Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Said weeks back that we could well be in the appeal stage. Nothing that's happened since has changed my mind, quite the reverse.

same here - also nothing to say there has to be a hard fail anyway is there?  could just be an ongoing series of clarifications/evidence and questions that the WTO report threw into disarray a bit and required further action from SA side which is likely why we're seeing what we've seen this last week

it'll still happen imo

Like I said.

Newcastle fans need constant positive reinforcement

I think we have been incredibly patient, can you see the Man U or Liverpool fans being as patient as us?

Would be interesting to see what sort of support either of them would get if they went 50 years without a trophy.

So basically at the beginning of the week everyone had convinced themselves it was pretty much certain it was about to be announced as cleared, and cos that hasn't happened this week, everyone has now convinced themselves it's almost certainly getting rejected?

So basically at the beginning of the week everyone had convinced themselves it was pretty much certain it was about to be announced as cleared, and cos that hasn't happened this week, everyone has now convinced themselves it's almost certainly getting rejected?

This is legitimately the same cycle every week

I think "fail" is the wrong word. Its more that their is a set of criteria required to own a football club and the new owners need to prove or amend their situation so that they fit into that criteria.

As ive said before, if PIF have their hand in 100 companies, then each one of those companies will need vetted. When you combine that with the businesses of Staveley and the Reubens, you can see why it has taken so long.

Like I said.

I think we have been incredibly patient, can you see the Man U or Liverpool fans being as patient as us?

C'mon!  Haven't you seen the news?  Patient scousers have waited 30 years for their title win.  :cheesy:

I think "fail" is the wrong word. Its more that their is a set of criteria required to own a football club and the new owners need to prove or amend their situation so that they fit into that criteria.

As ive said before, if PIF have their hand in 100 companies, then each one of those companies will need vetted. When you combine that with the businesses of Staveley and the Reubens, you can see why it has taken so long.

The test is simply whether the proposed directors have been convicted of any of the offences specified by the test, or would be in this country. If this were to end up in court the burden of proof would be on the PL to prove that the proposed director has or would be convicted of such an offence, rather than the proposed director having to prove that they have not.

Like I said.

Would be interesting to see what sort of support either of them would get if they went 50 years without a trophy.

Liverpools crowds dropped to mid 30,000s under Roy Hodgson when they were mid table and mid 20s under Souness for certain games. Can't believe some of the shite I've been reading about them lately. 30 years of hurt apparently? In that time they've probably scooped around 15 trophies.

I think Bein are applying loads of pressure and PL are working with PIF to mitigate. Bein could be pushing for a rebate due to lack of exclusivity unless assurances are made re. the piracy or to just scupper the test.

PL don't have enough reason to reject whilst also not wanting to spend ££ on a rebate so stuck in the middle. Could also be discussions with SA/PIF on reduced fee for broadcast rights so they can "make good" on Bein.

Probably all bollocks of course  :)