Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Im not sure that they have committed crime in the United Kingdom. Whether they have the right to make any apparent judgement based on events outside of Uk jurisdiction I am not sure of.

I know they have invested alot in our infrastucture so why the difference with investment in a football club/team/stadium should be seen in a different light would be a less than thoughtful conclusion

Im not sure that they have committed crime in the United Kingdom. Whether they have the right to make any apparent judgement based on events outside of Uk jurisdiction I am not sure of.

I know they have invested alot in our infrastucture so why the difference with investment in a football club/team/stadium should be seen in a different light would be a less than thoughtful conclusion

There is a bit which says if they are deemed to have conducted a crime that is considered to be a crime if it was committed in the UK, then they could reject it.

For the human rights violations to be considered they have to have an objection by the government, which is not going to happen.

On top of this, it’s unlikely the prince will be classed as a director or owner. Everything is going to be under the PIF groups name, their CEO is going to be the head above the door.

Alongside this, there is no chance the UK government are going to put a block on such a big investment portfolio from investing in UK business, be that NUFC, or shares in ARM.

I'm sure that if you can afford to buy a painting for 300m to have in your 450m yacht then you can afford decent lawyers and advisors to check these things up before you waste your time :lol:

Yeah, tend to agree and i'm sure a few brown envelopes may help push things through  :lol:

There is a bit which says if they are deemed to have conducted a crime that is considered to be a crime if it was committed in the UK, then they could reject it.

For the human rights violations to be considered they have to have an objection by the government, which is not going to happen.

On top of this, it’s unlikely the prince will be classed as a director or owner. Everything is going to be under the PIF groups name, their CEO is going to be the head above the door.

Alongside this, there is no chance the UK government are going to put a block on such a big investment portfolio from investing in UK business, be that NUFC, or shares in ARM.

Well then Amen to that...

Wasn't Thaksin Shinawatra basically in exile and about to go on trial when he passed this test? I think the 'fit and proper' doesn't allude to the personal character of the would-be owner, rather the plan for the next 3-5 years and whether the club is in good hands for the future financial set-up. That's how I understood it, might be completely wrong like, but I wouldn't trust half of the PL owners to pass a DBS check let alone a thorough deep-dive into their morals and attitudes of their past.

Wasn't Thaksin Shinawatra basically in exile and about to go on trial when he passed this test? I think the 'fit and proper' doesn't allude to the personal character of the would-be owner, rather the plan for the next 3-5 years and whether the club is in good hands for the future financial set-up. That's how I understood it, might be completely wrong like, but I wouldn't trust half of the PL owners to pass a DBS check let alone a thorough deep-dive into their morals and attitudes of their past.

:lol: :lol:

Is a DBS test now the ultimate benchmark for whether or not someone is a overall good person.

I always thought it was the nosy employers test and glad its now gone for most professions....

I still don't understand why Reuben Brothers are on board tbh. Amanda I can understand as she set it all up, but why RB ?

I would take a running guess that it's to do with any land and business deals that will crop up from any redevelopment of the area. Look at what City did with Eastlands - totally transformed the place. I have half an idea that that's what our potential new owners will want to do. Exciting times lads.

I still don't understand why Reuben Brothers are on board tbh. Amanda I can understand as she set it all up, but why RB ?

Maybe just as simple as their ties to real estate in Newcastle and the Gosforth race course. Maybe they are just invested in the area, knew Stavely and wanted in on the project?

Stuff like this is probably pretty convincing from their POV.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/11/27/manchester-city-owners-agree-sell-389m-stake-holding-company/

From their POV but not from the people putting up most of the cash. Why would they want/let the Rueben bros in on it?

The Reuben Brothers have many interests in Newcastle, they own a very large part of the City Centre (the "East Pilgrim Street" development area) and I think they wish to expand this further, so owning a stake in the football club of that City (which happens to also one of the UKs most famous clubs) is a no-brainer really.

It will be great to have them owning part of the club.

The Reuben Brothers have many interests in Newcastle, they own a very large part of the City Centre (the "East Pilgrim Street" development area) and I think they wish to expand this further, so owning a stake in the football club of that City (which happens to also one of the UKs most famous clubs) is a no-brainer really.

Totally, I can see why they would want in, not why the 80% stakeholders would want them in.

Totally, I can see why they would want in, not why the 80% stakeholders would want them in.

I’m genuinely more happy that they’re involved tbh. East Pilgrim Street is in need of being totally revamped - and I fucking hate Stack.

Probably because the Reubens were going to be involved in regenerating rundown areas of Newcastle, maybe even rebuilding the ground itself.  They are property developers after all .

Which means making money....why would the Saudis want to let someone else in on that ?