Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester City - 28/06/20 - post match from p30

Disco

Anyone who says this performance is the same as under Rafa know absolutely f##k all about football!

Tight, compact 5-4-1 defensive game playing on the counter?  Is that not exactly what Rafa did when we won 2-1?

In fairness I thought you were comparing it to the 0-1 in 2017 under Benitez.

Anyone who says this performance is the same as under Rafa know absolutely f##k all about football!

Tight, compact 5-4-1 defensive game playing on the counter?  Is that not exactly what Rafa did when we won 2-1?

Yes, well the playing on the counter part is missing today.

Defending in depth is okay, but it needs to be done with some aggression. On the occasions when we got the ball, it felt like we just weren't in any kind of positive frame of mind and promptly lost it. That's improved a bit since we went behind though.

ASM's limitations have been well and truly shown up. Longstaff has looked more confident than before.

I agree completely. He's never going to make it at LEFT BACK!

Well I thought we will be behind by 3 goals at half time... so I'm happy with this. Except for Schar pushing, all the players play decently. Shout to Carroll, Rose, and Maximin.

Maximin has been awful tbf.

You're not allowed to say that. I've already tried in this thread.

:lol::lol: what a bairn.

Set up is the same, but under Rafa we had a purpose when did have the ball.

Aye it didn't always work but we had a structure on the break, this is just hoof to Carroll and hope.

There's no way Bruce has told the players what to do when we have the ball, in detail so they all know know their job.

If we get it lads, give it a hoof to AC and get around him.

Well I thought we will be behind by 3 goals at half time... so I'm happy with this. Except for Schar pushing, all the players play decently. Shout to Carroll, Rose, and Maximin.

It's Bruce's fault ASM keeps miscontrolling the ball

ASM is trying to do too much in dangerous positions.  He's not smart enough to play any different.

Yeah, he should just kick it back to their goalie like everyone else, absolutely!

ASM trying to do too much is the only reason we are ever remotely threatening any game, or worth watching in any capacity.

Don'tmind Micah Richards he does seem to be everywhere at the moment though. Certainly doesn't sound thick

Not like N-O to dislike some random inoffensive pundit in a Newcastle game :lol:

I've found him annoying, tbh. He has been talking as if Newcastle are Sunderland or some hopeless lower league side. This is a Premier League side with 100 M+ yearly income, no one should "feel sorry" for them.

No idea who this Holden bloke is but he's insufferable in every thread

ASM is trying to do too much in dangerous positions.  He's not smart enough to play any different.

Do you not think he's an intelligent footballer?

I think we need to nail down what we're talking about.  I think he is a fairly intelligent attacker, who has great technique, self confidence and pace.  He is an amazing dribbler.

Does he have the intelligence to modify his game in specific situations where it is better to say just clear the ball into a channel?  I don't think so.