Sheffield Utd 0-2 Newcastle Utd - 05/12/19 - Post-match reaction from page 18

Disco

Parking the bus vs a promoted side in Sheff Utd :lol:

The man is shameless. I'll give him that.

Didn't you hear his pre-match interview? He was talking up Sheffield like they were Bayern Munich.

No outlet, Almirón and ASM aren’t being given an opportunity to carry the ball out of defence. We are just hitting out and letting it comeback in. Sheffield United haven’t been anything special, but the sheer amount of times they have been able to get the ball into the box has resulted in a few chances being created for them.

If we just got a hold of the ball and had a bit more compute then we could see this game out and comfortably so.

It’s the lack of an offensive plan that I can’t stomach under Bruce. Rafa got loads of stick in the media for being too defensive but we always had a game plan going forward you could see the runs and link ups being attempted on the pitch. Now we win the ball and just blast it forward in hope. It’s the Pardew era all over again with worse players.

Spot on.

Just seen the goal highlight. Absolute pandemonium in the crowd.

I know it's a bit dramatic but I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I'll feel that again. Pretty sad feeling tbh and very bothersome knowing that you're in the majority. A lad I play 5aside with, perfectly sound guy, not especially vocal either way; rushed away tonight so he could see the game. I just feel like a bit of a dick tbh; like I'm being purposefully contrary.

Edit *minority

Shelvey is the most one dimensional player on the ball ever. Not that he's getting it very often either as we aimlessly hoof hoof hoofit.

Aye. He’s a wasted space in this game, Longstaff would run out of defence with the ball more, or at least play the more simple and more needed pass.

Guest godzilla

One meaningful attack in 45 minutes and leading 1 - 0 😂. Tactics woeful, Carrol alone with nobody within  20 yards. Ball being hoofed aimlessly and going straight back to them every single time. Far too deep and the midfield non existent. Norwood playing the game like Shelvey should be (he has been terrible). Same tactics second half and that lead won’t last.

Just seen the goal highlight. Absolute pandemonium in the crowd.

I know it's a bit dramatic but I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I'll feel that again. Pretty sad feeling tbh and very bothersome knowing that you're in the majority. A lad I play 5aside with, perfectly sound guy, not especially vocal either way; rushed away tonight so he could see the game. I just feel like a bit of a dick tbh; like I'm being purposefully contrary.

I swapped a shift at work to see the match, fully expecting to still lose just on that basis. Anyway I’m not going to games anymore, hate Ashley, hate Bruce, but still want us to win (though that’s also down to how I don’t think going down and staying down would make Ashley sell either).

Guest reefatoon

Why are we on the tv all the time? We are hideous to watch. This game is boring as f***.

Everyone is on TV

Not nearly every week. You know what I mean you little tinker.

For our lack of threat and entertainment, we're limiting them well imo. They look like they haven't a clue how to break us down - lots of sideways passing allowing us to get back into shape. That said, they've won quite a few crosses into the box so we need to start clearing a few more of those earlier and further.

For our lack of threat and entertainment, we're limiting them well imo. They look like they haven't a clue how to break us down - lots of sideways passing allowing us to get back into shape. That said, they've won quite a few crosses into the box so we need to start clearing a few more of those earlier and further.

If you play like this against any midtable team they're going to struggle to create much :lol: They probably aren't used to being treated like they're Barca

Why are we on the tv all the time? We are hideous to watch. This game is boring as f***.

Everyone is on TV

Not nearly every week. You know what I mean you little tinker.

Ehhhhhh....................howay lads watch the language there could be kids on this board.

Aye we're winning 1-0 so great but this is bloody awful to watch. Since the goal we've just parked ourselves on the edge of our box and waited for Sheff Utd to score, which, make no mistake, they will eventually. 25% possession in the 1st half against Sheffield Utd. Really? Honestly these people saying we're playing far better football than last season just haven't got a clue.

Watching the game through black and white specs as usual. Dubs has made 4 saves already in only 45 mins. They are getting into great positions quite regularly, just lacking the finishing touch due to having champo players in attacking positions.