Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest awaymag

but does the WTO link PIF to the piracy.........ah whats the point, who cares anymore.  Bruce will take us down this season anyway so its all shite!

I reckon the report will be pretty bad but the PL will say they’ve worked something out with SA and the deal will get the green light. As soon as I read that piece about the gov supporting the deal, that’s basically it being done 100 percent. I think a lot of this is legally covering themselves and also appearing to at least sort of care about the issue.

yeah i don't see why the report would be a fait accompli considering it's relating to things that took place in the past and the piracy it's directly related to has been shut down (afaik)

some vague commitments to tackle piracy should surely cover it

but does the WTO link PIF to the piracy.........ah whats the point, who cares anymore.  Bruce will take us down this season anyway so its all shite!

The WTO report is about if Saudi Arabia could have done more to prevent the piracy, not if they were behind it. A fact that the press seem to ignore.

I noticed Steve Wraith has said it's 50/50. Weeks and weeks of saying its done and his sources have said so blah blah. Now claiming it's a coin flip, no one knows and is denying ever saying it was done. Absolute arsehole of the highest order him.

Something happened to Edwards when Bruce was appointed. Always thought he was ok before then.

His opinion on Bruce were so far out of line with almost every supporter that he went into full double-down mode.

The WTO report is about if Saudi Arabia could have done more to prevent the piracy, not if they were behind it. A fact that the press seem to ignore.

:snod:

Exactly.  They are investigating whether KSA could have done more, which is always going to come back with the answer of "yes".  If the WTO did an investigation into whether the United States or United Kingdom could do more to prevent piracy, the report would come back saying "yes" because there is (by definition) always more that could be done.

The report will come back saying, probably in strong terms, that KSA is not doing enough to stop piracy, that KSA must do more to stop piracy, that KSA must open Saudi courts to IP theft cases, etc.  But it is less likely to say much beyond that.  Such a report would not meet the criteria of the O&D Test to cause the deal to be blocked.  If the report goes beyond that and gives more ammunition to fail the O&D Test then the WTO will likely of exceed the remit of the inquiry, which would cause PIF to tell the PL that the report is invalid and that PIF will sue the PL if they use the WTO report to block the takeover.