Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest chopey

We just all need to remember, Mike is here forever. New page soothsayer.

Wey nar he'll be gone by the time the season starts

The Saudis will also have known that they’d have to make concessions and promises about piracy going into this. They’ll have planned for it and have put up the deposit in full knowledge of it, including that the WTO report was upcoming. Staveley’s and the Rueben’s legal teams must also have been informed of the issues and been confident that they’d pass.

I’d find it incredible if they’ve completely misjudged the outcome.

It's not that incredible, Saudi Arabia are notorious for misjudging outcomes.

Their response is also predictable - Minimal cooperation. Whatever the WTO report states, they'll deny it. They have no choice really, as every other fucker in the entertainment industry - from Hollywood studios to the Australian Football League is suing them for copyright theft.

Owning NUFC cannot be that important to MBS for him to back down in any way over the Qatar embargo either. If KSA and Qatar somehow strike a deal over this, then we REALLY are heading for world domination.

Guest godzilla

See Edwards is basically saying Caulkin's sources are talking a load of s*** and has a little pop at what he has been reporting (without mentioning his name) in regards to the 'no red flags' as it was Caulkin who first used that term.

As I said earlier, nobody really knows what is happening all opinions and guesswork; and I can see why many are sitting on both sides of the fence, after the constant conflict of reports coming out by different journalists.

Guest godzilla

All seems to boils down to two things

1. Are PIF a seperate legal entity and as such cannot be directly linked to the piracy. If yes, then the Premier League will find it hard legally to turn them down within the test

2. If the above is a no, then can PIF or work out a compromise via KSA to satisfy the Premier League and it's partners regarding the piracy issues

Guest Carrick18

See Edwards is basically saying Caulkin's sources are talking a load of s*** and has a little pop at what he has been reporting (without mentioning his name) in regards to the 'no red flags' as it was Caulkin who first used that term.

As I said earlier, nobody really knows what is happening all opinions and guesswork; and I can see why many are sitting on both sides of the fence, after the constant conflict of reports coming out by different journalists.

Luke's had a shocker during this. Clearly has very few contacts and just prayed that predicting a shit storm would come up good.

And yet here he is, a few weeks previous:

Guest godzilla

Luke's had a shocker during this. Clearly has very few contacts and just prayed that predicting a s*** storm would come up good.

Think the bloke is an absolute busted flush (one or two on here would disagree). He is having a pop at Caulkin and his sources; and yet posted a photo a few days ago of the two of them at the hoppings from a couple of years ago. The bloke is a grade A wanker

Guest godzilla

And yet here he is, a few weeks previous:

Bloke is a wanker

Guest godzilla

As much as I dislike him, he’s not wrong.

He might be though, he, you or I don't know that

it may eventually go through but what he's said there is 100% right what Stavely and co have been leaking to journalists about "no red flags" is clearly complete bollocks as is their bravado that oh it will be done in a few weeks.

Yep absolutely, it’s all guesswork. Including the press, especially the press. I just ignore all these “project fear” pieces for the most part now. It’s 99% the same story with a different sensationalist headline designed to get clicks and upset people. Fuck them, I’m not biting.

If I did I’d be stressing that this takeover would collapse every night, and then somehow find it still ongoing the next day. Rinse and repeat.

It’s been almost 9 weeks since the documents were sent in. Not ideal but not insane either given everything else that’s been going on.

Everyone is coming from a point where they assume work on this has been happening the whole time, we might only be 3-4 weeks into the process in relation to resources available if there was no pandemic.

Again, that’s just a thought and am not basing it on anything other than a guess.

1. Are PIF a seperate legal entity and as such cannot be directly linked to the piracy. If yes, then the Premier League will find it hard legally to turn them down within the test

2. If the above is a no, then can PIF or work out a compromise via KSA to satisfy the Premier League and it's partners regarding the piracy issues

PIF is by definition an investment vehicle of the Saudi government - a sovereign wealth fund. Sovereign stands for state-owned. Even if it was not central to MBS' vision 2030 fairy-tales, even if he was not explicitly named as Chairman, even if KSA was not an absolute monarchy - the link to the government is crystal clear.

For instance, BeIN's claims in front of the WTO arbitrage are against the government of KSA.

FWIW, I think it all comes down to one thing:

- The PL is already in a billion pound relationship with Nasser Al-Khelaifi who apart from bein BeIN owner, appears to be one of the most corrupt football officials ever and the figurehead of their whole WC bid.

edit: Two things after all:

- Saudi Arabia is not Qatar or the flashy Emirates. It's still largely a black box to the Western world. The law and the people are ultra-conservative. There are people in the Royal family, who were born with millions but prefer to lead a tribal Bedouin-like existence in the desert.. living in tents, hunting foxes and stuff.

Even in 10 years, Saudi Arabia will not be able to match the quality of production of Al-Jazeera's (BeIN). Never mind advertising revenue - 90% of western world adverts, shown on BeIN would be considered immoral to air in KSA.

It's easy to see why the PL might side with their Qatari partners.

Guest godzilla

it may eventually go through but what he's said there is 100% right what Stavely and co have been leaking to journalists about "no red flags" is clearly complete bollocks as is their bravado that oh it will be done in a few weeks.

You maybe right, but nobody knows until the actual decision has been made and the facts have come out. All that's happening at the moment is opinion and guesswork from everyone.

Guest godzilla

PIF is by definition an investment vehicle of the Saudi government - a sovereign wealth fund. Sovereign stands for state-owned. Even if it was not central to MBS' vision 2030 fairy-tales, even if he was not explicitly named as Chairman, even if KSA was not an absolute monarchy - the link to the government is crystal clear.

For instance, BeIN's claims in front of the WTO arbitrage are against the government of KSA.

FWIW, I think it all comes down to one thing:

- The PL is already in a billion pound relationship with Nasser Al-Khelaifi who apart from bein BeIN owner, appears to be one of the most corrupt football officials ever and the figurehead of their whole WC bid.

edit: Two things after all:

- Saudi Arabia is not Qatar or the flashy Emirates. It's still largely a black box to the Western world. The law and the people are ultra-conservative. There are people in the Royal family, who were born with millions but prefer to lead a tribal Bedouin-like existence in the desert.. living in tents, hunting foxes and stuff.

Even in 10 years, Saudi Arabia will not be able to match the quality of production of Al-Jazeera's (BeIN). Never mind advertising revenue - 90% of western world adverts, shown on BeIN would be considered immoral to air in KSA.

It's easy to see why the PL might side with their Qatari partners.

I don't know to be honest I'm just going off the football law article the barrister, who said he has seen evidence (from both the Saudi and Quatar side) to say they are a separate entity.

Guest godzilla

Yep absolutely, it’s all guesswork. Including the press, especially the press. I just ignore all these “project fear” pieces for the most part now. It’s 99% the same story with a different sensationalist headline designed to get clicks and upset people. f*** them, I’m not biting.

If I did I’d be stressing that this takeover would collapse every night, and then somehow find it still ongoing the next day. Rinse and repeat.

It’s been almost 9 weeks since the documents were sent in. Not ideal but not insane either given everything else that’s been going on.

Everyone is coming from a point where they assume work on this has been happening the whole time, we might only be 3-4 weeks into the process in relation to resources available if there was no pandemic.

Again, that’s just a thought and am not basing it on anything other than a guess.

:thup:

Luke's had a shocker during this. Clearly has very few contacts and just prayed that predicting a shit storm would come up good.

He's obviously desperate for the takeover to fall through. Every time a negative article becomes public he seems to get all excited and goes off on a twitter rampage with baffling tweets. The guy is a fucking idiot. When documents went public on companies house didn't he try and play them down and then said he didn't understand them?

The guy has made a complete arse of himself ever since Bruce arrived here.

Luke's had a shocker during this. Clearly has very few contacts and just prayed that predicting a s*** storm would come up good.

He's obviously desperate for the takeover to fall through. Every time a negative article becomes public he seems to get all excited and goes off on a twitter rampage with baffling tweets. The guy is a f***ing idiot. When documents went public on companies house didn't he try and play them down and then said he didn't understand them?

The guy has made a complete arse of himself ever since Bruce arrived here.

Yeah think his credibility is shot in relation to the takeover. His story about Mauriss the other day was s%%t aswell, he climbs on the back of other people’s stories with his own negative spin.

Guest chopey

I'm convinced it's all sorted, by the time the season starts we'll be Ashley free and looking at a fresh start.

I think you're in for a bit of a depressing surprise if you expect it done any time soon.

Yeah, it looks no where near sorted. Hope I'm wrong mind but just cant see it being sorted this month at all.

I think you're in for a bit of a depressing surprise if you expect it done any time soon.

Yeah, it looks no where near sorted. Hope I'm wrong mind but just cant see it being sorted this month at all.

Don’t think either buyer or seller has expected the level of resistance. The feeling now is the delay is now how to stop it rather than go through.

No. Caulkin obviously has sources close to the deal, he'll report what they tell him and with the usual caution. Edwards on the other hand has no access to anyone. He's passionately dedicated to reduce the importance of other reporters work, that's his only claim to relevance as he has no idea what's going on himself.