Newcastle United 1-1 Aston Villa - 24/06 - post match from p17

Disco

Almiron annon yet again. Waste of a shirt imo, been a terrible signing.

Been poor so far but that second sentence is utter drivel.

He looked brilliant under Rafa. Exactly what we were missing. He’s not started in his best position once under Bruce, has he?

40 games, 2 goals for an attacking mid is dire. He’s got the footballing mentality of a child. Every decision he makes is the wrong one. Loads of pace and a good level of technical skills but mentally he’s not even championship.

Similarly grew into the game as last time out. Saint-Maximin being heavily marked but still managing to find space and be a threat. Not sure about booking Lascelles for asking for a check like? Haven’t seen that before.

Luiz was booked wasn't he?

Wasn’t confirmed I don’t think? Ritchie kicking off suggested Lascelles was.

FotMob confirms it was Luiz for moi. Ritchie would have been complaining it wasn't a red.

Football's nowt worth talking about but I reckon BT has done a much better job with the crowd audio than Sky. Its more muted and often on point with its cheers and boos. You can still hear groundstaff when they raise their voices - don't think I've heard a single comment from Bruce though.

40 games, 2 goals for an attacking mid is dire. He’s got the footballing mentality of a child. Every decision he makes is the wrong one. Loads of pace and a good level of technical skills but mentally he’s not even championship.

I'm sorry, but that is utter shite :lol:

Fernandez and Lascelles seem staunchly against playing out. There's been a few times Hayden and Shelvey have had to drop so deep to get it off them.

We had the same problem with Cabaye under uncle Al Pards. Just lets Villa keep their shape and there's not enough movement to open something up.

A big problem for us is how long it takes Dubravka to distribute a ball. He takes far too long, and for a team who’s supposed to counter attack, it takes away any opportunity of taking advantage of an outnumbered defence.

Guest neesy111

Trip to Barnard castle needed.

Guest godzilla

Similarly grew into the game as last time out. Saint-Maximin being heavily marked but still managing to find space and be a threat. Not sure about booking Lascelles for asking for a check like? Haven’t seen that before.

According to Flash scores he was booked, think Ritchie was kicking off for a red card or maybe a penalty

Football's nowt worth talking about but I reckon BT has done a much better job with the crowd audio than Sky. Its more muted and often on point with its cheers and boos. You can still hear groundstaff when they raise their voices - don't think I've heard a single comment from Bruce though.

Shame they have cut to different camera’s, none of which show the ball in play a lot.

His work rate and the ground he covers is vital for this team. After we signed him last season he changed the side and were 7th in almost every department since his debut. And I wouldn't expect any attacking player to he prolific in a Steve Bruce side. To suggest he's been a 'terrible' signing is utterly mental.

FotMob confirms it was Luiz for moi. Ritchie would have been complaining it wasn't a red.

:thup: Fair play. Wasn’t confirmed on the broadcast I’m watching as it usually is.

I'm sorry, but that is utter shite :lol:

He’s a more central obertan with a big dumb grin.

His work rate and the ground he covers is vital for this team. After we signed him last season he changed the side and were 7th in almost every department since his debut. And I wouldn't expect any attacking player to he prolific in a Steve Bruce side. To suggest he's been a 'terrible' signing is utterly mental.

He'll be Coutinhos backup next season

Fernandez and Lascelles seem staunchly against playing out. There's been a few times Hayden and Shelvey have had to drop so deep to get it off them.

We had the same problem with Cabaye under uncle Al Pards. Just lets Villa keep their shape and there's not enough movement to open something up.

I big problem for us is how long it take Dubravka to distribute a ball. He takes far too long, and for a team who’s supposed to counter attack, it takes away any opportunity of taking advantage of an outnumbered defence.

Again, I don't think there's much going on in front of him. We're not particularly quick to get out. ASM and Almiron are the only options.

He runs around like a headless chicken providing fuck all at the business end. He’s a great outlet, but anywhere near the box and you may as well close your eyes and wait for the next passage of play. I’m certain this is what he does, might as well join him.

I still don’t really get how you can book someone meaning they’ve fouled in some way but then not give a penalty. Obviously there’s some rule I don’t know of...

The ball wasn't in play

Guest neesy111

I still don’t really get how you can book someone meaning they’ve fouled in some way but then not give a penalty. Obviously there’s some rule I don’t know of...

You can't give a penalty when the ball isn't in play.