Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

There is no link, this is a private source. I have no news about the outcome of the meeting, will ask the question but want to wait a few hours.

Now this is quality content.

Appreciate it Golfmag  O0

Deleted it. Apologies.

Why?

I didnt want to piss Golfmag off. Even though anyone can see this forum, it's not really my information to throw around.

It would just be handy if we didnt have to get our information from ITKs and the journos could do their jobs.

Deleted it. Apologies.

Why?

I didnt want to p*ss Golfmag off. Even though anyone can see this forum, it's not really my information to throw around.

It would just be handy if we didnt have to get our information from ITKs and the journos could do their jobs.

Once again, like most things to do with how our club operates, as fans we are completely in the dark. It’s been the most frustrating part of this whole saga.

‪The Chairman of PIF - who is also involved with golf - met with the government AND the Premier League on Thursday in London, to try and get the deal done‬

Are we taking that as a bad sign that he has had to try and get involved to get this done ?

Think it's the opposite to be honest

How so ?

They will be meeting him possibly to clarify and finalise some details and rubber stamp the deal. Why do you think it's a negative?

Probably ties into that tweet from Ben Jacobs the other day saying they wanted clarity on the role of that knacker who tweeted "just email iz lol" about piracy. He said they wanted to clarify his role in PIF and potential involvement with nufc.

Deleted it. Apologies.

Why?

I didnt want to piss Golfmag off. Even though anyone can see this forum, it's not really my information to throw around.

I see. I've read this the wrong way round. I read your tweet first and then realised it was based off a post on this thread.

No-one in government is holding face-to-face meetings with foreigners lads, sorry. It's a preposterous notion. More tall tales I'm afraid.

The Tories will definitely be holding face to face meetings if it's about procuring foreign investments  :lol:

They'll also be socially distant on opposite sides of a boardroom.

No-one in government is holding face-to-face meetings with foreigners lads, sorry. It's a preposterous notion. More tall tales I'm afraid.

Shame you've chosen to contradict one of the most trustworthy ITK posters on here :lol:

I think it's just a bit of gentle sarcasm from our man Penn, saying "government officials meeting foreigners? well I never".  The implication, presumably, being that there is nothing to read into such a meeting taking place.  That's my take anyway.  Personally, I was disappointed - previous attempts to pour cold water over folks' excitement have been much more infuriating :lol:

Unless it's a commentary on 14 day self isolation and what have you.  Who knows.

Let’s not forget that if a government minister is meeting people face to face, actually a golf course is by the rules one of the most legitimate places to do so

Isn’t it known that a lot of business deals happen on a golf course?

My uncle used to be a partner in some very successful businesses. His companies would pay mega amount of money for golf memberships for his business partner. Sometimes they would pay thousands just for membership at 1 club that he would use only once every few years because it was crucial to be able to have a game with someone there.

You missed Macron at Downing Street two weeks ago?