Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I could come up with a decent argument about every owner.  Easy picking :

Russians owners - committed assassination in our country. Putting countless lives at risk. Is Chelsea’s owner even allowed in Britain yet?

Chinese owners - caused a global pandemic by covering up issue at their laboratory’s

Capitalist billionaire owners - bleeding their companies dry then furloughing staff and government bail outs

Etc etc

IMO it is all crap what I’ve written above is crap. It’s just that for what ever reason e seem to get more abuse when other teams are owned by questionable people too

Stop being so relentlessly thick for the love of god.

Citizen = a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

Being a citizen of a country is different to running it.

Seems you missed my point.

Russians owners - committed assassination in our country. Putting countless lives at risk. Is Chelsea’s owner even allowed in Britain yet?

Chinese owners - caused a global pandemic by covering up issue at their laboratory’s

Capitalist billionaire owners - bleeding their companies dry then furloughing staff and government bail outs

Etc etc

IMO it is all crap what I’ve written above is crap. It’s just that for what ever reason e seem to get more abuse when other teams are owned by questionable people too

Citizen = a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

Note how I did that without in insulting you?  This place is going down hill fast.

Etc etc

Note how I did that without in insulting you?  This place is going down hill fast.

You said you could come up with a decent argument then didn't. People are so desperate for Ashley to go they are prepared to overlook the fact that we will be owned by people responsible for a hell of a lot of deaths. Ashley was a greedy capitalist fuck who is responsible for terrible working practices in his businesses. Replacing him with people who are morally worse because they might make us competitive is not cause for celebration.

Etc etc

You said you could come up with a decent argument then didn't. People are so desperate for Ashley to go they are prepared to overlook the fact that we will be owned by people responsible for a hell of a lot of deaths. Ashley was a greedy capitalist fuck who is responsible for terrible working practices in his businesses. Replacing him with people who are morally worse because they might make us competitive is not cause for celebration.

They were stupid arguments deliberately.  Ok so how about Ashley ignoring social distancing rules at sports direct warehouses (proven with photographic evidence) which put us all at risk, especially all of our elder relatives?  Why did he do this? For profit.

Etc etc

They were stupid arguments deliberately.  Ok so how about Ashley ignoring social distancing rules at sports direct warehouses (proven with photographic evidence) which put us all at risk, especially all of our elder relatives?  Why did he do this? For profit.

He's a cunt who is morally reprehensible. The new lot are worse. I don't understand how you are struggling with this.

Also rather than seeing this as sports washing could it not be seen as an opportunity for us to positively influence their region?  Look at the make up of the consortium. A women heading it.  Even if this is just propaganda it will influence the region.

Etc etc

He's a cunt who is morally reprehensible. They new lot are worse. I don't understand how you are struggling with this.

They are a country with some views we had in the 60’s.  how do you influence and change that.  How do you make it better?  How do you make the world believe in equal opportunities for women, race, sexualities?  I don’t believe isolation works. 

Also rather than seeing this as sports washing could it not be seen as an opportunity for us to positively influence their region?  Look at the make up of the consortium. A women heading it.  Even if this is just propaganda it will influence the region.

Mate please stop. I mean that in the politest way. We will be the plaything of a billionaire owner and no more. You can't seriously believe that pissed up Geordies slurring the Blaydon races will convince the Saudis to suddenly see the light.

Guest godzilla

See this thread has escalated again. There is another thread for talking about the Saudi regime so why not use that for discussion and feelings on the subject.

Guest reefatoon

We just need this takeover done now so we can all get on with it. Get back to the football, getting Rafa back, seeing some professionalism and just being able to go out and enjoy 90 minutes of football again. It’s been far too long. People that are against it can leave it be and other people who want to get back to seeing some football can, but this moral tug of war is boring as f***.

Starting to have my doubts if these camel riding knights are ambitious enough for what we need, I mean only 350 pages? We've seen posts from our mate HTT on here which are longer.

Where can I find that HTT post again? Didn't finish reading it.

It’s almost as if these issues across threads are linked in some way...

They are I get why the above happened.  But for people looking for movement on the takeover reading pages of me talking moral shite is tedious.

Starting to have my doubts if these camel riding knights are ambitious enough for what we need, I mean only 350 pages? We've seen posts from our mate HTT on here which are longer.

Think it's storaged on a massive server field in russia. Probably not available online since it slows the internet down.

Think it's storaged on a massive server field in russia. Probably not available online since it slows the internet down.

and its unfinished, he keeps it going perpetually and is currently taking up 8% of the worlds electrical output keeping it cool.

Saudi for some Saudis and definitely for Yemen = very bad. Not so much for the rest of the world.

Mike Ashley for Newcastle supporters = very bad. Not so much for the rest of the country.

It’s not the same but there are parallels. I don’t agree at all some of the things Saudi do but it doesn’t affect me directly so I don’t really care all that much which is exactly the same thing as the rest of the country here being oblivious to what Mike Ashley has done to the club/city for 13 years. They didn’t care and why should they have.

If this goes thru and we all agree the new owners are reprehensible, can the ones that want to separate that from the enjoyment of supporting the club get on with it or are we gonna have arguments about SA human rights in every signing thread or match day thread? Already sick of seeing some deeply unpleasant arguments on here