Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea

samptime29

First time I've properly celebrated a goal in a fair while.

Wouldn't say we were lucky, we defended really well, they didn't really have any clear cut chances, and couldn't break us down, and for the majority of the game I thought it was just going out to be a bore draw.

Yeah we didn't attack much if at all, but we took our chance, they didnt. Its the sort of performance that if it was Rafa people would be saying it was a game plan and we executed well. However as it's Bruce it's lucky.

My goodness.

Just know this is the same thing you're going to be saying throughout Bruce's tenure here.

I think it is absolutely repulsive that playing this way game in game out is accepted.

Sho-linton :lol:

It is extraordinary and quite nightmarish that we are currently morphing Joelinton into the very worst of Shola Ameobi.

The last thing I need right now is to have to remember that joker every time I watch this wretched team.

This whole thing is so torturous at the minute.

To be fair to him he isnt constantly grinning like a Cheshire cat when we are losing or he is playing shit. He looks legit pissed off it's not working for him.

Guest neesy111

I kinda enjoyed that as well, although didn't celebrate the goal.

Wish we had this luck when we were challenging for the title as we would have won it by a clear distance.

That was an utter dreadful game and should never be replayed to a human soul

To be fair he's got them defending well, playing for eachother and never giving in. Sure going forward we are literal shit but defending like that all it takes is a bit of luck and you can claim points like this.

This is why these kind of results are so terrible.

We are not defending well. We literally have the whole team sitting in our own box the whole game.

Just because the team with all the initiative doesn't end up managing to open us up, that doesn't make it good defending!

We are not offering a damned thing going forward. We do not contribute anything to the game.

We then end up scrambling a goal in from a set piece after one great ball from ASM, and this is acceptable?!

No not for me. Never.

Of course we defended well.  :lol:

No we did not.

It is why on another day we can't beat a league 2 fucking Rochdale.

This is ridiculous, but hey if you enjoy it, good for you.

Thought we defended well. We created fuck all like and nibbled Chelsea at the end, but I will always enjoy beating Chelsea. 

This. Always take great delight in beating those horrible cunts.

I was there for the Semi final in the FA Cup. 13 year old me was so rattled after that game. Chelsea been on the shit list ever since.

First time I've properly celebrated a goal in a fair while.

Wouldn't say we were lucky, we defended really well, they didn't really have any clear cut chances, and couldn't break us down, and for the majority of the game I thought it was just going out to be a bore draw.

Yeah we didn't attack much if at all, but we took our chance, they didnt. Its the sort of performance that if it was Rafa people would be saying it was a game plan and we executed well. However as it's Bruce it's lucky.

My goodness.

Just know this is the same thing you're going to be saying throughout Bruce's tenure here.

I think it is absolutely repulsive that playing this way game in game out is accepted.

I dont have a problem with the comparisons to how we played last year. They key difference between both is that we always knew given the time to build or just basic board support Rafa had the ability to put a more attacking side together. This is Bruce's limit.

To be fair he's got them defending well, playing for eachother and never giving in. Sure going forward we are literal shit but defending like that all it takes is a bit of luck and you can claim points like this.

This is why these kind of results are so terrible.

We are not defending well. We literally have the whole team sitting in our own box the whole game.

Just because the team with all the initiative doesn't end up managing to open us up, that doesn't make it good defending!

We are not offering a damned thing going forward. We do not contribute anything to the game.

We then end up scrambling a goal in from a set piece after one great ball from ASM, and this is acceptable?!

No not for me. Never.

Of course we defended well.  :lol:

No we did not.

It is why on another day we can't beat a league 2 fucking Rochdale.

This is ridiculous, but hey if you enjoy it, good for you.

What game were you watching? We worked hard defensively, and kept a clean sheet.

It's not even up for debate man  :lol: :lol:

My point is we were always going to be slaughtered by Chelsea, on paper, we got lucky a 1-0 win.

Don't expect a great performance to get a 1-0 result against Chelsea playing well, is was always going to be lucky!

Newcastle are a bottom of the mid-table team.

Winning like this constantly is building foundations on quicksand.  Completely unsustainable.

:thup: Whole season has been like that.

However...if...big IF know, something happens and Bruce leaves, Ashley fucks off etc...a good manager with a couple of quality signings (Robert, Bellamy under Bobby springs to mind) could spark the club back in to action.

Haha, the referee just owned that situation :smug:

Should have booked him, waited a few seconds, then booked him again if he hadn’t moved off the pitch.

He deliberately came into the pitch to do that.

He was off the pitch to take the throw in so ref should have asked someone else to take throw in, you can't book him for getting the ball man

My point was that he was injured when he was off the pitch, took the throw in so he could come onto the pitch and immediately go down so that he could be treated on the pitch instead of Chelsea being down to 10 men with him being treated off the pitch.

To me that has got to be constituted as dissent.