Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

People are getting hung up on the 18th of October thing. As long as it doesn't impact a previously-published set of statutory accounts, you can date PSC notifications and the like as whatever the fuck you want.

It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that this is related to the NUFC takeover and I would expect the rest of the Saudis listed as SUFC directors to be removed at some point as well (but it's anyone's guess as to when that is going to be reflected on Companies House).

People are getting hung up on the 18th of October thing. As long as it doesn't impact a previously-published set of statutory accounts, you can date PSC notifications and the like as whatever the fuck you want.

It seems overwhelmingly likely to me that this is related to the NUFC takeover and I would expect the rest of the Saudis listed as SUFC directors to be removed at some point as well (but it's anyone's guess as to when that is going to be reflected on Companies House).

Penn making what appears to be a positive comment in relation to the takeover... I don't need any more confirmation, it's definitely on!

GLF4 and GLF5 seem to have diverged.

Not by much, they are still parallel and are pretty much heading south before banking east to avoid Kosovo etc. Next few minutes will be telling.

Yeah, nothing major of note today, carry on as you were. Fingers crossed we get more substantial news soon

Yep. Then nothing tomorrow then it's a long weekend. Before we know it we will be in this same stalemate next weekend. I'm 100% out like i just can't picture it happening, I really can't. Hope I'm wrong like but that's the strong feeling I have.

Guest godzilla

Yeah, nothing major of note today, carry on as you were. Fingers crossed we get more substantial news soon

Yep. Then nothing tomorrow then it's a long weekend. Before we know it we will be in this same stalemate next weekend. I'm 100% out like i just can't picture it happening, I really can't. Hope I'm wrong like but that's the strong feeling I have.

:morph:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/companies-house-update-on-sheffield-united-owner-abdullah-bin-musaad-impact-on-the-newcastle-takeover/

By Benjamin Newman

Published: May 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Last Updated: May 21, 2020 12:24 pm

When will the Newcastle United takeover happen?

Earlier today we reported that some unnamed Premier League clubs have upped the pressure on the league to stop the Newcastle United takeover from going ahead.

For more than five weeks, Newcastle fans have been waiting to open their ‘cans’ as the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund try to buy the Toon from Mike Ashley for 300 million pounds.

By all accounts, the Newcastle takeover will complete, even if it’s taking a bit longer than some had expected.

Companies House update on Sheffield United owner Abdullah bin Musa’ad

On Thursday, an update from Companies House alerted both Newcastle and Sheffield United fans.

One of the early objections to the Saudi takeover at St James’ Park concerned the Blades.

Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman is the chairman of Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund.

Meanwhile, Sheffield United is owned by MBS’s cousin, Prince Abdullah bin Musa’ad.

The argument had been asserted that a result of this Saudi family dynamic, Newcastle could exert under influence over affairs at Bramall Lane.

Yet, on Thursday, a report from Companies Hous indicated that Abdullah bin Musa’ad had ceased to be “a person with significant control” of Sheffield United as of October 2019.

Sheffield United have just filed confirmation with companies house that Abdullah Bin Mosa’ad Bin Abdulaziz Al Saudhas ceased to be “a person with significant control” as of October 2019https://t.co/wObjl0i0XN pic.twitter.com/waliA1zmM1

— David Dubas-Fisher (@dubasfisher) May 21, 2020

How could this impact the Newcastle United takeover?

The assumption to be drawn from the Companies House update is that if Abdullah bin Musa’ad is no longer important at Sheffield United, that could be another obstacle to fall by the wayside in the Saudi buyout.

However, well-followed Twitter user @RedRoseMichelle, who is a “solicitor (focused on) corporate crime”, has suggested that this latest Sheffield United update could be “a false alarm”.

She’s confirmed that Abdullah bin Musa’ad remains a director at Sheffield United.

Today’s update is explained as “a corporate structural change” by the Blades.

While, on the impact on the situation at Newcastle, Magpies fans are warned: “We don’t think this has any real impact on the takeover. Sit tight.”

1/ Companies House Update

We think this is a false alarm. Abdullah bin Musa’ad was notified as a person with significant control on 18th October and removed on the same day. For some reason it’s taken until today for it to be listed on Companies House

— Shell ?? (@RedRoseMichelle) May 21, 2020

2/He remains as a director of the Company & therefore of the club. Looks like this was a corporate structural change by Sheff Utd rather than takeover related. Blades Leisure Ltd own Sheff Utd & they were owned, until 18 Oct 2019, by Sheff Utd Ltd. That is no longer the case.

3/ The familial relationships between those involved with Sheff Utd and NUFC is extremely complicated. There are various individuals who come and go as part of the Company. But we don’t think this has any real impact on the takeover. Sit tight…

Another reporter to question the meaning of today’s Companies House report is the New York Times’ Tariq Panja.

He’s noted that Abdullah bin Musa’ad has appeared very active at Sheffield United since October 2019.

Specifically when he claimed credit for agreeing Chris Wilder’s new 5-year deal with the Blades.

Strange for someone who ceased to have control of the club in Oct. 2019 giving an interview in Jan 2020 to announce the club had handed coach Chris Wilder a new 5 year contract and outline "his" plans for the club: https://t.co/FfTxxDi0L7

— tariq panja (@tariqpanja) May 21, 2020

Also seems odd that if this happened in October that it's being filed now. According to the guidelines, that form should have been submitted within 14 days of a person ceasing to have significant control of the business

— tariq panja (@tariqpanja) May 21, 2020

Wait and see. I bet time proves me right. You were adamant it was all done last summer man. Learn your lessons!

Wait and see. I bet time proves me right. You were adamant it was all done last summer man. Learn your lessons!

We'll give you a shout when we find out, mate.

Nothing significant today. We've just had Caulkin more or less spell out the PL have unofficially given the green light and we've had significant movement on Companies House in relation to Sheffield United's owner. This along with more reports the deal is edging closer.

We're moving in the right direction.

Guest godzilla

Don't lie I didn't say that at all, I said an offer had been made, which it was. You have to be Gallowgate End on another login address ;D

Well well well... Saudi majority shareholder in Shef Utd. has resigned according to companies house.

Clearly part of a compromise as a result of the PL checks. Absolutely huge and shows things continue to move significantly.

You’d rather be right wouldn’t you

Even if it is to do with us getting take over, I can’t see Sheff Utd being allowed or even willing to confirm this is the case.

It will basically be some flimsy excuse about incorrect paperwork or something. We won’t get mentioned

Guest godzilla

See Companies House gets updated on the quiet all the time, looks like they are trying to justify themselves....

Yeah I agree otherwise they would have just come out and said nothing in it

GLF4 and GLF5 seem to have diverged.

Not by much, they are still parallel and are pretty much heading south before banking east to avoid Kosovo etc. Next few minutes will be telling.

Had to leave my flightradar screen for a bit, so did GLF5 land on a Greek island and is now heading north again ?

Picking up Nikos Dabizas I reckon, wasn't he touted for a job under the new regime

:lol: