an absolutely infuriating lack of ability from some players in not being able to play a simple pass.

All in all I don’t think the performance was much different at all to various performances under Rafa against the bigger teams. I watched plenty of games under Rafa where we couldn’t retain the ball or get forward. What I didn’t see from Rafa very often though was completely mental subs, although he wasn’t without the odd moment of madness in that regard too.

Hoping Bruce realises that he fucked up his sub selection today and doesn’t make the same mistake again. (Not holding my breath though)

No different to Rafa against Big 6 sides ???

Newcastle 5 v 1 Spurs/Poch

Newcastle 3 v 0 Chelsea/Conte

Newcastle 2 v 1 Man City/Guardiola

Newcastle 2 v 1 Arsenal/Wenger

Newcastle 1 v 0 Man Utd/Mourinho

Even in his last home game against a Big 6 side(Liverpool) we had the most shots on target of any side that played them last season.

If you think today was similar to that then wow.

TF front and centre on MOTD2 supporting the manager and the regime.

Say what you like about Michael Martin but he didn't lick the club's arse like those who've replaced him.

Absolutely gasping to get in bed with the club to line their pockets and boost their own profiles. Had to unfollow on social media, sick of seeing the same shit videos telling us how great they and the club are.

Say what you like about Michael Martin but he didn't lick the club's arse like those who've replaced him.

Absolutely gasping to get in bed with the club to line their pockets and boost their own profiles. Had to unfollow on social media, sick of seeing the same shit videos telling us how great they and the club are.

:thup: They're tiresome.