Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Howaythetoon

Mods are going to have their work cut out to stop this shit spilling over in to every thread.

Should probably lock the "New Member" functionality of the forum until a few months after the takeover is completed.  Once the hype (positive & negative) cools down a little bit then open it back up.

N.O on lockdown :lol:

Can’t wait to be hearing about future plans, players, upgrading the training ground etc. Think we will get so much to be excited about from the off. Just having owners who will be willing to communicate with the public and setting out plans. It’s going to be the polar opposite of what we have had. Far too excited about it all. I honestly thought I had lost this feeling for good.

I still can't allow myself to really feel excited, not until its over one way or another.  If it finally happens, then I'll find out if I can ever really get that passion back again.

My very simplistic view is that we as fans have had no control while we have watched Ashley do as he wish with the club we love. He’s openly antagonised fans with his decisions and we’ve watched the decay of the stadium and steadfast refusal to invest in the infrastructure. I firmly believe that as a group of fans we would not have forced Ashley out and this has driven a rift between fans who can hopefully now support their club as one.

Should this takeover happen then the disease that is slowing killing the club will have been cut out. The cure may not to be to everyone’s taste but our cure will not adversely affect other’s human rights. Perhaps I’m being simplistic and ignorant to a bigger plan but I can’t see buying NUFC will make the Saudi regime any harsher and may actually help.

I’m not going to feel any guilt over celebrating the takeover, the single, biggest threat to my club will have gone, we’ll still sell arms to the Saudi’s as a country and court their money in other areas. The world will still turn and my little bit of it will hopefully be somewhat brighter - indeed the whole area may feel the benefit.

Guest reefatoon

Can’t wait to be hearing about future plans, players, upgrading the training ground etc. Think we will get so much to be excited about from the off. Just having owners who will be willing to communicate with the public and setting out plans. It’s going to be the polar opposite of what we have had. Far too excited about it all. I honestly thought I had lost this feeling for good.

I still can't allow myself to really feel excited, not until its over one way or another.  If it finally happens, then I'll find out if I can ever really get that passion back again.

That is fair enough, we have had so many false dawns. I think it is just a matter of time now though, I feel we have passed the point of no return. Onwards and upwards. I am sure as soon as you hear the plans for the future, seeing the excitement around the place, it’s going to be really really hard not to get caught up in it. Will take no time at all to shake off the doom and gloom we have all been feeling for the last 13 years.

Howay man I'm trying to reel it in a bit until we hear something more.... You're not helping :lol:

Guest reefatoon

Howay man I'm trying to reel it in a bit until we hear something more.... You're not helping :lol:

:lol: embrace the joy! It’s about to get so much better.

Mods are going to have their work cut out to stop this shit spilling over in to every thread.

Should probably lock the "New Member" functionality of the forum until a few months after the takeover is completed.  Once the hype (positive & negative) cools down a little bit then open it back up.

That would make it a large clique.

Wasn't there a time when you had to post 20 times (or something) before you could open a thread? Or was that Toontastic?

Possibly Toonchat, certainly wasn't Toontastic.net

Mods are going to have their work cut out to stop this s*** spilling over in to every thread.

That would make it a large clique.

Wasn't there a time when you had to post 20 times (or something) before you could open a thread? Or was that Toontastic?

Possibly Toonchat, certainly wasn't Toontastic.net

Pretty sure the post X times before you can open a thread thing is on this forum.

What's this about a 350 page document? I missed the initial reference and now only see people referring to its existence. What is it?

Article in the daily mail this morning saying our prospective new owners have sent the premier league a 350 page dossier of their plans for us

What's this about a 350 page document? I missed the initial reference and now only see people referring to its existence. What is it?

The buyers side of this deal submitted a 350 page document to the premier league of what their plans were for us over the coming years. It's part of the owners and directors test.

Guest reefatoon

Why couldn’t they have just sent a 2 page dossier through. The takeover would have been done by now.

Just says they're going to stick to financial fair play rules, which is obviously what they'd say.  That piece reads very much like them saying they'll spend as much as the rules allow but have a plan to increase the clubs revenue in order to make sure that spending limit is set as high as possible.

While significant cash will be made available to upgrade the first-team squad, the in-coming proprietors are mindful of the pitfalls of Financial Fair Play – and will stick to the rules.

Any investment will be made with that in mind but the club’s new owners are confident that with the backing from the Toon Army and the worldwide reach of the brand that they can generate huge interest in the Tynesiders club – and spark a revival.

The guy heading the PIF group wants to make them worth 2 trillion ££ by 2030.

Their investments are made to make money, success for NUFC and regular CL football will be the only way to make decent money out of us.

These guys don’t fuck around , oh m6 days  :cheesy:

Can you not think Saudi Arabia's politics are barbaric whilst supporting the club?

It was the same with Ashley and his abhorrent business practices. I'm boycotting, but that's because of the way he's running the club as opposed to his shithousery at SD.

I'm not saying turn a blind eye, but if you protested the ownership of every business and their behaviour you'd have a full time job on your hands.

Can you not think Saudi Arabia's politics are barbaric whilst supporting the club?

It was the same with Ashley and his abhorrent business practices. I'm boycotting, but that's because of the way he's running the club as opposed to his shithousery at SD.

I'm not saying turn a blind eye, but if you protested the ownership of every business and their behaviour you'd have a full time job on your hands.

Would you be willing to support the team and protest the regime?

"We want the Suadis out, say we wan...... Is that Neymar warming up?"