Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I know the intention is positive for the club and of course the league would find an excuse to block it for money reasons (and then no doubt flaunt their ethics), but you all know KSA are guilty as all hell of this don't you? I do appreciate it's all some proxy war with Qatar who are not good guys, but you know KSA is blatently behind Beout...

:thup:

Guest awaymag

And like we give a shit of a piracy war between KSA and Qatar!  Just cause PIF may take 80% stake in Nufc, doesn't mean the average fan has to pick a side.  Its between KSA and Qatar, it irrelevant to me!

If money talked that loudly, they wouldn't be so determined to no-deal BREXIT the country. In fact they wouldn't have got behind BREXIT at all.

Given that this'll cost the country tens of billions, whilst I'm sure they'd prefer the Saudi investment I doubt our rich, London-centric Tory government will lose *that* much sleep over a provincial northern town losing a few million in investment.

Is this even serious? ?

Guest godzilla

I know the intention is positive for the club and of course the league would find an excuse to block it for money reasons (and then no doubt flaunt their ethics), but you all know KSA are guilty as all hell of this don't you? I do appreciate it's all some proxy war with Qatar who are not good guys, but you know KSA is blatently behind Beout...

All boils down to the question, are PIF a separate legal entity; and if they are, then are they directly part in anyway with BeoutQ

Guest awaymag

It's not irrelevant if it stops the takeover.

I was responding to Si comment that said 'but you know KSA is blatently behind Beout...'

Guest chopey

Obviously they are guilty but I couldn't give two fucks, NUFC are neither a moral compass, the line on the same or the club to be made an example of.

As a family since 1980 I need this takeover, I dont need £500million players or a striker on a million a week but I need a bit of hope in a team that will grow organically with the city and surrounding area, a team that will have ambition to be more than a trinket on a fat man's neckless, a poster board for tat.

Anyone that finds an excuse not to want that must have enjoyed the past 13 years of Sports Direct United.

From the start of this thread until now the same comments are just being posted over and over again. The same arguments. Same opinions.

There hasn’t been anything newsworthy about it in weeks and yet we’re still somehow posting 15+ pages every day, thank fuck we’ll be able to go back to complaining about how shite of a manager Steve Bruce is soon ? anything to distract from this..

Guest chopey

From the start of this thread until now the same comments are just being posted over and over again. The same arguments. Same opinions.

There hasn’t been anything newsworthy about it in weeks and yet we’re still somehow posting 15+ pages every day, thank fuck we’ll be able to go back to complaining about how shite of a manager Steve Bruce is soon ? anything to distract from this..

This is true

All boils down to the question, are PIF a separate legal entity; and if they are, then are they directly part in anyway with BeoutQ

If that were all it boils down to it wouldn't have taken this long to reach a conclusion.

I’m kind of with you here :lol:

So many opinions, so few facts

The government was always going to indicate support.

Prior to the last election, Johnson made commitments to increase investment in the North of England.  This takeover is a way for Johnson to say "promise kept" without having to spend any government money.  From the government's perspective this takeover is manna from heaven.

Guest godzilla

If that were all it boils down to it wouldn't have taken this long to reach a conclusion.

Trying to prove things legally can be a minefield at times.

Guest godzilla

There hasn’t been anything newsworthy about it in weeks and yet we’re still somehow posting 15+ pages every day, thank f*** we’ll be able to go back to complaining about how s**** of a manager Steve Bruce is soon ? anything to distract from this..

I’m kind of with you here :lol:

So many opinions, so few facts

It is nobody knows for sure what the fuck is actually happening.

That note from the government sounds like a subtle 'push this through'. They can't comment, but they support the country's efforts, which in this instance, are buying Newcastle.

Don't see how you could view this in any other way tbh, given the deluge of protests from human rights lobby groups and widow letters published in the media. The timing is pretty significant, they could have just kept out of it, but it does make me slightly more optimistic the PL will do the right thing and pass this according to their own standards applied over the last few years.

Guest chopey

Who did the government send the letter to?

I got one off Boris but the mop haired cunt never even mentioned Newcastle

People moaning about this thread, yes there’s been some s*** posted, I don’t exclude myself either.

However, It’s a good release when you get pi#%ed off about this takeover, and the way the media have reported on it.

If this takeover has done anything it’s given us all something else to think about, just think it must have been pretty boring supporting a normal club over these last few weeks.

End of the day it’s a forum for opinions and comments, if everyone only ever posted facts it would be a pretty boring place.

Sure, I get that.

But it’s been weeks of ‘what I reckon right....’ about any new rumour, tweet or facial expression. Kind of gets a bit wearing.

The government was always going to indicate support.

Prior to the last election, Johnson made commitments to increase investment in the North of England.  This takeover is a way for Johnson to say "promise kept" without having to spend any government money.  From the government's perspective this takeover is manna from heaven.

this is one (of two) of the main reasons why I have always felt 100% certain that this takeover will happen.

The other main reason is that, as far as I can work out, the 'sale' has commercially ALREADY HAPPENED !!