Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Once the WTO report is made public the Premier League will reject this takeover and we can get back to normal. Hopefully the Saudis don't appeal and we can draw a line under all this.

Aye, here's to 13 more years of being s***. :thup:

We've been s*** throughout most of our history other than for a few years at the start of the 1900s, the 1950s, a few years in the mid 90s and a few years at the start of this Century. So about 20/25 good years out of 128!

And here we have our best chance ever to become one of the best clubs in the World, but f*** that.

We don't have a chance. It's not going through and it never was. Of course I'd have loved this takeover to happen mate but I'm also a realist.

You give us 0% chance of getting a deal that is currently being negotiated  being completed. Yet in the mackem thread, somehow you wish that Donald is chased out of town and the Americans who lent them £10m will come to their rescue. You have more faith in a team that will spend a 3rd year in division 3 than your own club that you say have been s*** apart from the 50s and 60s. You do feel sorry for them don't you?

Have no idea how your mind works but I'm impressed.

For those of you who have listened to Caulkin’s “Pod on the Tyne”.....I read the following comment from someone on Reddit.

“Suggests that the tests last week had been “unofficially” completed, hence all the mad reports that we’d been given the green light, but before they are “officially” signed off, the PL are trying to work with the Saudis to appease Bein Sports and come together with a solution to make the takeover approval legally watertight and satisfactory for all.”

Is there any truth in these thoughts or has someone just misread/heard/made up their report of the Pod.

For those of you who have listened to Caulkin’s “Pod on the Tyne”.....I read the following comment from someone on Reddit.

“Suggests that the tests last week had been “unofficially” completed, hence all the mad reports that we’d been given the green light, but before they are “officially” signed off, the PL are trying to work with the Saudis to appease Bein Sports and come together with a solution to make the takeover approval legally watertight and satisfactory for all.”

Is there any truth in these thoughts or has someone just misread/heard/made up their report of the Pod.

Is this the recent pod? Thought those green light and unofficial madness were from 2 or 3 weeks back, not last week.

About that aye. Have a listen, he explains that in the first 5 minutes or so of the podcast.

I know this has probably been discussed ad nauseum. But is what was supposedly given to the PL the same is what is going to be released publicly from the WTO?

If so, is it not a positive that we are still supposedly going back a forth with PL answering questions etc.

Or is it a case of PL waiting until the same document they have has been released and tying their decision in with that release?.

Or option C, nobody knows what the PL is doing and are just making up scenarios, like me.

Gotta link?

For most of the clubs history it hasn't been one of the best around no.  But not being one of the best and being a completely pointless unsupportable shell of a club are two very different things.  Wanting the slow death of a pointless club to continue just so we can "get back to normal" is just something I can't wrap my head around.

Exactly this.  Well said!

Realistically, how long do you think the Premier League can prolong this test for?

End of July?

Indefinitely

think that's naive on the part of the buyer personally, at some point the questions will stop being asked and from then on they're not going to sit there in complete limbo for no reason whatsoever as they'll know it'll be a piss take being driven by qatar in the background

Craig Hope has also done an article how talks with players out of contract such as Matty Longstaff, Carroll and such are on hold, as any new terms have to be put to the prospective new owners. There will come a point pretty soon where the PL will have to tell us it's on or it's off, otherwise it is seriously curtailing our ability to operate as a club. Even a shit one as run by Charnley and co.

Once the WTO report is made public the Premier League will reject this takeover and we can get back to normal. Hopefully the Saudis don't appeal and we can draw a line under all this.

We've been s*** throughout most of our history other than for a few years at the start of the 1900s, the 1950s, a few years in the mid 90s and a few years at the start of this Century. So about 20/25 good years out of 128!

And here we have our best chance ever to become one of the best clubs in the World, but fuck that.

We don't have a chance. It's not going through and it never was. Of course I'd have loved this takeover to happen mate but I'm also a realist.

Quite a statement.

I'm sure you can understand why I hope you're massively wrong  :huff:

God I wish we knew nothing of this bid from the start! But so desperate are we that we've got people monitoring companies house and airports.

I hope I'm wrong too as well mate but I don't see how it can go through and the WTO report, which is what the PL are waiting for so they can formally reject it, will be the final nail (all my opinion).

Lots of do called ITKs on here and Twitter who weren't actually ITK at all, simply persons fishing for likes and clicks will end up losing a lot of credibilty I feel.

Weren't you ITK like a month ago saying it would be rejected?

I don't really think the report going public matters much, the PL have it, if they have grounds to reject it based on that report they could just reject it. They don't need the report to be public. Also wouldn't make sense for them to be waiting for it while also asking the buyers piracy questions just last week.

Premier League just need to cover their arses before rejecting it. The WTO report being made public is what they are waiting for.

And here we have our best chance ever to become one of the best clubs in the World, but fuck that.

Quite a statement.

I'm sure you can understand why I hope you're massively wrong  :huff:

God I wish we knew nothing of this bid from the start! But so desperate are we that we've got people monitoring companies house and airports.

I hope I'm wrong too as well mate but I don't see how it can go through and the WTO report, which is what the PL are waiting for so they can formally reject it, will be the final nail (all my opinion).

Lots of do called ITKs on here and Twitter who weren't actually ITK at all, simply persons fishing for likes and clicks will end up losing a lot of credibilty I feel.

Weren't you ITK like a month ago saying it would be rejected?

I don't really think the report going public matters much, the PL have it, if they have grounds to reject it based on that report they could just reject it. They don't need the report to be public. Also wouldn't make sense for them to be waiting for it while also asking the buyers piracy questions just last week.

Premier League just need to cover their arses before rejecting it. The WTO report being made public is what they are waiting for.

How would that affect it? Unless PIF are directly implicated in the WTO report, which AFAIK isn't the case.

About that aye. Have a listen, he explains that in the first 5 minutes or so of the podcast.

Sorry...just lazy....will do now I’ve been told off?

You could well be right but I think there'll surely be some kind of appeals process and then for it to be looked at again.

As has been said numerous times, Southampton's owners failed the test first time around.

People actually giving Wallsend Mag the time of day? Isn't he a known WUM? :lol:

Bit harsh to say he's a WUM like  :lol:

To be fair, I might be confusing him with someone else, I'm not sure :lol:

Given that the WTO report is out next week I’m not expecting any real news this week. Hopefully they’ve had the almost complete findings already and have spent the last 2 or 3 weeks working through these in readiness.

- Someone supports your opinion:

"Great post mate, really well put, it's 100% exactly like that"

- Someone says something against your opinion:

"Dunno why anyone listens to you, just a WUM, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about"

Given that there's probably less than 10 people in the whole world who know what's actually going on, and none of them post here, the number of people who treat others' opinions with such certainty is staggering. Literally anything anyone posts on here is just an opinion. Nobody has a fucking clue. It's frustrating, but we all need to chill out.

"Dunno why anyone listens to you, just a WUM, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about"

Given that there's probably less than 10 people in the whole world who know what's actually going on, and none of them post here, the number of people who treat others' opinions with such certainty is staggering. Literally anything anyone posts on here is just an opinion. Nobody has a fucking clue. It's frustrating, but we all need to chill out.

And have a beer.

Given that there's probably less than 10 people in the whole world who know what's actually going on, and none of them post here, the number of people who treat others' opinions with such certainty is staggering. Literally anything anyone posts on here is just an opinion. Nobody has a f***ing clue. It's frustrating, but we all need to chill out.

Dunno why anyone listens to you, just a WUM, you haven't got a clue what you're talking about