Non-NUFC games you've attended / are attending

Guest neesy111

On 19/09/2021 at 20:48, Nobody said:

Can't wait until Sunday the 3rd of October, first game with capacity crowds in Sweden since covid hit and it's a derby game between the current top two teams in the league. 

Can't remember if you're an AIK fan or if you hate them? :lol: 

If you're a fan what do you think of Zach Elbouzedi?

2 hours ago, triggs said:

Can't remember if you're an AIK fan or if you hate them? :lol: 

If you're a fan what do you think of Zach Elbouzedi?

Yeah I'm an AIK fan. 

He's decent. Obviously got a lot of pace, and is always an option on the wing. He needs to improve his decision making and end product a lot though if he wants to play at a higher level than this.

Had a good game tonight to be fair, had Oscar Wendt bricking it all game. 

St Etienne vs Lyon 2013, amazing atmosphere for a derby game.

Man United vs Deportivo when Beckham got injured before the world cup.

England at Sunderland in 1999 (I think it was 99).

Gamba Osaka vs FC Tokyo 2019.

Milan v Lazio 2 weeks ago. 

Napoli v Udinese a few years ago.

Indonesia vs Malaysia

Myanmar vs Thailand

Various Carlisle games when I lived there. Various Gateshead matches also.

Darlo vs Hartlepool around 2001. 

4 hours ago, Slim said:

CR Vasco da Gama.  After the game no taxis would take me home and I have no idea why.  Got very sketchy when the police cleared out.

Seen Vasco in Rio. Locals thought we were English football hooligans and made us stand next to them. After the match they invited us to a punch up with some Flamengo fans. We made our excuses and left…..

36 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Seen Vasco in Rio. Locals thought we were English football hooligans and made us stand next to them. After the match they invited us to a punch up with some Flamengo fans. We made our excuses and left…..

ha ha

I sat in the easy going area.  I was tempted to ask if I could sit with the flares and all that but bottled it.

• 8 months later...

Bit of Norwegian second tier action for me this evening, went to see SK Brann 7-0 Mjøndalen IF. Away team were spectacularly shite which given they were top of the league before KO is some effort. Amazing collapse from them given it was 1-0 until 60 minutes in.

Pretty good atmosphere and songbook from the Brann hardcore who had a couple of blocks of safe standing high behind the near goal.

Think it’s the first time I’ve seen a sub score a hat trick too. 

E6-A933-D9-1418-44-F0-AD93-97-E28-D03-D4

2 hours ago, Disco said:

Bit of Norwegian second tier action for me this evening, went to see SK Brann 7-0 Mjøndalen IF. Away team were spectacularly shite which given they were top of the league before KO is some effort. Amazing collapse from them given it was 1-0 until 60 minutes in.

Pretty good atmosphere and songbook from the Brann hardcore who had a couple of blocks of safe standing high behind the near goal.

Think it’s the first time I’ve seen a sub score a hat trick too. 

E6-A933-D9-1418-44-F0-AD93-97-E28-D03-D4

Looks class that. I’m off to Tromso in a couple of weeks and taking in a game whilst im there.

33 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Looks class that. I’m off to Tromso in a couple of weeks and taking in a game whilst im there.

Nice one, was up there last week but they were away unfortunately, had a wander up to the ground anyway for a poke about. Word of warning that the walk to the ground from the city centre is steep as fuck. 

6662-CF48-A98-C-43-B7-94-B9-60-F1312-A9-

85-D61-A74-700-E-4558-BC79-0-E696-E94-F2

Cracking city though, absolutely beautiful setting and some great pubs. Just a shame they’re absolutely fucking extortionate. 

8 minutes ago, Disco said:

Nice one, was up there last week but they were away unfortunately, had a wander up to the ground anyway for a poke about. Word of warning that the walk to the ground from the city centre is steep as fuck. 

Cracking city though, absolutely beautiful setting and some great pubs. Just a shame they’re absolutely fucking extortionate. 

A nice steep walk is just what I want a few hours after I’ve ran the Tromso marathon :lol: 

Great pics, really looking forward to it 

10 minutes ago, Disco said:

Stunning setting, that 

• 2 months later...

Was at Cadiz 0-4 Bilbao tonight. Cadiz must be one of the worst top flight teams in Europe, genuinely horrific. Alvaro Negredo upfront running in treacle and the rest aren’t much quicker or better.

Bilbao didn’t need to do much and could have won by way more. Given Spain isn’t known for its away followings there were loads of Bilbao fans there, must’ve been getting on 750-800 or so. Don’t know what he’s done previously but a Michael Owen esque reception for Lucas Perez (Arsenal one) when he came on for the home team by his own fans. 

F0WvB3li_t.jpeg 1OkqBllD_t.jpeg dbxkqOaK_t.jpeg MeVckCUu_t.jpeg wMhDDz6j_t.jpeg L3SOHOTp_t.jpeg

Was staying round the corner from here t’other day too…

vKqeT2pB_t.jpeg

My very first game was at Nottingham Forest in the early 80's, cant remember who against. We had family down there.

Just remember the roar of the crowd and being shit scared and excited at the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

In no particular order...

Portland Timbers v Real Salt Lake (home team lost but fans are enthusiastic. Met a guy in the bar near the stadium who's brother in law was an NUFC ST holder)...

Espanyol v Barcelona (Messi's first senior game)

AntalyaSpor v KonyaSpor? (happened to be in the neighbourhood... game sold out but a Director saw us trying to buy a ticket and invited us in for free - Antalya lost)

Rangers v Kiev (Champions League, got a freebie from S&N)

Bordeaux v Celtic (CL., on holiday but couldn't get a ticket due to segregation, used my schoolboy french to get a local to buy tickets for us). Celtic fans were mental (Man! I feel like a woman...... ad infinitum)

Malaga V Real Madrid (draw, Ronaldo missed a penalty)

Barcelona v Celta Vigo (Messi got one, Neymar got two... I think)

Real Madrid v Juventus (CL., Juve lost 3-0 at home, but in Madrid they managed to make it all square in the return. Then NUFC supporter Michael Oliver gave a penalty in the last minute (correctly), sent off Buffon and Ronaldo scored.

All the Euro96 and 2012 Olympic matches at St. James Pk

Loads of crappy Fairs Cup games involving Hibs and Hearts in the early 70s

29 minutes ago, Andy P said:

In no particular order...

Portland Timbers v Real Salt Lake (home team lost but fans are enthusiastic. Met a guy in the bar near the stadium who's brother in law was an NUFC ST holder)...

Espanyol v Barcelona (Messi's first senior game)

AntalyaSpor v KonyaSpor? (happened to be in the neighbourhood... game sold out but a Director saw us trying to buy a ticket and invited us in for free - Antalya lost)

Rangers v Kiev (Champions League, got a freebie from S&N)

Bordeaux v Celtic (CL., on holiday but couldn't get a ticket due to segregation, used my schoolboy french to get a local to buy tickets for us). Celtic fans were mental (Man! I feel like a woman...... ad infinitum)

Malaga V Real Madrid (draw, Ronaldo missed a penalty)

Barcelona v Celta Vigo (Messi got one, Neymar got two... I think)

Real Madrid v Juventus (CL., Juve lost 3-0 at home, but in Madrid they managed to make it all square in the return. Then NUFC supporter Michael Oliver gave a penalty in the last minute (correctly), sent off Buffon and Ronaldo scored.

All the Euro96 and 2012 Olympic matches at St. James Pk

Loads of crappy Fairs Cup games involving Hibs and Hearts in the early 70s

Cracking list. 

@Scoreboard82 What's left of your 92?

Went to Pacific FC v Atlético Ottowa ( :lol:) a month or so ago in the Canadian Premier League. Pacific are the local team here in Victoria BC. Decent like, just a few thousand there but in a small stadium so that atmosphere wans't too bad. They're actually Canadian PL champions (obviously with limited meaning given the best play in the MLS).

A couple of weeks ago I went to Seattle Sounders v Houston Dynamo. I'd been to a few Chicago Fire games and this definitely had a much better atmosphere and more like I was at a match in Europe. It's still has some of the cringey American sports stuff obviously, but it wasn't just that it was louder and better attended, it just felt more like the fans were focused on the match more and had their hearts in it more. Chatting about Obafemi Martins with my seat neighbour.

I thought I'd posted this, but went to a San Antonio FC game (v Memphis) a bit less than a year ago. USL (second tier in US).

Edited by Inferior Acuña

24 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Went to Pacific FC v Atlético Ottowa ( :lol:) a month or so ago in the Canadian Premier League. Pacific are the local team here in Victoria BC. Decent like, just a few thousand there but in a small stadium so that atmosphere wans't too bad. They're actually Canadian PL champions (obviously with limited meaning given the best play in the MLS).

A couple of weeks ago I went to Seattle Sounders v Houston Dynamo. I'd been to a few Chicago Fire games and this definitely had a much better atmosphere and more like I was at a match in Europe. It's still has some of the cringey American sports stuff obviously, but it wasn't just that it was louder and better attended, it just felt more like the fans were focused on the match more and had their hearts in it more. Chatting about Obafemi Martins with my seat neighbour.

I thought I'd posted this, but went to a San Antonio FC game (v Memphis) a bit less than a year ago. USL (second tier in US).

Apparently I've not posted in here before. So historically:

Countless Scotland games home and away, including v Brazil and Norway at France 98, England at Euro 96. Away in Italy (San Siro), Germany (Dortmund), Netherlands (Amsterdam Arena), Belgium (Heisel), Iceland x 2, Macedonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Mexico (Estadio Azteca)...

Numerous Chicago Fire games. (~2015-19)

Chicago Red Star (the Chicago women's team). (~2019)

Numerous Guizhou Renhe games, Chinese Super League and Asian Champions League, when I was living in China. (2013/14)

Numerous Deportes La Serena games when I was living there (top tier in Chile). One away friendly at their neighbours Coquimbo Unido. (2011/12)

Cruz Azul v América (Mexican top tier) (2015)

The Strongest v someone (Bolivian top tier, La Paz) (2012)

Roma v Lecce (Serie A, 2001)

Rangers v Sampdoria (friendly, ~1995)

Duisburg v Osnibruk (German 3rd tier, 2014)

Chile - Colombia (Copa America 2016 semi final, Chicago)

USA - Costa Rica (Copa America 2016, Chicago)

Argentina - Panama (Copa America 2016, Chicago) Messi scored hattrick off the bench for the first time

Mexico - Cuba (Gold Cup 2015, Chicago)

Dortmund - Man City (friendly, Chicago)

Hibs - Aberdeen (~2009)

Liverpool - Barcelona (friendly, Wembley)

Blyth Spartans, Gateshead, Newcastle Blue Star over the years

Forres Mechanics (Highland League, a few times years ago, where my dad's from)

Edited by Inferior Acuña

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Cracking list. 

@Scoreboard82 What's left of your 92?

So near yet so far. Lot of miles to go and money to be spent. Sutton, Gillingham, Exeter, Forest Green and Coventry left. Bit frustrating cos been to Coventrys old Highfield Road but not their current home. Forest Green looks a twat to get to despite being relatively near to Bristol. Plans to move too so depending on the timescale might put it to the back of the list so as I don't have to do it twice. It's a bit of a moving target with Everton and Luton at least planning moves in the next few years. Have some great days out at random places though.

Just been reminded on Instagram about attending the Sarajevo derby in 2019. One fan collapsed, riot squad out and more fire than I've ever seen in my life. Everyone was super friendly and some guy sold juice boxes and sunflower seeds to fans. The teens ahead of me smoked about a pack of Russian Marlboros each.