Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Peak clique was a few month back, I was told by one of them, there was a peak clique leak. There was a smell about it, there was a reek about the peak clique leak, I decided to look into it, a deek into the reek of the peak  clique leak. I didn't look too hard though, it was a meek deek into the reek of the peak clique leak.

Clique poetry ?

Guest Howaythetoon

People should name names about the clique, I like to think I'm liable to fall out with anyone (loki can testify and Froggy) I'm interested in the clique names.

I’ve probably offended/fallen out with loads on here, Froggy being one of them the Manc cunt! Anyway, all on N.O are lovely people and we will soon have our club back, albeit owned by an evil murderous regime, but the good times are heading our way again and this time next year we’ll be...

Can definitely remember me and kisearch[/member] having some heated disagreements about Jordan Peterson back in the day. Is it just not the case that most people who's opinions are the same, will naturally agree with each other will agree online like irl?

My God, that sounds almost sensible!

Guest alijmitchell

Honestly, what is it with this clique business? Just sounds like sad little bairns whinging on. "Oh the big boys are being bad to me" Boo fucking hoo man.

I don’t think there’s a clique as such. Most posters are absolutely sound. There’s certainly a herd mentality if something is posted that people don’t agree with though. No different to Twitter and co in that sense. There’s not a lot of room for a nuanced opinion.

But overall it’s a great site ?

Guest alijmitchell

Anyway, I swear if this happens I'm going to be floating about my house for weeks. Already got the wee man singing Toon Toon!

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway in amongst all of you waffling on like Boris Johnson last night is there any takeover news?

3.00pm briefing tomorrow apparently.

No news today.

I'm going to say strong rumours wednesday eve, leading to an official comment on Thursday.

Cans Thursday night, into Friday and then continuing on until Sunday afternoon when more cans will be purchased.

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Its a clique i tell ya , a clique !

I don't think there is a 'clique' on here, what we do have is a group of very regular posters who tend to 'listen to' eachother and 'quote' eachother, and that seems fine, as they are the ones who have 'put the work in on here' and kept this forum going for years.

I have been on here for many years, but I don't post too often, so consequently I don't get "quoted or re-quoted" all that often either . . but I think that is ok.

We have some very good regular posters on here, who I enjoy reading !!

I've been on here about 11 years now and I've noticed there's a massive clique which has gradually become worse over the years and sadly turned what was a very active board into what had became a ghost town up until the takeover news.

It got to the point where you find yourself checking and rechecking your post before you press "post" to try and eliminate unusual culprits ripping it to shreds. In other words there was no fun in the place anymore which is why so many people walked away.

Hopefully there'll be an introduction of new posters join if this takeover goes through and maybe it can get back to where it once was because it was dying on its arse up until a couple of months ago.

This forum has lost long-time contributors due to the state of the club under Mike Ashley and the capitulation to, if not outright support for, the status quo from many supporters. They didn’t leave because some forum in-group hurt their feelings.

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Who uses the term "ass hats"?

Anyway, what point have you been trying to make which people are slagging you off for?

Not sure he's saying he has been slagged off mind.  I kind of agree, there's been a few on here mention something they've heard, been slated and basically branded as Odin mkII :lol:

I don't get it, if someone says something, take it with a pinch of salt, even if they're right, it means nowt until it's announced officially anyway.

That's because almost every single one of these pieces of "info" are absolute bollocks and people are tired of it, tetchy, and bored of being fed lies from every single direction. You can't expect people not to get annoyed when another piece of ITK crap appears and turns out to be, yet again, a load of old horseshit.

Spot on, sick of the speculation and the so called ITK , complete dreamers and bullshitters

Also its a case that being in the same place for 10+ years is a long time, and people naturally just move on dependant on what is happening in there life.

The thing I find funniest about all this is that if any of the people saying this bollocks ventured into the politics thread, they'd see members of the clique that supposedly only ever agree with each other regularly tearing strips off one another.

Lives have been taken in Shoe Council

Who uses the term "ass hats"?

Anyway, what point have you been trying to make which people are slagging you off for?

Not sure he's saying he has been slagged off mind.  I kind of agree, there's been a few on here mention something they've heard, been slated and basically branded as Odin mkII :lol:

I don't get it, if someone says something, take it with a pinch of salt, even if they're right, it means nowt until it's announced officially anyway.

That's because almost every single one of these pieces of "info" are absolute bollocks and people are tired of it, tetchy, and bored of being fed lies from every single direction. You can't expect people not to get annoyed when another piece of ITK crap appears and turns out to be, yet again, a load of old horseshit.

Spot on, sick of the speculation and the so called ITK , complete dreamers and bullshitters

I agree, the ITK crap is tedious. ?

How about YOU give it a rest and let people talk about what they f***ing want to? Just because you don't want to read it or want to ignore it, doesn't mean everyone else wants to. Bet you're exactly the sort of person that cries on about snowflakes anarl.

Turn off the swear filter (or stop adding asterisks) - it helps get your anger across better, and is also more fun to read  :thup:

The general apathy I've felt with football in general has definitely contributed to me posting less, it's unfortunate that apathy has lasted since 2009, anyway surely everyone knows the NFL thread is the place to be.  HTT even seems to have found his way there in the form of Shak.

I also regularly read the Sunderland and Middlesbrough boards and despite them performing even worse than us over the past Decade they certainly haven't had the huge drop off in posters this one has.

There's certainly more to it than team performance. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

You got pelters because you were a prick.  One minute slagging the fans attending, the next you were going to the match, then back to slagging the fans before 'oh, whoops, got a season ticket'.

So little self-awareness it's unreal.

You get pelters for that yet 4 years ago someone told me they wanted Adam Johnson to rape my then 3 year old son which most of the usual suspects found hilarious.

Such a bizarre place really.

What a load of bollocks.

The general apathy I've felt with football in general has definitely contributed to me posting less, it's unfortunate that apathy has lasted since 2009, anyway surely everyone knows the NFL thread is the place to be.  HTT even seems to have found his way there in the form of Shak.

I also regularly read the Sunderland and Middlesbrough boards and despite them performing even worse than us over the past Decade they certainly haven't had the huge drop off in posters this one has.

There's certainly more to it than team performance. Anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves.

You got pelters because you were a prick.  One minute slagging the fans attending, the next you were going to the match, then back to slagging the fans before 'oh, whoops, got a season ticket'.

So little self-awareness it's unreal.

You get pelters for that yet 4 years ago someone told me they wanted Adam Johnson to rape my then 3 year old son which most of the usual suspects found hilarious.

Such a bizarre place really.

What a load of bollocks.

Yep, I’d have every confidence that anyone who said anything like that would not be on this forum much longer thereafter.