Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Surely the idea of sportswashing is to connect a regime with important people and institutions in the west, have people from Sky TV enjoying entertainment on match day, get the VIPs from the club connected with people etc. It’s not to play nice football some people think they’re nice.

When I see Man City and Chelsea before them, I think “we’ll they’re good, but they’re cheating”. I’m sure I’d feel the same if it was us. I’d enjoy it, but also have that feeling in the back of my mind.

That said, it’s not our fault that football is rigged so you need a billionaire to win.

we already had a billionaire, who had rafa as a coach, and a full house 50k every home game.

just competing would have been fine for most of us.

Sure, what I meant was you need to spend a vast amount of money to compete.

sorry Ian, I know what you meant.

it was just to point out that we were probably in a position to at least try and compete for 7th place. Rafa's know-how meant we probably had to spend less than our immediate rivals to achieve the same position. some things money cant buy.

it was just to point out that we were probably in a position to at least try and compete for 7th place. Rafa's know-how meant we probably had to spend less than our immediate rivals to achieve the same position. some things money cant buy.

With luck, we will soon have Rafa's know-how AND some decent money to spend and ambition (at the top of the club) to achieve success.

You'd like to think these hideously rich fuckers would have hired people to look into the fit and proper test in advance and know they'll piss it with room to fucking spare like. Heads will roll if they don't.

Literally  :yao:

Guest neesy111

Article from the same journalist who defended the presence of the AJ-Ruiz fight in Saudi.

Who wrote it?

The article is bang on

It's really not, with this section being the shittest:

"City employ the best coach in the world and play the most beautiful football many of us have ever seen in this country and therefore our attitude towards the regime in the UAE starts to soften.

Sports reporters like me say we are separating the beauty of the football from the regime that is financing it but the cunning of sportswashing lies in the fact that by reporting on the enchantment of the entertainment City provide, we are creating a subliminal link to the state that has facilitated that entertainment. By doing our job, we are doing their bidding, too."

I spare no thought to the regime in UAE when City do well, never mind my attitude softening. And as for subliminal messaging - WTF is he going on about.

I'm not saying the underlying point doesn't have merit, but that article is utter drivel.

Well the article is drivel because if your bias and view.

point.

I agree with most of it.

If Al-Rumayyan is indeed nominated as Chairman, that's good news. Somehow I doubt this guy will spend any of his time on us over his duties for Aramco and PIF (combined worth over 2 TRILLION.. apparently).  It hopefully indicates that the Saudis will not be hands on at all and the day-to-day running of the club will be left to Mandy, Reuben and whoever they appoint.

Not particularly looking forward to our new circular badge, mind. :laugh:

Aye. I get that people love our current one, I even have monochrome version of it as a tattoo, however we have had it since the early 90's, even without new owners, it would likely be coming towards its natural refresh/redesign stage in anyway.

Starting to have my doubts if these camel riding knights are ambitious enough for what we need, I mean only 350 pages? We've seen posts from our mate HTT on here which are longer.

Article from the same journalist who defended the presence of the AJ-Ruiz fight in Saudi.

Who wrote it?

The article is bang on

It's really not, with this section being the shittest:

"City employ the best coach in the world and play the most beautiful football many of us have ever seen in this country and therefore our attitude towards the regime in the UAE starts to soften.

Sports reporters like me say we are separating the beauty of the football from the regime that is financing it but the cunning of sportswashing lies in the fact that by reporting on the enchantment of the entertainment City provide, we are creating a subliminal link to the state that has facilitated that entertainment. By doing our job, we are doing their bidding, too."

I spare no thought to the regime in UAE when City do well, never mind my attitude softening. And as for subliminal messaging - WTF is he going on about.

I'm not saying the underlying point doesn't have merit, but that article is utter drivel.

Well the article is drivel because if your bias and view.

point.

I agree with most of it.

I usually base my opinions on my viewpoint, unless the articles of the Daily Mail subliminally persuade me otherwise.

One day we are furloughing our employees and claiming we can’t compete with Wolves and Bournemouth and the next we have owners who want to turn us into a force. Never gray with Nufc. Jesus :lol:

Starting to have my doubts if these camel riding knights are ambitious enough for what we need, I mean only 350 pages? We've seen posts from our mate HTT on here which are longer.

But with their powers combined...cometh the time cometh the Hitzfeld.

To all the haters posting about the sports washing etc this should just be spammed on their tweets:

I tried that argument a few pages back and even I realise how stupid it is.

I agree it is stupid. But so is the hypocrisy we see against Newcastle. Meet people at their level.

Edit : removed the large tweet from quote

I could come up with a decent argument about every owner.  Easy picking :

Russians owners - committed assassination in our country. Putting countless lives at risk. Is Chelsea’s owner even allowed in Britain yet?

Chinese owners - caused a global pandemic by covering up issue at their laboratory’s

Capitalist billionaire owners - bleeding their companies dry then furloughing staff and government bail outs

Etc etc

IMO it is all crap what I’ve written above is crap. It’s just that for what ever reason e seem to get more abuse when other teams are owned by questionable people too 

I could come up with a decent argument about every owner.  Easy picking :

Russians owners - committed assassination in our country. Putting countless lives at risk. Is Chelsea’s owner even allowed in Britain yet?

Chinese owners - caused a global pandemic by covering up issue at their laboratory’s

Capitalist billionaire owners - bleeding their companies dry then furloughing staff and government bail outs

Etc etc

IMO it is all crap what I’ve written above is crap. It’s just that for what ever reason e seem to get more abuse when other teams are owned by questionable people too

Stop being so relentlessly thick for the love of god.

Citizen = a legally recognized subject or national of a state or commonwealth, either native or naturalized.

Being a citizen of a country is different to running it.