Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If it's not announced by next Friday doubts will surely start to creep in them. It seems to be going on and on. I just can't imagine looking at my phone and seeing it's announced.

It has always been said that it could take up to 4 weeks. So basically 4 weeks from 9th April. I'll only get worried at the end of next week if nothing's changed.

I'm not worried. Seems like the tricky bit is over and now its legalities. Can't see how anything can flag up in the fit and proper so its just letting things take their course ie money transfer isn't instant.

I'm starting to feel like this has hit an iceberg. All of these suggestions that it's all done, but they're dragging out the announcement for...what exactly? I think I've tipped from the elation of getting rid of that parasite, past the plateau of positive anticipation down the slope of (possibly/probably) paranoid cynicism. For a month it's been "very close" with whispers that it's done but every day comes with an expectance of an update yet nothing happens. We are hanging on to every word from Caulkin's tweets, in some case analysing them for cryptic meanings that may or may not be there.

All of these hopes for an announcement, countered with "it's Ramadan" or "it's the Saudi weekend" etc or (as has been in every takeover story we've been fed) "in the next X hours/days/weeks".

Bollocks, If it's done just announce it FFS.

Sorry for the rant, but I guess my legitimate question in all of this is what is to be gained by not announcing it? Just do it. It gets older than those awful dragged out Family Guy scenes that go on for far too long (like Peter's sore knee).

:lol: everyone needs to chill like. Even if the premier league checks are done (I doubt the PL will announce this due to furore around it), money still needs to change hands and there's probably other formalities to tie up. They're not going to announce anything before all of that is done.

I work in a bank. hundreds of millions of pounds are transferred by Swift, not BACS or Faster payments. its not like sending £20 to your mate, hey its gone, yeah got it thanks!

If the Saudi tradition is not to announce something until its completed and paid for, then we have to wait the 2-5 working days a Swift payment can take to be made.

If the checks were only finished yesterday, and presuming payment was sent immedatiately, then 2-5 Working days is friday till Wednesday next week.

#chill :)

A massive surge of hundreds of Saudi based Twitter accounts (All with posts predating the takeover leak, so unlikely to be bots) all posting right now that it's 100% done. Early morning Canageddon?

I cannot see any of this massive surge :/

Here is some of this surge: https://twitter.com/AlharthiFawaz/status/1255679782353846278

All posting the exact same phrases at the same time. Strange indeed.

I'm starting to feel like this has hit an iceberg. All of these suggestions that it's all done, but they're dragging out the announcement for...what exactly? I think I've tipped from the elation of getting rid of that parasite, past the plateau of positive anticipation down the slope of (possibly/probably) paranoid cynicism. For a month it's been "very close" with whispers that it's done but every day comes with an expectance of an update yet nothing happens. We are hanging on to every word from Caulkin's tweets, in some case analysing them for cryptic meanings that may or may not be there.

All of these hopes for an announcement, countered with "it's Ramadan" or "it's the Saudi weekend" etc or (as has been in every takeover story we've been fed) "in the next X hours/days/weeks".

Bollocks, If it's done just announce it FFS.

Sorry for the rant, but I guess my legitimate question in all of this is what is to be gained by not announcing it? Just do it. It gets older than those awful dragged out Family Guy scenes that go on for far too long (like Peter's sore knee).

Calm down and stop getting in a twist over no announcement.

The Saudi’s will want to wait until it’s formally complete before announcing it because that’s their custom. In addition to this PIF as company listed on multiple stock exchanges, may legally be required to complete deals before announcing them.

On top of this, with concerns of some fans going to the ground or elsewhere to celebrate, they won’t want to announce it prematurely and without having some sort of plan in place to deal with that.

Guest godzilla

If it's not announced by next Friday doubts will surely start to creep in them. It seems to be going on and on. I just can't imagine looking at my phone and seeing it's announced.

I honestly think tomorrow or by the latest Monday and then I will start having doubts. I think it's possibly being held off until the start of the new financial year, which is tomorrow and reports said that the money would take 2 - 5 days to complete the other day so that would be Monday.

I honestly think tomorrow or by the latest Monday and then I will start having doubts. I think it's possibly being held off until the start of the new financial year, which is tomorrow and reports said that the money would take 2 - 5 days to complete the other day so that would be Monday.

I'm going to be flapping like a motherfucker if I don't hear anything by close of play tomorrow. Don't think I could get through another weekend.

I work in a bank. hundreds of millions of pounds are transferred by Swift, not BACS or Faster payments. its not like sending £20 to your mate, hey its gone, yeah got it thanks!

If the Saudi tradition is not to announce something until its completed and paid for, then we have to wait the 2-5 working days a Swift payment can take to be made.

If the checks were only finished yesterday, and presuming payment was sent immedatiately, then 2-5 Working days is friday till Wednesday next week.

Thank you, totally appreciate this and it might chill me a little so cheers for that.

But I have follow up questions; where did this Saudi tradition come from? That's a pretty specific thing to have a tradition about. I mean, I get ones about hosting a guest for three days or similar but has anyone got another example of this 'tradition'? It sounds like it was just something someone wrote on Twitter and just got accepted as true.

Was the "checks finished yesterday" just an example or has something been confirmed? Pretty sure I've read that they were done at least a week or more ago, but who knows what is correct?

Aye, they also need to convert 80% of 300 million from Saudi currency to gbp. Possibly not available at the click of a finger. No concerns from me, the timeline seems to be moving along steadily and as expected.