Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest The Little Waster

I don't really care what other clubs fans think.

I've zero interest in being football friends with other clubs

That's not the point, it's about some (particularly on Twitter) maybe needing to take a step back and think about what the way they're going on.

I'm not sure whether people realise that outside of the NUFC bubble it's not him that looks deranged either like. :lol:

Aye, Delaney has been objective and professional in his coverage throughout.. It's just this goddamn NUFC bubble, distorting our perceptions. But thankfully, not yours kisearch - you remain the real winner in this quest for superiority.

I'm not sure whether people realise that outside of the NUFC bubble it's not him that looks deranged either like. :lol:

NUFC fans hanging around a court case which has nothing to do with the club is one thing, but a sports journalist who's doing the same just to bait fans is fucking pathetic. But he's not obsessed and he needs defending from the nasty toon fans.  :lol:

I don't think he needs defending, I'm just saying that it's not him that's seen as being  this, that, and the other outside of our NUFC bubble.

Well you've come in attacking the fans which is very much a roundabout way of defending him. He's a cunt playing a cunts trick and has been throughout. He's had a lot of stick and tbh, its now fully deserved. He baits, gets personal, doesn't answer valid questions and blocks those who wind him up in return. He stalks anything NUFC (such as court cases of a prospective owner and antagonises with childish comments) and regurgitates it moulded in to what fits his agenda against the fans and club. It used to be about the takeover, that ship has sailed, its now personal, but it was him who forced it down that route.

Who outside the NUFC bubble thinks him baiting the fans is fair play? Either fans of other clubs or journo's with the same shite patter than him are excluded as to their biased. I've seen the likes of Caulkin take him to town on his comments, was quite funny as he couldn't just brush him off or block him like he does with others.

I dunno, I think calling what I said attacking is kind of what I'm getting at in terms of the over-the-top siege mentality that's taking over with this deal. The amount of energy being wasted on trying to invalidate and in some cases cancel a journalist must be emotionally exhausting.

Aye, Delaney has been objective and professional in his coverage throughout.. It's just this goddamn NUFC bubble, distorting our perceptions. But thankfully, not yours kisearch - you remain the real winner in this quest for superiority.

That's exactly what it is though. You're telling me that he's said something worthy of the way people are going on? Or that the same Newcastle fans who have been going around trying to get him sacked, looking for ideological inconsistency in his work, and who just generally want him to shut up and go away are all otherwise supporters of cancel culture? This entire deal is NUFC exceptionalism to a lot of people, never mind spats with journos, so I can't see how anyone can imply being in the NUFC bubble hasn't distorted perceptions.

NUFC fans hanging around a court case which has nothing to do with the club is one thing, but a sports journalist who's doing the same just to bait fans is fucking pathetic. But he's not obsessed and he needs defending from the nasty toon fans.  :lol:

I don't think he needs defending, I'm just saying that it's not him that's seen as being  this, that, and the other outside of our NUFC bubble.

I agree. Delaney's a fucking prick.

That's not the point, it's about some (particularly on Twitter) maybe needing to take a step back and think about what the way they're going on.

Yes, his name is Miguel.  :lol:

Wey don't say no one inside the bubble never said anything. :lol:

Back on topic and whilst this has probably been answered amongst the maelstrom of preceding shite that I cant be arsed reading but......

Why do people think the WTO report is going to trigger premier league support? I've read that approval will be after it is published but I would have thought that it would be more likely to be the trigger to reject the Saudis if it states unequivocally that there is a link between them and beoutq.  Like a cloak to hide behind and justify rejection.

I know it's petty but still funny as fuck.  :lol:

Back on topic and whilst this has probably been answered amongst the maelstrom of preceding shite that I cant be arsed reading but......

Why do people think the WTO report is going to trigger premier league support? I've read that approval will be after it is published but I would have thought that it would be more likely to be the trigger to reject the Saudis if it states unequivocally that there is a link between them and beoutq.  Like a cloak to hide behind and justify rejection.

I thought that myself.

I thought that myself.

In among the maelstrom of information over the past 8/9 weeks, there was someone on Twitter (I know), if the report is damaging to the PIF, they can appeal it which effectively renders it useless.

Whether any of that is correct, who knows. Seems way too simplistic to me to be a possibility.

I'm of the same opinion, I think the PL might be looking for a way out rather than a reason to rubber stamp the deal. Otherwise they could have passed this a while back, then I would have thought they could claim they acted on the knowledge they had at the time. By waiting for the WTO report, they are only giving themselves a better chance of rejecting it.

Although I claimed the contrary a few days ago, it is true that the report will NOT be published if either side appeals, as it will be rendered incomplete and potentially false. It's very likely that parts of it will be leaked publicly by the Qatari side though, as it's will undoubtedly rule against KSA. The appeal procedure could last 60-90 days.

The WTO site is very informative and functional.

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/whatis_e/tif_e/disp1_e.htm

Sorry to keep labouring this but PIF cant appeal because it isnt against them is it? They declared independence in this so they wont in theory see the report

So if they’re independent the PL can’t use the report to block the deal.

Guest godzilla

How can they appeal before its published?

Because I would imagine they will be in receipt of the report before the official publication date for this exact reason. How do you think the Premier League received a copy of the report?

Guest godzilla

Sorry to keep labouring this but PIF cant appeal because it isnt against them is it? They declared independence in this so they wont in theory see the report

This is the whole basis of why or why not the takeover will or will not be accepted/declined. However, the Saudi government will see the report and will without question I would imagine appeal the findings subject to the report implicating the state.

Yeah, I'm sure the PL will just take their word for it. :lol:

Guest godzilla

Yeah, I'm sure the PL will just take their word for it. :lol:

That will be in the hands of both sets of lawyers to establish that.