Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I just don’t see how other clubs have any say at all in this.

because the premier league is a members club and everyone has an equal say on things (hence the problems in deciding anything about how a restart will work)

Yeah but they don’t get a say in who owns another club surely.

maybe not a direct say (I have no idea how they run things) but to pretend having some clubs expressing concerns or whatever would have no influence on the process is naive. Doubt its much out of concern of oh no super rich dude is coming in and more negative pr from being even remotely associated with SA and the piracy issue

They would have to have legal reasons still to block it and as far as we know they haven’t so I’m guessing this will all still be irrelevant.

Guest awaymag

The papers just don't have a clue man!  Wasn't it Thursday last week when the latest rumour of delay hit the papers.  Oh look its Thursday again.  The pattern is on repeat until either the PremierLeague or NUFC make an announcement.  If nothing is announced before the weekend, then the papers will write more shit to sell their Sunday papers and around we go again

The papers just don't have a clue man!  Wasn't it Thursday last week when the latest rumour of delay hit the papers.  Oh look its Thursday again.  The pattern is on repeat until either the PremierLeague or NUFC make an announcement.  If nothing is announced before the weekend, then the papers will write more shit to sell their Sunday papers and around we go again

The PL won’t make an announcement, NUFC/PIF will.

It’s not even that they don’t know, they do know. All they are doing is trying to write an article to get clickbait. He’s knows what the article writes is false and being called out on it, he’s trying to change the wording to insinuate that it’s not on the grounds of new owners but legal grounds etc. He knows it’s bull and can’t pull the wool over people’s eyes so is trying to legitimise the article.

Anyone mentioned that Sheffield United have updated their Companies House details to remove any involvement of MBS' cousin? Presumably to cover the conflict of issue bother:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/were-going-right-track-cans-newcastle-united-fans-react-sheffield-united-companies-house-update-2860653

Not much. Was just talked about for the last 6 hours or so :lol:

Anyone mentioned that Sheffield United have updated their Companies House details to remove any involvement of MBS' cousin? Presumably to cover the conflict of issue bother:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/were-going-right-track-cans-newcastle-united-fans-react-sheffield-united-companies-house-update-2860653

Get back in that armchair :lol:

Shocking article and looks like he’s taken it down

Just makes me even more hopeful that this takeover does goes through to spite the lot of them

What the fuck has happened at The Guardian? They're basically the Channel 4 of print media right now, fondly remembered as being a bit challenging and speaking truth to power back in the day, absolute sewage-pipes of fucking swill now.

'there might be a few legal issues, depending on your view'

What the fuck is that meant to mean? Surely your view doesnt matter when it comes to the legality of something, its either legal or it isn't.

Unless I'm just reading that wrong.

What the f*** is that meant to mean? Surely your view doesnt matter when it comes to the legality of something, its either legal or it isn't.

It's how the world works. If you don't like something and can afford it one way of trying to stop it is to employ the best lawyers around to go searching for other legitimate legal reasons to try and stop something.

Yes but have we had any uplifting airplane chat?

Aye loads.

I know the plane chat got a bit out of hand, but the facts are that a private jet flew from Saudi Arabia overnight, landed in Newcastle this morning, stayed an hour, took off again and is now approaching Riyadh.

Yes but have we had any uplifting airplane chat?

Aye loads.

I know the plane chat got a bit out of hand, but the facts are that a private jet flew from Saudi Arabia overnight, landed in Newcastle this morning, stayed an hour and is now approaching Riyadh.

Sod em. I found it to be delightfully relaxing, even if it proves to be nothing. The naysayers dont know what theyre missing :D

What the f*** is that meant to mean? Surely your view doesnt matter when it comes to the legality of something, its either legal or it isn't.

It's how the world works. If you don't like something and can afford it one way of trying to stop it is to employ the best lawyers around to go searching for other legitimate legal reasons to try and stop something.

Yes I understand they can get people to search for any legal issues, but that's not a matter of your view is it? Your view could be 'that's illegal' but the law says 'no its not', and that's the end of it.  Just saying that a persons view makes no odds to how legal something is, so don't understand why he said it.

Yes I understand they can get people to search for any legal issues, but that's not a matter of your view is it? Your view could be 'that's illegal' but the law says 'no its not', and that's the end of it.  Just saying that a persons view makes no odds to how legal something is, so don't understand why he said it.

Well it does. Because the law isn't as straight forward as that. You often get top Queens Counsel arguing different interpretations of the law, for example.

So 24 hours after yesterday's hysteria we are still no further forward and heading into another long weekend of silence. I will be genuinely shocked if this ever happens like. I'm already preparing myself for Ashley and Bruce next season. Just feels like this takeover isn't meant to be. I mean can anyone actually picture it happening!?

Cold harsh truth is if this was going to happen it would have by now.

Well it does. Because the law isn't as straight forward as that. You often get top Queens Counsel arguing different interpretations of the law, for example.

Fair enough :thup:

Always assumed with stuff like this (epl checks with set rules) that it would be either legal or illegal. Don't know enough about it to be disagreeing.

So 24 hours after yesterday's hysteria we are still no further forward and heading into another long weekend of silence. I will be genuinely shocked if this ever happens like. I'm already preparing myself for Ashley and Bruce next season. Just feels like this takeover isn't meant to be. I mean can anyone actually picture it happening!?

Alternatively, if it was going to be rejected it would have by now

Interesting post on Blue Moon earlier today:

Hart of the Matter

A friend works in Newcastle press team and has been called in tomorrow out of the blue. May not be related but seems a coincidence.

:lol: