Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

More like anxious week ahead is my guess, press will have a field day when this WTO report is released.

Best we can hope is that it finds they could have done more to prevent. If it goes as far as saying their behind it brace yourself.

Genuinely think if we hear this week it’ll be bad news, as they’ll be using WTO report as cover.

My guess is it drags on and it gets approved once the football is back underway.

Is this WTO report going to be made public?

Is the best case scenario that the report says they could have done more to stop it rather than they were behind it?

And even if the report does say the Saudis are behind it, will it matter anyway if PIF aren't mentioned in it?

It’ll appear on their website at some point this week, but with these bodies there can always be delays so who knows.

The Guardian reported that it was a slam dunk for Qatar to quote them, so I would imagine that is the best the Saudis can hope for.

That’s the key question and nobody really knows the answer to that part from the premier league.

I still find it hard to believe that 17m would’ve been put down without calculating all these possibilities. Or have the buyers grossly underestimated the situation? ?‍♂️

I'm thinking the latter.

You do get the sense that things have been stalled in line with this WTO release. I guess we’ll have to wait and see ?

The premier league have had the WTO report for over a month. It has since been confirmed that talks remain ongoing/questions asked. Waiting for its public release to say no doesn't make sense. More likely it will continue to be used as leverage.

I still find it hard to believe that 17m would’ve been put down without calculating all these possibilities. Or have the buyers grossly underestimated the situation? ?‍♂️

I'm thinking the latter.

You do get the sense that things have been stalled in line with this WTO release. I guess we’ll have to wait and see ?

It still all depends on the legal status of PIF being a separate entity, if, and it looks like they are a separate entity, then it should go through. It’s worth reading the legal opinion of a barrister, not the entire report, the conclusion. Mind it’s only a legal opinion but has much more substance than claims on here that it’s part of the Saudi state.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-and-the-premier-leagues-owners-and-directors-test

Bit left field but, different bloke I know told me mate of his in the police says they were called into SJP to pre warn them that there is an expected announcement next week. The bloke isn’t a bull shitter and I know it’s a strange bit of news and could be simply notice that some idiots may turn up for the game on Wednesday. Anyways, the filth have been put on notice......

What game on Wednesday?

Sorry Sheff Utd. Bit nuts I know, reckons the it kosher though

After your last prediction about 6 or 7 weeks ago I'm treating this information a bit cautiously

Nah, last info was from immediate family who had first hand info from a good mate who’s dad is stadium manager at NUFC who’d had a call from Llambias to say it’d been done. I can absolutely vouch for that, this info is from a bloke I know who doesn’t usually say anything and came out with this today. Eddie Rutherford is the stadium manager and my step son is mates with his son. Guess it’s ok to say this know as that was weeks ago. It’s all changed since then.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Went to bed last night and realised I’d typed Llambias instead of Charnley - apologies - blame the wine. Anyway, the police bit stands for what it’s worth......

Or the “filth” as you nicely put it. The same “filth” who put themselves in harms way yesterday defending the city from anarchy.

Nice.

Apologies for that as well, tough night. Should add that I was assaulted by a nice policeman who broke my nose for no other reason than he could once upon a time. I’ll call him a thug instead and I’ll call his colleagues who somehow didn’t see it liars and a disgrace to the force.

Went to bed last night and realised I’d typed Llambias instead of Charnley - apologies - blame the wine. Anyway, the police bit stands for what it’s worth......

Or the “filth” as you nicely put it. The same “filth” who put themselves in harms way yesterday defending the city from anarchy.

Nice.

Apologies for that as well, tough night. Should add that I was assaulted by a nice policeman who broke my nose for no other reason than he could once upon a time. I’ll call him a thug instead and I’ll call his colleagues who somehow didn’t see it liars and a disgrace to the force.

So right first time, filth.

More like anxious week ahead is my guess, press will have a field day when this WTO report is released.

Genuinely think if we hear this week it’ll be bad news, as they’ll be using WTO report as cover.

I feel the opposite of that.

The Premier League know that (commercially) the deal is done, the club is sold, and they also know that their League needs us and the Saudi's money, rather than letting it go elsewhere in these financially 'devastating' times that are ahead in the UK. It is difficult to overstate how bad our Financial Crash is going to be.

So, they are desperate to approve the takeover, but they KNOW how much high profile (but irrelevant) 'flack' they will get when they approve it, so they are going to use the WTO Report Findings as their 'explanation' that it was NOT 'PIF' (the legal entity) who were responsible for the Piracy.

That is how I see it playing out - so expect to hear very good news this week . . .

The Premier League know that (commercially) the deal is done, the club is sold, and they also know that their League needs us and the Saudi's money, rather than letting it go elsewhere in these financially 'devastating' times that are ahead in the UK. It is difficult to overstate how bad our Financial Crash is going to be.

So, they are desperate to approve the takeover, but they KNOW how much high profile (but irrelevant) 'flack' they will get when they approve it, so they are going to use the WTO Report Findings as their 'explanation' that it was NOT 'PIF' (the legal entity) who were responsible for the Piracy.

That is how I see it playing out - so expect to hear very good news this week . . .

Really hope your right and I’m wrong but we’ll see.

I'm thinking the latter.

It still all depends on the legal status of PIF being a separate entity, if, and it looks like they are a separate entity, then it should go through. It’s worth reading the legal opinion of a barrister, not the entire report, the conclusion. Mind it’s only a legal opinion but has much more substance than claims on here that it’s part of the Saudi state.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-and-the-premier-leagues-owners-and-directors-test

That last bit.

∆ On 2 June 2020 Qatari- and Saudi- based lawyers provided confirmation to this author that KSA PIF is a separate legal entity.

I said back in the middle of May we won’t see a conclusion until the season is back and Now it looks very likely to happen. For me they don’t want to be seen putting this through until they’ve made sure everything is ok with the league and can’t be accused of splitting time, especially if it’s costs lives further down the line. They can also let it through when all eyes are on football and the return so football writers focus is on that and the likes of Miguel the cunt Delaney have something else to do.

I had previously thought it was just waiting for official sign off (that’s from the unofficial green light stories) and that might still be the case, all the work is done and it’s simply sitting there waiting on top brass to sign off however the league is priority and once that’s away then they can let this go.

For me the WTO timing is a red herring. The PL will have already seen it’s contents, and from previous suggestions are deeming pif as an org not a country. They’ll have also been told unofficially by the gov to put this through, the only spanner is BeIN, they don’t want to fuck them off so are making sure their decision to approve cannot be questioned from a piracy view based on evidence presented. Unofficially though there will be talks on how to resolve it properly so BeIN, the pl and KSA all win.

Guest The Little Waster

WTO bloke just been on Marr and Marr asked him about the takeover . Is Marr a toon fan ?

Guest chopey

Andrew Marr drops a bombshell, looks like a deal between Qatar and the Saudis needs to happen before the takeover

I'm thinking the latter.

That last bit.

∆ On 2 June 2020 Qatari- and Saudi- based lawyers provided confirmation to this author that KSA PIF is a separate legal entity.

Ultimately that’s what it’s all about.

For me the WTO timing is a red herring. The PL will have already seen it’s contents, and from previous suggestions are deeming pif as an org not a country. They’ll have also been told unofficially by the gov to put this through, the only spanner is BeIN, they don’t want to fuck them off so are making sure their decision to approve cannot be questioned from a piracy view based on evidence presented. Unofficially though there will be talks on how to resolve it properly so BeIN, the pl and KSA all win.

Yes, the Premier League have 'seen' the WTO Report, but the point is until it is published they cannot use that report as their evidence (explanation why) they are approving the takeover.

The 'publishing' of the report is the important factor here.

Guest The Little Waster

Said looking to descalate tensions between Q and SA but also that they take issue of piracy very seriously - deal on tv rights in the offing ?

Guest The Little Waster

Daft question alert...do the Middle East all speak the same language?

Arabic ( ? )