Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Just remember gang, Mike is here FOREVER. Now just all sit back, relax and get ready for Steve's liquid football at the weekend, followed by him signing an 8 year contract.

Just remember gang, Mike is here FOREVER. Now just all sit back, relax and get ready for Steve's liquid football at the weekend, followed by him signing an 8 year contract.

I can see Mike doing that just to spite us

I think today we will know for sure, I’m still pretty confident, but not gonna lie after having to come to terms with the moral aspect of the takeover I was really happy to see Ashley gone. If this fucks up it’s the end of following us.

Yeah, although I've been switched off for ages now, this would actually end me as a Newcastle fan in any sense of the word.

Valid point posted in replies to Ian Dennis' tweet?

Agree - thought this report was all about the SA/Qatar IP/Piracy thing and instigated well before the takeover.

So why would it reference it at all?

I can’t see how the World Trade Organisation would recommend that the Premier League reject the takeover of NUFC, which is private international trade transaction. It would be against everything they are there to protect.

I also can’t see how the report has been written for 2 years, yet they have a section in it relating to a rumoured transition that has only occurred within the last 2 months.

why the fuck would the WTO report specifically reference the "confidential" takeover when it has absolutely fuck all to do with the initial claims? 

This is what I don't know either, did the PL ask for this report with specific reference to this takeover decision? If not I can't see why it even mentions the deal.

But the takeover isn't by KSA, it's PIF

Whose chairman owns the fucking country.

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

I've been saying this for weeks.

the chairman of PIF is the Crown Prince (who has a whole load of other jobs on paper in the government) and its the Public Investment Fund they're directly subordinate to KSA 

Why are people so blind to this being an issue? Do people just have their heads in the sand? There's not a chance on earth this goes through. Zero.

The directors' test says anyone who might have an influence over the club has to be squeaky clean, and not "reasonably" thought to have done anything like, I dunno, be involved in piracy. Can you think of anyone who has connections to PIF who this might apply to?

Doesn’t fucking matter it’s about PIF being a separate legal entity.

People really aren't understanding this at all. Going on as if the contents of this report are some sort of surprise to the parties involved and like this is a moment of revelation because the press can finally read and quote it. The PL and those involved had this report over a month ago. It says bad things. The question is whether the KSA/PIF response can either evade it by "not being involved/not same entity" or they can offer resolutions to resolve the issues in the report that (again) they have already had for ages.

lol thats not how it works

People really aren't understanding this at all. Going on as if the contents of this report are some sort of surprise to the parties involved and like this is a moment of revelation because the press can finally read and quote it. The PL and those involved had this report over a month ago. It says bad things. The question is whether the KSA/PIF response can either evade it by "not being involved/not same entity" or they can offer resolutions to resolve the issues in the report that (again) they have already had for ages.

:thup:

lol thats not how it works

Legally yes that’s how it works.

I think this will go through still, I don’t see the pl rejecting money in the current state football is in

if it were anybody but KSA maybe but with the beoutq shit which they've been trying to take action over for a while now. It would be a weird look for the premier league to try and take action against KSA earlier this year then just say welcome a little while later