Newcastle United 1-1 Aston Villa - 24/06 - post match from p17

Disco

Almiron annon yet again. Waste of a shirt imo, been a terrible signing.

Been poor so far but that second sentence is utter drivel.

40 games, 2 goals for an attacking mid is dire. He’s got the footballing mentality of a child. Every decision he makes is the wrong one. Loads of pace and a good level of technical skills but mentally he’s not even championship.

His work rate and the ground he covers is vital for this team. After we signed him last season he changed the side and were 7th in almost every department since his debut. And I wouldn't expect any attacking player to he prolific in a Steve Bruce side. To suggest he's been a 'terrible' signing is utterly mental.

He'll be Coutinhos backup next season

Jesus. Imagine if so and when Coutinho doesn’t play and we go from that level of creativity to running about a bit at high speed.  :lol:

Tbf I’m purposely going out on him, just reached my limits with him today. Hopefully he shuts me up 2nd half.

Don't know if you guys know or not, but you can't give a penalty if the ball isn't in play. Just figured i'd let you know.

Don't take the piss out of Infinitely Content[/member]. He's the best and most placid poster on here.

Said it last game, and yes Joelinton did eventually score, but vs 10 when the game was won, but I'd like to see Carroll on for him. Carroll looked good in the few minutes he got, and I think hed do more in the box than Joelinton is right now.

Don't know if you guys know or not, but you can't give a penalty if the ball isn't in play. Just figured i'd let you know.

Don't take the piss out of Infinitely Content[/member]. He's the best and most placid poster on here.

Also don’t know the rules of the game I love the most, apparently  :lol:

Said it last game, and yes Joelinton did eventually score, but vs 10 when the game was won, but I'd like to see Carroll on for him. Carroll looked good in the few minutes he got, and I think hed do more in the box than Joelinton is right now.

I think he’s done alright. The last 90mins of his NUFC career have been his best for me,

Guest neesy111

Hadn’t heard.

Means if the ball isn’t in play you can just get your s*** player to gan swing for somebody in the box.

Foul play still occurs.

Fernandez and Lascelles seem staunchly against playing out. There's been a few times Hayden and Shelvey have had to drop so deep to get it off them.

We had the same problem with Cabaye under uncle Al Pards. Just lets Villa keep their shape and there's not enough movement to open something up.

A big problem for us is how long it takes Dubravka to distribute a ball. He takes far too long, and for a team who’s supposed to counter attack, it takes away any opportunity of taking advantage of an outnumbered defence.

Not a problem at all. Dubravka is frequently looking for an early release, either our players aren't alive to it or the oppo are covering too close too risk it.

I genuinely dont see the point looking to cross if Joelinton is on the box. There's nothing happening,  he's none existent.

Looks better in deep positions and the ball at his feet.

He's gonna do nothing in the box on his own.