Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I’ll confess to being slightly worried at how long this is taking now. It should be done

On what basis - firm, concrete basis - should it be done by now?

The basis that we all want it done NOW! :lol:

I’ll confess to being slightly worried at how long this is taking now. It should be done

Bloke on twitter said so

Actually, I've just re-checked. He's right, it should be done.

Ahh well.

From what Caulkin has said, 4 weeks from the submission to the PL on 9th April takes us to 7th May, apparently then followed by up to 5 days for funds to be transferred. I think on the basis of that timeline we can worry if we've heard nothing by the 13th, 14th of May but probably not sooner.

I think George's comments on Tuesday's Pod on the Tyne have got people expecting an announcement sooner.

Unless the rules have been made far stricter, I don’t get how Man City could be bought on an iou 🐄, money splashed out on Robinho and a statement of intent released before they’d even started the owners and directors test.

With Newcastle, it always has to be fucking played out in the media and it almost always ends up with us looking like a bunch of twats when it ultimately ends badly.

Think I'm going to give up checking on a regulat basis. Not been a productive two weeks for me. Was hoping it'd be done by tomorrow but don't think it will. If it goes beyond tomorrow, I'm going to let my notifiactions inform me.

George Caulkin said on Tuesday that he expected the O&D test to be complete on Wednesday. Then the transfer of funds can take a few days (2 to 5 days by some accounts).

If all of the above is true it could be next Wednesday before the money is received by Ashley. There might not be an announcement until then.

On what basis ‘should it be done’? By all accounts it can take up to 4 weeks. It’s been 3. Factor in added questions asked about Bein sports and sheffield United and also factor in that a lockdown can make things more difficult and the PL having trying to restart the league on their plate I think it will take all the time I needs to take.

Calm down ffs

Coming strongly eh

this is like midhat the last time,im losing confidence in this thing happening now..  We have heard  nothing at all from the people that matter,there would be somthing said by now at least from this end,never mind traditional silence somthing not right.Caulkin i suspect is guesswork to he always covers all bases,and theres nothing encrypted into his tweets.Its al poloni and we will be the best circus in town .

Unless the rules have been made far stricter, I don’t get how Man City could be bought on an iou 🐄, money splashed out on Robinho and a statement of intent released before they’d even started the owners and directors test.

With Newcastle, it always has to be fucking played out in the media and it almost always ends up with us looking like a bunch of twats when it ultimately ends badly.

There was no ownership test back then.

The Man City owner at the time had to sell, his assets were being seized.

Coming strongly eh

this is like midhat the last time,im losing confidence in this thing happening now..  We have heard  nothing at all from the people that matter,there would be somthing said by now at least from this end,never mind traditional silence somthing not right.Caulkin i suspect is guesswork to he always covers all bases,and theres nothing encrypted into his tweets.Its al poloni and we will be the best circus in town .

How is it like Midhat?

The fact that there has been no talk by the buyers is the exact opposite, it also suggests that they are being more professional.

The wait is pretty torturous tbh, i just want to wake up when this is all over.  All these little bullshit articles, dig away at the optimism.  Maybe we're so used to things going pear shaped that it breeds negativity and self doubt.  Having said that, I'm glad we have something to wait for - some hope-  rather than the same old Ashley status quo.

I had to go into work this morning, believe me it helps especially with this takeover page refreshing  :lol:

Hardly looked in today, cabin fever has set in, under normal circumstances half of the folk on here would be a lot calmer.

What you’re saying is you think this deal should be done quicker because the Manchester City one was completed quicker and the buyer went public earlier. You’ve got to realise this deal is a different deal so the comparative factor you’re using is useless. To me it looks like you’re just vocalising your nerves, but going and typing a message in public makes you feel like you’re doing something about (and can therefore control) your nerves. We’re all nervous and none of us have an iota of control or influence over this.

I’m sorry to use you as an example but this is an archetypal example of how lies and misinformation are spread. Just repeating something else one hears elsewhere, or vocalising one’s fears in a way which comes across as a statement of fact, isn’t ultimately of any benefit to anybody.

I really wish that more people could apply a bit of a thinking filter when they read or hear any information. The vast majority of information available to you is not objective fact, and it’s been that way your whole life. Being an adult involves acknowledging that and taking action accordingly, in my view.