Favourite post-Shearer number 9

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's not a terrible shout. A continuously fully fit Carroll that stays at Newcastle United for ten years could only exist in a reality where the club was an ambitious entity; ie no Ashley, good managers, good players, real strategy and lots of talent. That Carroll - building on all his promise - in that scenario could've scratched an average of 20 a season, I've no doubt.

But, ya know. The 2010s went how they went. Carroll got injured, Pardew had his day, people voted for Brexit, Trump arrived and barely an aircraft went higher 30,000 feet. It wasn't our decade.

A fully fit and motivated Carroll would have broke Shearers club goalscoring record by now if he had stayed here from day 1 I reckon.

Eh?! Not a chance!

He’s scored 79 goals in his whole career

The question was number 9 though, so should it just be about the position? Think it’s a bit ambiguous.

The poll only features people who have actually worn it...

Tapatalk didn’t have the poll so that’s my bad man.

:lol: he didn't wear number 9 though. I agree he's the best striker we've had since Shearer, like.

As I said. I don't give a fuck. He is a number 9. He is the best no.9 we've had since Shearer. Are you saying if Shearer wore number 10 he wouldn't be our best no9.

His number was 19 which quite clearly states he was our number one number 9.

:lol: he didn't wear number 9 though. I agree he's the best striker we've had since Shearer, like.

As I said. I don't give a fuck. He is a number 9. He is the best no.9 we've had since Shearer. Are you saying if Shearer wore number 10 he wouldn't be our best no9.

It's just a daft poll mate I wouldn't let it get to you. X

Favourite "9" is Cisse for that magical half-season when he joined. Rondon second.

Favourite "non-9" is Ba, followed by Remy.

Carroll was always going to be another Duncan Fergurson, plagued by injuries due to his playing style. He was never going to be fully fit and lacks the mobility to be a 20-goal striker.

Joelinton wins worst "9" hands down.

That's exactly what I'm pointing out. To disqualify the best from the poll is just stupid.

Demba wore no.9 for Besiktas so he is a no.9.

That's exactly what I'm pointing out. To disqualify the best from the poll is just stupid.

Demba wore no.9 for Besiktas so he is a no.9.

Knock it off man you're losing it!

Tried to edit the poll for clarity but couldn't fit it all in so looks like we'll be debating the real meaning of all this for years to come.

Just change name to best striker since Shearer. Leave the numbers out

:lol: Just saw the edited poll.

It's not exactly hard, is it? NUFC has a proud history of players who have worn the number 9. So the debate is solely about those players that have worn the number 9. I'd vote Ba as our best striker since Shearer but that's not the question that was asked, was it?

Although I don't know why I'm saying this because of course it's stan leading the fucking obtuseness. :lol: