Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

Maybe right, I actually think the Premier League would love to knock this back, but, the way the test is worded; they would face an absolutely massive lawsuit if they did, especially on the piracy issue (if it is indeed that)

Good PR. Wave through this one because they have little choice given their current rules and change right after so it doesnt happen again.

That works for me. :thup:

Guest awaymag

Hold on  I thought the premier league dont comment on these matters.  Also none of these journalists knew anything before the news broke by a newcastle fan watching company house.  Then you have all these transfer and manager rumours in the papers.

It's all bollocks to fill pages and get clicks. 

And it's so tiresome!

The fa changing the rules is good news for the takeover,

If the fa had declined the Newcastle deal, In this old format,

they would have left themselves wide open for litigation from the Saudi syndicate.

Now this way they can give us the green light, But also state if this had been under the new rules,

we would probably been denied. this then covers the FAs legal requirements.

Starting to worry now. Too much noise and opposition. Time ticking away. Something’s  wrong, I can easily see the dying out and again it’s been all for nothing.

Starting to worry now. Too much noise and opposition. Time ticking away. Something’s  wrong, I can easily see the dying out and again it’s been all for nothing.

The only major sticking point from the PL's point of view is the alleged piracy issue. But Hope says their policies aren't water-tight enough to prevent this from slipping through.

I'm not worried at all. It's just taking ages because there's a lot of complexity to it and they're limited by the coronavirus situation.

This one won't just die out. It'll either pass through or there will be a very public rejection.

Either way, this one doesn't end quietly.

The fa changing the rules is good news for the takeover,

If the fa had declined the Newcastle deal, In this old format,

they would have left themselves wide open for litigation from the Saudi syndicate.

Now this way they can give us the green light, But also state if this had been under the new rules,

we would probably been denied. this then covers the FAs legal requirements.

Very much this, I would envisage that the FA are trying to work with PIF on the wording as I don’t think the buyers would take kindly to being besmirched by the FA....you’re a bunch of ner-do-wells but we can’t stop under our current rules...bit like a guilty plea when you’re “innocent” just to make things go away

So when they officially own the club, what will the first major announcements be?

DoF? Training ground revamp?

Charnley and Bruce clearing their desks

They will keep Bruce on for a bit if the remaining PL games have to be played.. then a shorter break before the new season would start, hypothetically that would make it harder to sack him, get someone else in and carry out transfer business.

The best situation for us would be the remaining games not being played. Then a clear out could commence.