Newcastle United 1-0 Chelsea

samptime29

We’re going to finish 4th or 5th bottom for ever. I think this might actually be hell.

And every single year the infrastructure, commercial revenue etc falls further behind. It does look like a long long road to even start to see some light.

First time I've properly celebrated a goal in a fair while.

Wouldn't say we were lucky, we defended really well, they didn't really have any clear cut chances, and couldn't break us down, and for the majority of the game I thought it was just going out to be a bore draw.

Yeah we didn't attack much if at all, but we took our chance, they didnt. Its the sort of performance that if it was Rafa people would be saying it was a game plan and we executed well. However as it's Bruce it's lucky.

To be fair there were some excellent subs and tactical changes. We havent seen the likes before and likely wont again from Bruce. But fair play.

I actually thought his subs were decent at the time. Shelvey was absolutely knackered and Krafth should be euthanized. The two Longstaffs brought some legs back on and saved us from defeat.

It’s literally impossible we have 29 points. Ludicrous.

1-0 wins against Tottenham, Man Utd and Chelsea. While all of those teams are to a degree not performing to expectations this season, those are 3 incredibly lucky wins we had no right getting. Sun shining out of Bruce's ass. Can't believe it.

Guest neesy111

To be fair there were some excellent subs and tactical changes. We havent seen the likes before and likely wont again from Bruce. But fair play.

I actually thought his subs were decent at the time. Shelvey was absolutely knackered and Krafth should be euthanized. The two Longstaffs brought some legs back on and saved us from defeat.

Thought Sean was poor, Matty was the difference.

To be fair he's got them defending well, playing for eachother and never giving in. Sure going forward we are literal shit but defending like that all it takes is a bit of luck and you can claim points like this.

This is why these kind of results are so terrible.

We are not defending well. We literally have the whole team sitting in our own box the whole game.

Just because the team with all the initiative doesn't end up managing to open us up, that doesn't make it good defending!

We are not offering a damned thing going forward. We do not contribute anything to the game.

We then end up scrambling a goal in from a set piece after one great ball from ASM, and this is acceptable?!

No not for me. Never.

Hard not to enjoy a win against this lot like, no matter how turgid we were to watch. For all Chelsea's possession, Dubravka didn't really have that much to do mind; might've been a smash and grab, but I never felt like Chelsea were going to score either.

We win like that last season and everyone is ecstatic, tactical masterclass etc. I'll never take to Bruce but that's a great result.

Its precisely BECAUSE this is Rafas set up that it annoys me. Yet we still have LESS possession and fewer chances and Steve and his cronies lap up the praise that Rafa didnt get.

Rafa got slaughtered for the same (better) stuff.

Thought Sean was poor, Matty was the difference.

Yeah but I think Shelvey wouldnt have had the legs even to cover. It was the sensible move. Love Matty like

To be fair he's got them defending well, playing for eachother and never giving in. Sure going forward we are literal shit but defending like that all it takes is a bit of luck and you can claim points like this.

We are not defending well. We literally have the whole team sitting in our own box the whole game.

Just because the team with all the initiative doesn't end up managing to open us up, that doesn't make it good defending!

We are not offering a damned thing going forward. We do not contribute anything to the game.

We then end up scrambling a goal in from a set piece after one great ball from ASM, and this is acceptable?!

No not for me. Never.

Of course we defended well.  :lol:

Wish I had Alan’s enthusiasm, didn’t even celebrate a last minute winner against Chelsea, that pretty much prolongs the shite for another year

Same, I still think if a team scores early against we are ripe for a good hiding

Wish I had Alan’s enthusiasm, didn’t even celebrate a last minute winner against Chelsea, that pretty much prolongs the shite for another year

If the technology in Eternal Sunshine worked, I'd be a customer.

Guest neesy111

We win like that last season and everyone is ecstatic, tactical masterclass etc. I'll never take to Bruce but that's a great result.

Its precisely BECAUSE this is Rafas set up that it annoys me. Yet we still have LESS possession and fewer chances and Steve and his cronies lap up the praise that Rafa didnt get.

Rafa got slaughtered for the same (better) stuff.

It's happened like 3-4 times this season these kind of results, I can only remember once or twice they happened last season.

Hard not to enjoy a win against this lot like, no matter how turgid we were to watch. For all Chelsea's possession, Dubravka didn't really have that much to do mind; might've been a smash and grab, but I never felt like Chelsea were going to score either.

Yup. They aren't great nowadays. The way we sat back and allowed them to have the ball for 90 minutes, they didn't create a lot and we looked much more solid with Lascelles back in the team.

No not for me. Never.

It's the expectations isn't it, we've gone from under Rafa being underresourced trying to build something and develop a team to scrappy underdogs under Bruce who are doing brilliantly and have heart by simply not being bottom of the table mostly through luck. They changed the narrative, we are a shit Stoke under pulis now and are expected to (and sadly a lot are) happy with the odd terribly flukey win and such and the style of football, the actual ambition of the team etc etc matter not. We've gone from a team everyone says should be top half and blaming Rafa for struggling to a team that should be in league 1 and praising brucey for keeping us in contention for staying up.