Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Bet he's well narked off with it all since he's a Liverpool fan and so probably couldn't give two fucks what happens with the takeover.

Really? I don't know if you've heard but every other non-nufc fan forum in the country is essentially Amnesty International distilled into one self-righteous little outrage-grenade now.

It was a shit joke and in poor taste, but the image of ashley being led away in cuffs.....to be honest, that did raise a smile

Bet he's well narked off with it all since he's a Liverpool fan and so probably couldn't give two fucks what happens with the takeover.

Really? I don't know if you've heard but every other non-nufc fan forum in the country is essentially Amnesty International distilled into one self-righteous little outrage-grenade now.

It was a shit joke and in poor taste, but the image of ashley being led away in cuffs.....to be honest, that did raise a smile

Should have had him being beheaded.

Guest neesy111

Do they even use Sheikh in Saudi? Thought it was a UAE term.

Correct, should be Crown Prince.

ySlcjOn.jpg

Oh dear, the feminists will not be happy, possibly also not a good advert for multi cultural society.

Suppose its much harder to set it up how you want things to appear when everyone is at home and not in studios etc.

Yes and no. They use the term Sheikh here (I've been living in KSA for over 20 years) but MBS is the Crown Prince so people would precede his name with either Aamir or Malik (as he's basically the King).

ySlcjOn.jpg

Oh dear, the feminists will not be happy, possibly also not a good advert for multi cultural society.

Suppose its much harder to set it up how you want things to appear when everyone is at home and not in studios etc.

As a feminist myself I don't care

Yes and no. They use the term Sheikh here (I've been living in KSA for over 20 years) but MBS is the Crown Prince so people would precede his name with either Aamir or Malik (as he's basically the King).

How is this takeover being seen over there? I imagine previously most Saudis would be only really interested in Man City, Liverpool and such. Do you reckon this will put us firmly on the map in the middle east as far as football goes?

I love getting mad at imaginary feminists making imaginary arguments.

I mean I like Emma Watson, and I thought she expanded her repertoire well and avoided being typecast after Harry Potter, while speaking eloquently on matters of social justice. BUT if she came on to my football forum, and started criticising the gender make up of a town hall event, discussing the sale of Newcastle, and demanding to come in to the Zoom meeting, and started typing really loudly without muting her mic I'd say OI! WATSON! NO!

ySlcjOn.jpg

Can I ask a question? Maybe I've missed something or whatever. But what the actual fuck are you on about?

There needs to be a very basic interview before giving anyone the social media passwords "Will you ever reply to a customer by asking them to go tell someone who gives a fuck?"

:lol:  Public Relations 101 really

The lad in charge is one of those people who wears caps that look like theyve been found at the bottom of a schools lost property box. Or a rolled up woolly hat in winter with brown doc martins and turn up chinos. Nailed on he'll have circular rimmed glasses in his collection too no doubt.

ySlcjOn.jpg

Can I ask a question? Maybe I've missed something or whatever. But what the actual f*** are you on about?

:lol: :lol:

ySlcjOn.jpg

The entire event was organised by a black woman so what the fuck are you blathering about?

ySlcjOn.jpg

The entire event was organised by a black woman so what the f*** are you blathering about?

:lol: :lol:

Read the other day that the Premier League want to make sure their end is watertight with regards to any legal action taken against them because of this. Not exactly sure what they would need to tighten but maybe that itself could explain the unexpected delay viewpoint from the buyers?

That doesnt sound good from our point of view.  :lol:

Is it the Sheff Utd angle that could scupper this? How could the PL prove that MBS could be in a position to inappropriately influence events between NUFC and SUFC?  Surely they cant just say "we think you will influence SUFC to do stuff that helps the cause of NUFC...and vice versa"?

Read the other day that the Premier League want to make sure their end is watertight with regards to any legal action taken against them because of this. Not exactly sure what they would need to tighten but maybe that itself could explain the unexpected delay viewpoint from the buyers?

Where'd you read that?

I'd be amazed if that kind of information is public knowledge as no one has any clue (as fas as I am aware) as to where things are in the PL process.

Where'd you read that?

I'd be amazed if that kind of information is public knowledge as no one has any clue (as fas as I am aware) as to where things are in the PL process.

It came from one of the journos iirc.

ySlcjOn.jpg

The entire event was organised by a black woman so what the fuck are you blathering about?

I just noticed 25 little faces, and like you say all apart from the Mp were all blokes. It just made me think how because we are in lock down it's much harder to dress things up to look a certain way perhaps like on tv etc, the labour mp would most likely have her fellow daft Mps if they watched that claim there was no female representation or enough diversity in race taking part etc.

It made me look and see how actually it reflects perhaps how real it is due to lockdown and how were doing things, over perhaps cherry picking to please audiences?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm so used to normally seeing cherry picked participants and it surprised me to see those 25 faces? Also I was genralising as a whole, not this forum.

It could also be im still in the Megan Rapinoe mode from days ago where I was trying to explain to a woman on twitter it's not about Male vs Females why the womens game can't justify an equal pay claim.

Btw it's just what I picked up at first glance. It's not meant to be a katie hopkins type nasty attack :lol:

Where'd you read that?

It was from Jason Burt

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/30/newcastle-united-takeover-delayed-bein-sports-objection-overalleged/

It is believed it may now take a few more days for the investigations to be finalised. Premier League sources still suggest beIN’s complaint will not ultimately prevent the takeover, but there is an acceptance that it has undoubtedly complicated matters. At the very least it means the Premier League has to make sure it has legally covered itself.​