Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Daft question alert...do the Middle East all speak the same language?

Arabic ( ? )

I didn’t know if there were variations of it or not.

Just wondered why BeIN were awarded the rights to all of the Middle East, we don’t do that for other areas do we? Seems it’s split across Europe, I might be wrong.

Arabic ( ? )

Just wondered why BeIN were awarded the rights to all of the Middle East, we don’t do that for other areas do we? Seems it’s split across Europe, I might be wrong.

Pretty sure the Scandinavian rights are sold to the same company.

Arabic ( ? )

Pretty sure the Scandinavian rights are sold to the same company.

I’m pretty much pissing in the wind so you’re probably right. The irony is the PL created this mess by not splitting tv rights in areas where countries are near war. Surely it’s not that much hassle to split them out? Again, lot of assumptions, no idea how it works.

Its going to be a beutiful sight, rafa back in the dugout ,flags ,amandas locks flowing in the breeze :smitten:, days away now ..its almost upon us , the dream a reality :drool:

I think i need to go back to bed

I read that as Amandas flaps flowing in the breeze.  :yikes:

Its going to be a beutiful sight, rafa back in the dugout ,flags ,amandas locks flowing in the breeze :smitten:, days away now ..its almost upon us , the dream a reality :drool:

I think i need to go back to bed

I read that as Amandas flaps flowing in the breeze.  :yikes:

:lol:

Andrew Marr drops a bombshell, looks like a deal between Qatar and the Saudis needs to happen before the takeover

Hope that's not actually the case since it could be a deal breaker. I mean it's fine for the FA to try and get that to happen, but it shouldn't really impact the decision ultimately.

He didn't say anything of the sort. He was interviewing Roberto Azevêdo from the WTO who said there would be a ruling, but wouldn't be drawn on when or if it had already been made, and said it would be between the two countries to come to a resolution.

He didn't say anything of the sort. He was interviewing Roberto Azevêdo from the WTO who said there would be a ruling, but wouldn't be drawn on when or if it had already been made, and said it would be between the two countries to come to a resolution.

This is what I saw too. I actually think there's a lot to be optimistic about. KSA cant just ignore this report and its findings and will need to seek a resolution with Qatar. Qatar too will want reparations and so surely it stands to reason that once that has been resolved the takeover will be free to be pushed through.

It would explain why the PL.havent rejected it yet, it seems to me that they're waiting for the report to be released so that that can be resolved which would leave them free to ok the takeover without repercussions from both sides.

So some probably flawed logic on this piracy guff....Qatar object to to broadcasts being stolen, but at the same time won't allow any legitimate way for KSA to access.

Glib as hell, but what did they expect?

Guest chopey

This is what I saw too. I actually think there's a lot to be optimistic about. KSA cant just ignore this report and its findings and will need to seek a resolution with Qatar. Qatar too will want reparations and so surely it stands to reason that once that has been resolved the takeover will be free to be pushed through.

It would explain why the PL.havent rejected it yet, it seems to me that they're waiting for the report to be released so that that can be resolved which would leave them free to ok the takeover without repercussions from both sides.

Is that not what I said ?

Is that not what I said ?

It is certainly exactly what I said only this morning . . .

More like anxious week ahead is my guess, press will have a field day when this WTO report is released.

Genuinely think if we hear this week it’ll be bad news, as they’ll be using WTO report as cover.

I feel the opposite of that.

The Premier League know that (commercially) the deal is done, the club is sold, and they also know that their League needs us and the Saudi's money, rather than letting it go elsewhere in these financially 'devastating' times that are ahead in the UK. It is difficult to overstate how bad our Financial Crash is going to be.

So, they are desperate to approve the takeover, but they KNOW how much high profile (but irrelevant) 'flack' they will get when they approve it, so they are going to use the WTO Report Findings as their 'explanation' that it was NOT 'PIF' (the legal entity) who were responsible for the Piracy.

That is how I see it playing out - so expect to hear very good news this week . . .

For me the WTO timing is a red herring. The PL will have already seen it’s contents, and from previous suggestions are deeming pif as an org not a country. They’ll have also been told unofficially by the gov to put this through, the only spanner is BeIN, they don’t want to fuck them off so are making sure their decision to approve cannot be questioned from a piracy view based on evidence presented. Unofficially though there will be talks on how to resolve it properly so BeIN, the pl and KSA all win.

Yes, the Premier League have 'seen' the WTO Report, but the point is until it is published they cannot use that report as their evidence (explanation why) they are approving the takeover.

The 'publishing' of the report is the important factor here.

So some probably flawed logic on this piracy guff....Qatar object to to broadcasts being stolen, but at the same time won't allow any legitimate way for KSA to access.

Think it was KSA that blocked access for their citizens rather than Qatar turning the stream off for KSA

It's Saudi Arabia who are blocking access to Qatar's services, which is part of a wider diplomatic conflict over Qatar's ties to Iran.

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Isn't It because it can be appealed when published? In which case they wouldn't be able to use the judgement...

Thing is though KSA can just ignore this report. They don’t have to come to a resolution with their regional rival/ enemy Qatar if they don’t want to.

Thing is though KSA can just ignore this report. They don’t have to come to a resolution with their regional rival/ enemy Qatar if they don’t want to.

Am I correct in thinking that BeoutQ was still in operation (officially) when Qatar made the complaint to the WTO?

The fact that it’s been all but shut down now must play into the judgement. It would be unprecedented to declare that KSA had a direct hand in building/distributing the platform, and I don’t think they could find any evidence of that anyway.

So at worst all they can say is that they took too long in shutting it down.

I think the language will be balanced in the report. At the end of the day they want to resolve the dispute. Being overly critical of KSA won’t achieve that.

With that in mind I can’t see how the PL can take that as a smoking gun to fail the O&D’s test.

Think they’re just waiting for it because that’s what they have to do.

Surely if they are waiting for the report, it’s because they will use it to block the takeover, otherwise why else would they be waiting, it would have been passed by now surely.

Isn't It because it can be appealed when published? In which case they wouldn't be able to use the judgement...

So does that mean the whole report is meaningless to this takeover ? If so why wait for it at all?