Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea

samptime29

We were actually awful in that second half, we scored with what seemed to be the only time we got the ball into the final third. Said before the game that Chelsea are very beatable at the moment, although not sure that had much to do with anything we did.

Guest neesy111

We were actually awful in that second half, we scored with what seemed to be the only time we got the ball into the final third. Said before the game that Chelsea are very beatable at the moment, although not sure that had much to do with anything we did.

Yeap, the 1st half performance was better.

However...if...big IF know, something happens and Bruce leaves, Ashley f***s off etc...a good manager with a couple of quality signings (Robert, Bellamy under Bobby springs to mind) could spark the club back in to action.

Exactly, the sale price will go up and more likely to be sold if we are doing well, e.g. mid-table. This result is via good luck but we must be in a position to sell to be better in the future. Going down won't change one iota imo.

Here’s where I have an issue with expected goals. How was ours only 0.56 when we hit the bar with a header from a pretty standard cross and the goal came from 6 yards out?

That stat never makes sense to me.

I have seen a time when we have scored 2-3 goals, and won the game without the other team scoring. However the expected goals has us with less than 1 goal and the other team close to 2 goals.

To me it’s a stat that has been plucked out of thin air that bookies have came out with in order for them to cash in on bets from.

However...if...big IF know, something happens and Bruce leaves, Ashley f***s off etc...a good manager with a couple of quality signings (Robert, Bellamy under Bobby springs to mind) could spark the club back in to action.

Exactly, the sale price will go up and more likely to be sold if we are doing well, e.g. mid-table. This result is via good luck but we must be in a position to sell to be better in the future. Going down won't change one iota imo.

Not this shit again

That was absolutely fucking lifting. We stank the place out. Another game where we seemed to have no idea whatsoever.

Play like that again on Tuesday night - and there's no reason why we won't - and Everton will paste us.

Doesn’t matter we’re as good as safe now

That was absolutely f***ing lifting. We stank the place out. Another game where we seemed to have no idea whatsoever.

Play like that again on Tuesday night - and there's no reason why we won't - and Everton will paste us.

Awful football to watch I agree, but we worked really hard & definitely deserved something from that match.

Not sure on that. Given up trying to figure out what condition the club needs to be in for Ashley to sell. But should the unlikely happen, there’s some good players in there, at least half a mid table prem team.

Here’s where I have an issue with expected goals. How was ours only 0.56 when we hit the bar with a header from a pretty standard cross and the goal came from 6 yards out?

The xG I saw gave us 0.84. The headed chance wasn't very good, Joelinton did well to get such a good contact on it

What do people want, a great Newcastle display, much possession, great shots on target but beat 1-0?

f*** me!!  That's the same kinda logic that says we should be thanking big mike otherwise we could have ended up doing a Portsmouth/Leeds etc.

So what is your 'logic' out of this mid-table/lower-table position?

Don’t know how we keep managing to pull this sh*t off but I’ll take the 3 points.

I think most people can tolerate playing this way against the top teams, but we play like this against everyone and somehow keep getting away with it.

There will be a point where it all falls apart. I thought it might have been the beginning after those games over Christmas but we’ve picked up some good results since then.