Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Fuckin hell now we're talking Nazi s*** in here?

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it? If you were going to pick the most brutal regime around, is there one worse? North Korea possibly but at least they're not bombing anyone.

The UK had pretty good relations with the Nazi regime up until the outbreak of war, Edward VIII was a friend of Hitler. I don't think "our government likes them" is the most robust defence, you could say the same about Assad and Gaddafi, these people are always our "friends" until they're not.

You missed the point. Take all that moral s*** stuff to the other thread, not this one. Jeez.

This is the main takeover thread. It's going to be discussed whether you like it or not. Jeez.

So what do you want to happen, Wullie? Another boycoutt?

Or keep all the pseudo-moral crap for the Emo crywank what cost thread. Is anybody here actually buzzing about getting shot of Ashley and competing again?  I can’t wait.

More s*** craic...

Genuinely can't believe people are taking the p*ss out of 'morality', beyond bizarre.

Of course I want rid of Ashley...BUT IT'S TOTALLY SOUND TO HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT WHO BUYS US.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was a mackem consortium buying us. Probably f***ing uproar

This. And it's also absolutely fine to not give a shit either.

I personally have reservations about Saudi involvement, but it's not going to change my feelings towards the football club. Support the team, not the regime. Remember that?

Some of the coverage of the takeover has been unfair. Football fans have been systematically disenfranchised and conditioned to know their place by the authorities, broadcasters and journalists for the last 30 plus years. We can't even stop Sky putting at away game at the other end of the country on a Monday night, and now we're supposed to be leading the charge for human rights in a far flung corner of the world? Miguel Delany and his ilk need to fuck the fuck off.

I'd probably personally put Israel and the U.S governments ahead of the Saudis', but this is just the opposite end of the whataboutism point and detracts from the fact that the Saudis are evil and that it's them that are potentially buying our club, no one else.

Fuckin hell now we're talking Nazi s*** in here?

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it? If you were going to pick the most brutal regime around, is there one worse? North Korea possibly but at least they're not bombing anyone.

The UK had pretty good relations with the Nazi regime up until the outbreak of war, Edward VIII was a friend of Hitler. I don't think "our government likes them" is the most robust defence, you could say the same about Assad and Gaddafi, these people are always our "friends" until they're not.

You missed the point. Take all that moral s*** stuff to the other thread, not this one. Jeez.

This is the main takeover thread. It's going to be discussed whether you like it or not. Jeez.

So what do you want to happen, Wullie? Another boycoutt?

Not at all. A matter for the individual conscience this one I think. I don't think the FA/PL should be allowing any states to own football clubs but that ship's already sailed.

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it?

aye, it is like

Ok why? Who are the most brutal repressive regime on Earth at the moment? I've already said I'll give you North Korea, so discount them.

Why are you pulling the Nazis in man? The Nazis were about exterminating races of people based on bullshit genetic theory. Are the Saudi's doing that? I wasn't aware.

Anyway I'll go with Irsael then. They've had their boot on the neck of the Palestinians for decades. Starving them, imprisoning them, executing them at will, whatever else you want to pick.

I'd probably personally put Israel and the U.S governments ahead of the Saudis', but this is just the opposite end of the whataboutism point and detracts from the fact that the Saudis are evil and that it's them that are potentially buying our club, no one else.

:thup:

Good to have you back man.

It's not hyperbole to say that the Saudis are one of the closest things on Earth at the moment to the Nazis is it?

aye, it is like

Ok why? Who are the most brutal repressive regime on Earth at the moment? I've already said I'll give you North Korea, so discount them.

Why are you pulling the Nazis in man? The Nazis were about exterminating races of people based on bullshit genetic theory. Are the Saudi's doing that? I wasn't aware.

Anyway I'll go with Irsael then. They've had their boot on the neck of the Palestinians for decades. Starving them, imprisoning them, executing them at will, whatever else you want to pick.

China has done all that and more. Doesn't seem to be noticed so much now they are a financial superpower.

aye, it is like

China has done all that and more. Doesn't seem to be noticed so much now they are a financial superpower.

Yeah our posts crossed over. You've a good point with China.

Hugo Boss, Adidas, VW, Mercedes et all, all had ties to Nazi Germany. ...

Tl;dr: Other big brands have questionable ties too.

They all do, and we buy them.

That’s my point, try and life your own life as a nice person, with a sone conscience of others, the works etc and  to what you can the most to make your own world a better world for you and others the most you can....

End of the day Doug Forcett lived his entire life trying and failed. 

aye, it is like

Being brutal and oppressive is one thing, sending whole people into a gas chamber based on ethnicity is another.

You know for a fact though, if the Nazis were around today and they bought a Premier League club, their fans would 100% be out in force on Twitter with "What about Abramovich though?" :lol: